🎆🎉Weigh Ins - Week commencing Mon 1st January

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited January 8 in Social Groups

🎆HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎆

Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Goal: 200 lbs
    SW: 279
    LW: 256.2
    CW: 256.1

Hi everyone! I had a pretty successful week (though I definitely ate, drank, and was far too merry for New Years) and was able to keep up my at-home yoga practice for 3 days last week. This week, I'm aiming for 5 days, since I felt so much better and my back is already sore again after a few days of going without. I've already prepped up some soup and bacon tempeh for the week, so my meal prep is set up :) Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,184 Member
    Options
    GW: 144.7 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Jan 1, 2024
    Last: 249.6 lbs
    TW: 247.5 lbs
    Variance: -2.1 lbs

Yeah!!!! I think my last ten weigh-ins were gains. I had a hiccup with my exercise routine the last couple of weeks, but really things are good and in place. If the magic fairy godmother could magically log all my food each day....that would rock. Alas it's just me. Even though I haven't been logging, it is good, it is sitting there, and I'm going to keep it in the front of my mind until I can figure out how to get back at it. (apologies in advance.)

Welcome to 2024 everyone. I went through a lot of healing in 2023, and am looking forward to a good year. Best wishes for you too.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    BTW: I know four of us here do yoga, anyone else? When you post please disclose whether you have ever done downward-facing dog. 🐕
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    BTW: I know four of us here do yoga, anyone else? When you post please disclose whether you have ever done downward-facing dog. 🐕

I do yoga, but downward dog, was always a bit of a struggle, you can adapt it though.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW: 125kg (275.5lbs)
    GW: 100kg
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 124.0kg (273.3lbs)
    CW: 125.4kg (276.5lbs)
    Variance to last week: +1.0kg (+2.2lbs)

Hoping a good chunk of the weight is post-festive bloat
  • LenGray
    Options

I do! It's one of my favorite poses. Child pose, on the other hand...
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    GoalWeight: 174 lbs
    Weigh In Info - Jan 1, 2023
    LastWeek: 201.4
    ThisWeek: 200.4 lbs
    Variance: - 1.0 lbs

Well we have to start somewhere. Lots of cookies, meats, nuts, sugar, oils etc etc. I am actually okay with this start to the New Year and my actual re-start with the group!!!!

Chris and Tinkerbell et al. We are OFF to the races!!!!

Yes I do yoga with my wife and sometimes my daughter. I get assigned to the far side of the gym because of some grunting, growling, and Turrents style yelping. Downward Dog, Up Dog, Pidegeon pose.....when they call it "Gentle Yoga" it usually isn't??

My favorite pose I practice every night and sometimes during the day and I am EXPERT at !!!! I actuall was snoring a few weeks ago on a Saturday my daughters claims.... is Shivasana. Man I am good at that one!!

Thomas Lynch a.k.a. my 'cycling name' is Thunderbolt!!!! ha ha

2jkpjn9vl66y.jpg
  • Sandie2102
    Sandie2102 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SW: 227.8
    GW: 140 (ish)
    Last week: 175
    This week: 173.2

Roller coaster of a week or 2. Started going to an Osteopath so I know that there was some inflammation for a few days as he got things properly aligned (and it feels so much better to be able to move again). But overall, Xmas, NYE and at the beginning of the month a week's vacation in the Caribbean I will accept starting the year at my lowest in decades. Bought myself a walking treadmill (not willing to risk tackling the stupid icy conditions of Southern Ontario winters) so I'm getting used to that. Hell, I even jogged on it for a minute the other day and didn't die!!!
  • LenGray
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    Roller coaster of a week or 2. Started going to an Osteopath so I know that there was some inflammation for a few days as he got things properly aligned (and it feels so much better to be able to move again). But overall, Xmas, NYE and at the beginning of the month a week's vacation in the Caribbean I will accept starting the year at my lowest in decades. Bought myself a walking treadmill (not willing to risk tackling the stupid icy conditions of Southern Ontario winters) so I'm getting used to that. Hell, I even jogged on it for a minute the other day and didn't die!!!

Congratulations on all fronts! I'll also be treadmilling it up this winter. I have a gym at work, so I'll probably spend my breaks walking and listening to music or podcasts. Jogging is still a ways away for me though :)
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Sandie2102 wrote: »
    I will accept starting the year at my lowest in decades.

Talk about "burying the lead", in "lowest in decades"!!! That is party time, big time, congratulations.
  • tovaryn1
    tovaryn1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    GW: 175 lbs
    LW: 285 lbs
    Weigh In for Jan 5, 2023: 285 lbs

My cold is nearly gone! I am so happy! Thank you for your kind thoughts.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    January 5, 2024
    MW: 119-123
    CW: 123.6

I’ve been sick for weeks but I’m still in the game. Since I’m pretty much maintaining this weight without trying I might do 1 more month of weight loss so my super casual relaxed weight is closer to 119-120.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    I’ve been sick for weeks but I’m still in the game.
    Get well soon. There is a lot going around. I'm planning on a vacation next week, so I am on full I.C.U. germ lockdown so I hopefully won't get sick until I'm in the plane flying :)
This discussion has been closed.