Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Hello, and welcome!

Thanks
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,272 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It can be kind of quiet around here, but that's always something that can change.
  • mtaratoot
    edited January 2
    Options
    So nobody thinks I'm being rude, I thought I should let folks know that I don't accept many friend requests, and for sure none from people who have a blank profile.
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So quiet here
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    Rxman1971 wrote: »
    So quiet here

Yup.

I think part of the problem is that very few issues with weight loss or fitness improvement are actually age-specific. Many of the very active 50+ folks participate elsewhere in the Community, besides here. Groups in general tend to languish a bit, though there are exceptions.

What content would you like to see in this group?
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So quiet here

Yup.

I think part of the problem is that very few issues with weight loss or fitness improvement are actually age-specific. Many of the very active 50+ folks participate elsewhere in the Community, besides here. Groups in general tend to languish a bit, though there are exceptions.

Just some interaction
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    So quiet here

Yup.

Just some interaction

Start something!

I'll add that I met a friend who retired a week ago for our first outing. We did a short five mile hike up a gravel forest road to the top of a hill with a nice view of the valley. Next week we'll do an eight mile hike closer to his house that he likes. I think retirement will be good for him.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    So quiet here

Yup.

Just some interaction

I'm with @mtaratoot: Interaction happens when we start something.

I'm going to try to start a general chat thread in this group. Starting new threads mostly doesn't work, because people in the group don't get notified that there's a new thread unless they set a deeply buried preference setting to say they want those notifications. But even then they only get notified when that thread starts, not about updates on the thread unless they've replied or bookmarked the thread.

The general chat thread is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909281/general-chat-thread-please-participate/p1

Participate?