January Join our Shrinking Squad

Options

Replies

• Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I never set any goals for this month. I want to continue to stay on track in losing some more weight but I will keep it moderate due to how im gonna be with hubby gone. I want to gently bring myself back into running so maybe 2-3miles a week or 1-2runs a week. I also need to go OUTSIDE and touch grass for my mental health as much as my physical need for vitamin D and fresh air. I have been playing my guitar 2-3 hours a week and I want to keep it up since i enjoy it so much. And I also have been telling myself to increase my milk supply for literally 2MONTHS now, its time to actually DO it. That means no skipping pumping sessions and not starving or dehydrating myself randomly.

Goals:
    *Weigh 152lbs (CW 154ish)
    *Run 10mi
    *Get outside every day for at least 30min of sunshine and fresh air
    *Play guitar 8hrs
    *Pump 5 times a day
    *Drink at least 56oz a day
    *Eat 3 high protein meals a day
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    I have to put those goals up on my fridge or something to motivate myself. And to remind myself of the numbers i need to be hitting.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    Well, I crashed and burned on Friday. There was a whole lot of stress before and during the event. I ended up having several drinks and felt queasy all day yesterday. I did not feel like eating much or drinking as much water as I was supposed to yesterday, but I did get my exercise done.

*Edited because I typed out a whole long thing that I realized was TMI.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Company is in town since Thursday. I’ll post again Monday. Fly by post for now to say hiii.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Kitri2020 wrote: »
    @SherryRueter @ScienceofTeaching I think having a day or two a week to not track and not hit the scale is just as important as physical rest days. Give your brain a break!

It probably is very helpful. Yesterday/SUnday not tracking was NOT a good idea as I went "hog wild"
    So back at it today. Tummy feels upset from all the carb-age. Drinking my lemon water and being mindful of staying active. Lunch time if Hungry, I will have my salad. That would be good fiber to get things moving.

Did Kickboxing this morning, not all out effort as my tummy wouldn't allow. But it does feel good to move around.
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yesterday turned out to be a good day. I had another sleepless night, thanks to my kid, but I decided to push through anyway. I went for a walk, even though it was a bit cold and had to time it between rains. I even went to the gym to run, even though I was feeling super tired by that time in the evening, and it would have been easy to talk myself out of it. I'm trying to make it a habit that I just do, regardless of how I feel. I'm kinda proud of myself for going yesterday.

Today I was back down to 134.0. While I'm happy it's not more, I've really been trying to get to 133 (even just 133.9) for a long time and it seems to always just be out of reach. Oh well, maybe in the next couple of days. I hope you all are doing well!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    over ate Sunday big time. To the point of being physically in pain.
    Spent today drinking lemon water and had 3cups of lettuces with skinny girl dressing for lunch. Just finished a 100cal protein drink. Planning on more veggies tonight. not sure if I will do any protein. Tummy is feeling better at least- feels like the last day of my period if I'm being honest.

I did do kickboxing. And I was super successful the whole time company was here (If I do not include Sunday 2pm - 8pm). I also want to say that I have been super successful today as well (albeit that I am not hungry and still have tummy trouble). Prayerful that tomorrow will feel better. Tonight's meal should taste good and be small as well.

Oh, Anyone hear of GHOST protein? They have a protein hotcocoa I bought on Sunday (powder mix). Not too bad.
  • SherryRueter
    edited January 8
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote:

*Edited because I typed out a whole long thing that I realized was TMI.
    @Cora0477
    *Same... I realize some of my ramblings don't need to be written out. I'm so sorry you had an episode as well. I hope today is going better for you.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    2 short videos from the BINGE CODE that I found helpful today:

Instantly reduce your binge cravings with this simple technique
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heTT4ppEn80

Video 2: Learn how to remove physical cravings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-000jhrb9Bs
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    @SherryRueter I have seen GHOST protein powders. They always have a million crazy flavors! Havnt tried any though.
  • SherryRueter
    Options

The cinnabon GHOST protein is my fave. All time of everything out there. A while back I found that I crave chocolate and sugar less when I just don't eat things that contain chocolate flavors.

Workout today, 60mins. Upperbody. Planning on core after work. Its going to start getting cold outside, so I have to re-think what happens at noon.... either mall walk or perhaps a little more time on a machine at the clubhouse gym.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Salad and tuna lunch
    Apple and Greek yogurt with cinnamon protein at breakfast

1p9ppg1vzd1z.jpeg
    imkw0bjxtfop.jpeg
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I finally had a woosh, and dropped from 134 to 132.5. I'm in shock! There is a part of me worried that it'll be back up tomorrow or the next couple of days, but for now, I am very happy.

