Monthly Post for February 2024

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Here we are, already rolling in to February!!
ยซ1

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you are having a good day off today @KateNkognito and all is well with your hubby. Sending positive vibes.

Last day of the meeting! WHOOT! Because I am looking forward to having some time off and NOT having to get up at 5:45am! LOL

Things are going well here. Home stretch! Looking forward to seeing my Mom. :)

Have a good day and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 enjoy your time off with your mom! The best part is always shutting off the alarm. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Weight has really started going down again this week. Plateaus are so frustrating, but always great when you start to slide down again.
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a Friday wit a big 'ole capital F! Holy moly I am glad that this week is over! Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Two weeks from today and we get another day off @KateNkognito! LOL I am looking forward to it! Hang in there, we got this!

I left Miami on Thursday afternoon and drove up to West Palm Beach, FL and had a nice visit with my Mom! Took her out to dinner on Thursday and Friday nights and we got a bunch of stuff done. We went to the bank so she could add me to her checking account which is good, in case anything happens or she needs help. We also have a healthcare proxy and a power of attorney in place as well, so set there. I took her shopping and bought her some groceries and other stuff on Amazon and Walmart. I feel bad that they have raised her rent at her assisted living facility and she does not have a lot of money left over from SS for her car insurance and other bills. I am going to do all I can to help out. She is grateful. I said: "now the roles are reversed, you took care of me and now I take care of you." <3

Hope you had a good weekend! I got home on Saturday afternoon and the weather is finally a little nicer here. BF said it was cloudy and rainy all last week. Got all unpacked and put stuff away. Got the laundry all done and the grocery shopping and today is a work from home day and it is quiet. I am grateful. Need a little time to catch my breath before I head back in to the office Tuesday through Thursday. :)

Hope your Monday is a good one. I will see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I totally understand the role reversal. Glad you had time with your mom. Sounds like you both enjoyed it!
    I am home again today. I have been so stressed that my body told me to take a break. Actually, demanded I take a break. 15 months from now I am done teaching. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Enjoy the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks @KateNkognito I did have a nice time with Mom and I am happy about where we are in our Mom and Daughter relationship. There were times when I'd be visiting and she'd drive me nuts the whole time. Not this time. She was very low key. Been a tough year but a great visit.

What's going on with teaching? Are you planning to retire or just stop teaching after next year's classes are finished? I don't mean to pry. You know what is best for you. I hope all is okay. <3

Back in the office today and things are going well. They were on their best behavior while I was gone. :)

Hope you have a good day. Don't stress!! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad you are in a good place with your mom. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Teaching is a tough job and it is just getting tougher. My doctor told me, repeatedly, that if I don't find a lower stress job, I won't make it to 50. I am 45. I love teaching, but it is just not something I can keep doing. I am not sure what is next, but I will watch for where God leads me.
    Conferences the rest of the week. Fun times!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    First day of conferences down, two more to go! BUT I bought pie for my son's school fundraiser and forgot about it, so I came home to surprise pie! It was SO good!
    I hope everyone had a great day! Enjoy the rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

And, I forgot to check in yesterday BAH! Sorry about that.

Yesterday was a quiet day too, which was nice! Today is feeling similar. :) Lots of people working remotely which is fine by me! Traffic has been relatively easy the last two days even though I saw two people almost get in to an accident right in front of me! UGH.

I totally get it, @KateNkognito regarding the stress and teaching. I can imagine it is very tough. Sending unstressed positive vibes! You got this. Enjoy the conferences this week!

Today my colleague brought in cupcakes themed for the Super Bowl. So cute! Her team and her husband's team is the KC Chiefs. I am a NE Patriots fan so I honestly don't care who wins. LOL I am looking forward to our homemade nachos!

Not a whole lot else going on here that is exciting! Have a good day and see you soon! It is Friday Eve!! Woo hoo!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Hope all is well. :)

Working remotely today. Pretty quiet which is nice. It is one of those "waiting for people to get back to me, so I can do what I need to do" type of a day.

50 degrees F and sunny here! Nice to have some sunshine to look out the window to!

Booked a trip back down to FL to celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday in May. Looking forward to it!

Relaxing weekend on tap here with home made nachos planned for Super Bowl Sunday. :)

Have a great weekend and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I wrote a message on Friday, but it didn't take. ๐Ÿซค
    It is just a relaxing weekend. Thank goodness! I got a bunch of things done on Friday. Today I am making meatballs and snacks for the Super Bowl. Nothing really exciting. Ready for Spring break in a few weeks!
    I hope it was a lovely weekend! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Monday!