I've always been inconsistent with tracking calories, but whenever I do, weight comes off. I don't know why I always end up stopping at some point. I'm trying to get to 125, so still a few more pounds. I'm sure I can do it IF I continue to count calories.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    SNS: 2 Workout: 16/84 Lower

I heard this from a trainer. It sounds like you weigh in daily.
    Look at your number from 10 days ago. Then look at your number from today. Use that instead of the highs/lows and fluctuations. Congrats on the whoosh though, those always gave me such a HIGH.

I haven't feel the need to know my number for a while. Instead, this morning I put on a pair of my jeans that I know aren't the "largest" number and...they fit pretty good. That's good enough for me for today.
    Food was 100% yesterday. I'll start a tracker up top on my post to help me stay focused on it.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 46y/o

1/01: 137.2
    1/03: 136.6
    1/10: 137.0

Water and diet have been on track this week. I missed my exercise on Monday for semi-valid reasons, but did get it in yesterday and today.

Knowing I’m going to report back here on my progress is helpful.
  • SherryRueter
    edited January 11
    Options

SNS: 3 Workout:17/84 Dig Deeper Total body.

I'm sure this workout is designed for 45min - it took me 56mins. so, that's pretty good! most of this series of workouts has been taking me 66-70+ each morning at 6am.

This one is a little sneaky, the first round its like, "I can do this, I think I can keep up today".

Then by round 3 the trainer throw in a Step up, step down, sumo squat and I'm using 12.5# weights in each hand. The trainer states, "8 Reps per leg.1-2-3 go"

and...by rep 6 I think, "okay, just 2 more...I got this."

We finish the 2 more and he goes...other side and only rests about 2seconds, to which I reply,
    "Hell no!" and pause the DVD to catch my breath.

348 calories later (aka apple watch) and I'm done working out. He kinda skipped shoulders but, I believe that's in tomorrows upper workout.

Right now i'm starving. My stomach is growling. I've set up on my phone to not eat until 9am. and to stop eating after 7pm. I've been really good about it. But this morning my mind goes.... "seriously, I could use food". I'm going to ignore that and sip on my water for a while. I won't die by being slightly hungry.

Another successful Nutrition day on meeting and not going over my calories, as noted in my first line of this post.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @Cora0477 The accountability is so KEY to making it a consistent habit. I think it builds the discipline to show up daily. Feel free to post multiple times a day - just for that reason....to be more accountable.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Things I have stopped since the last week of december:
    * Soda/Diet soda quit.
    * Artificial Sweetener packets (I have 1T in my morning coffee. That's it - working on changing this also
    * 4+ servings fruit/veg each day
    * More whole foods. Less Protein shakes/bars. Down to .5-1 shake and .5 protein bars/day. Eating protein that's real.
    * no cookies/cakes/holiday candy/ice cream

I have to write it some place. so here goes.
    I have no desire for the sweets. On Sunday I over ate and something clicked. Its clicked before but it hit differently. As of this posting, I have no desire to have those candy/cake/ sweets. I don't even want to have a protein oatmeal. Not that its not good, or tastey but, its not appealing to me. I would rather have an apple. a drizzle of peanut butter. I don't want to have the other crap because I know that it totally and completely destroyed me sunday. Its like the devil. and I'm just not willing to do that to myself. maybe sunday was my rock bottom. I'm hopeful that this is the new reality.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days, so checking back in. Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm doing okay with fitting foods into my calories and mostly staying either at my 1500 goal or at least within my exercise calories which MFP seems to overestimaye based on my watch. But at least that's some self control.

Husband and I have a date night scheduled for tomorrow, so we will be going out to eat before seeing one of our students in a play. I told him that we have to eat early enough to give me time to bring leftovers home so I can eat something tasty and still stay within my calories.

For exercise, I am sticking with the trend of doing something in my home gym every day. I never intended to be doing every single day, but once I started on 1-1, I got afraid that if I skipped a day I would stop altogether. I have lost a bit of motivation there, but I have been making myself do it anyway. Once it's a bit more of a habit, maybe I'll try backing off a bit.

Weight I am down 2.3 pounds since 1-1, so that's a good start. I have about 20 to lose, which seems like a lot,, so I'm trying to focus on small goals. 10% there!
  • WhiskeyInATeaCup176
    Options
    Just found this group today. I am doing Dig Deeper with BODi and it looks like others here are as well. I would love to have some accountability partners if you want to add me ☺️