Hope your meatballs and snacks were lovely @KateNkognito! Our nachos were awesome! We have leftovers too, since they were pretty filling. :)

I was not rooting for either team since I am a Patriots fan, but it was a good game and I am happy for the Chiefs fans. I do feel bad for the 49ers because it was this close for them. Sigh... That is tough. Been there, done that. Now I can't wait for Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce to just go awayyyy! But, I digress. :D LOL

Snow is coming tonight into tomorrow and with what they say is a messy Tuesday AM commute! So won't be going in to the office in person tomorrow - DARN!!! Means I get to sleep in and wear comfy clothes - DARN!!! We are on the line of getting four to seven inches. Fingers crossed that everybody stays safe out there and the power company can keep up with any outages.

Not much else happening here. Had a relaxing weekend with stops at Aldi and BJ's.

Today is a quiet work from home day so far. I like to ease in to the week whenever possible!

Have a good day and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I am jealous of your snow day! I need a job like that. Are they hiring?! LOL (mostly) I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. However, I am originally from the Kansas City area, so I was sort of rooting for the Chiefs.
    Today was a typical Monday. Looking forward to in-service on Friday and next Monday off. I need some extra sleep.
    Have a great week! Stay warm and safe and healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

LOL @KateNkognito

Yes, I totally get what you mean as far as the commercials! They were good this year too. Seeing two with my boy Tom Brady was awesome! <3

Snowing here! Coming down pretty heavy. Four to eight inches expected but we shall see. LOTS of snow coming down since around 4:00am and all the schools around here are closed. Weeee! Hope you get a snow day soon too! :)

Working on some spreadsheets and enjoying the pretty view out my window. :)

Hope you have a good one!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well. It is official. My district is closing my school at the end of this year. Sometimes God just reaches down and moves things for you. I will polish up my resume and see where I land! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Kids were upset today, so we took it easy. I am glad it is a short week.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had a nice day! I love a pretty snow like that. โ„๏ธ
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito Normally I would say sorry to hear it, but it sounds like this feels like the right thing and you are good with it. Either way, I wish you well. I know you will land something awesome in no time, I just know it! Positive vibes!!!

Yes, the snow day was fun yesterday! I am thinking we got a good eight inches! Sure, it was a little slick this morning but nothing crazy. BF was a gem and cleared off the SUV and the walk way so I won't even need to wear boots when I get back home later tonight. <3

Happy Valentine's Day to you! Hope you have a good day filled with lots of love and yummy chocolate where it fits in with your WOE. ;) LOL

Busy here so I will run. Have a good day. Monday's a holiday - WHOOT! :smiley:
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    One more day with kids, one day of professional development that I kind of like, then a three day weekend!
    My darling husband has flowers for me last night when I got home. He's such a great guy!
    @Meghan509 it sounds like you got a good guy, too! ๐Ÿ˜Š And, yup! I am NOT sad about the closing. I was thinking about leaving at the end of next year, if I could make it through, but this just moves that up and makes it easier. I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!
    I haven't slept right in a long time. I am off to attempt to get a good night's sleep. If not, I already packed plenty of caffeine for tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜„
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Thursday! Hope your day is a good one! @KateNkognito hope today goes well and then you have a day to learn - I like it! Yes, sometimes we don't know it or expect it but things really do work out for the best. At least you have a light at the end of the tunnel and something to look forward to in the future. As they say, change is good!

So far so good here. Traffic was kind and even though it is cold out there I am grateful for heat, hot water and a roof over my head!

Today is my yearly review with my boss! Don't know why but they always make me feel a little nervous, even though I know I will be fine and everything has been going well! LOL

We had a nice Valentine's Day too! So cute that your hubby got you flowers! We are going to be celebrating this weekend. Our sixteen year dating anniversary was last week, the 8th so we usually have a dinner to celebrate both anniversary and Valentines! LOL

Hope you have a good Thursday! Almost time for a long weekend woo hoo! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope your review went well. You are awesome, so I am sure your boss had nothing but great things to say!
    Made it through the week. Tomorrow will be easy, plus I get to sleep in an extra hour and a half! Then three day weekend!
    If I miss checking in tomorrow, have a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Thanks @KateNkognito yes it went well! I am grateful to have a nice boss. Last year stuck (as you know) and she was soooo supportive. <3

Good, glad you get to sleep in a little more! I find that is one of the best things about working remotely - I get an hour and a half back too!

Three day weekend whoot!

No big plans here other than going to BF's parents house on Sunday for dinner. We have not seen them since Christmas Eve - jeez, where does the time go!!?? :(

Hope your Friday Professional Development Day goes well! Have a good one and see you soon! Have a great long weekend!!