WeightNoMore Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    I just had my first tortilla in months! Where have these been all of my life? (Maybe I live under a rock, but I’ve been avoiding the tortilla shelf at the grocery store for forever.) Not sure if they’re available outside the US? A single tortilla has 15grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, 70 calories, and 5 grams of net carbs. I can now add breakfast burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas to my diet with a bit less guilt.

1lhcbwqqge8m.jpeg
    96g879fyr1py.jpeg
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    I have been working so much lately, I feel I don't have time for anything else. I'm hoping to get enough staff that I will be able to get out the door at my regular time. Today I did sneak out on time. It was such a nice day. I came home and started raking the yard and uncovering some of the yard furniture.

I have been having a problem with my back and left leg. I was going to have a second shot last week but not for 850$. I was supposed to see the surgeon today but he canceled. Not having much luck. I am counting the days until I go on vacation though.
  • sydditt
    edited February 28
    Options
    @ljdanny Hooray for getting to leave early! Here in Colorado, I’m nowhere near uncovering my yard furniture. This morning it was 49 degrees and sunny, by 11am it was 34 degrees and snowing.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited February 28
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    @gillwellow - That’s absolutely fantastic news!! Good luck with the new gym!

@Zumba_Luvah - nice loss this week!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I’m glad you checked in! I was wondering how your aunt made out with her surgery. Congrats on the loss this week even with all that you had going on.

Welcome to our new members!!

I had yet another weekend away. I honestly don’t know when it will end. (Actually - probably mid July when my daughter’s tournament season ends.) If we aren’t away at a tournament, we’re 2 hours north overnight doing a double practice weekend, or skipping practice to fit in skiing and college visits.

It just gets super hard to track food, plus I spend weekends at her games or on a plane instead of out hiking. I’m really trying to make sure I walk on the treadmill at the hotels at least. And, I’m trying to focus much more on dialing in my food and exercise during the week.

I’m still lifting weights 3 times a week, but I added in mobility workouts on Tuesdays & Thursdays. I found a channel I really like on YouTube so I thought I’d share! So much better than yoga! (I hate yoga.) https://youtube.com/@julia.reppel?si=iWASZfUhRyER-znn

When you travel, is it possible to stop at a grocery and pick up some shelf stableish foods--a lot of hotels have mini fridges, you could have a little more control over what is available? When I travel, that's what I do. On car trips, I pack a cooler with sandwiches and chopped veg and fruit and I take fruits and room temp snacks (crackers, chips, trail mix--not all healthy) proportioned to avoid the mindless munch. When I fly, I take enough fruit and veg for tge whole trip in clear baggies or clear plastic containers (no glass!) and TSA doesn't fuss.

That much travel sounds exhausting.

Welcome to our newbies! It's Wedsday, folks, so this is last call for steps posts (I haven counted how many are up, so you may be way ahead of me).

@Zumba_Luvah, @sydditt's post reminded me that I wanted to ask how you are doing. You've been super quiet for a while. Are things going well?

I think the weather talk has jinxed us. We were having lovely warm ish days...two days ago it was 80F!! And this morning there is snow. But that is Kansas for you. Don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes , it can get worse.
  • Melobee62
    Melobee62 Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 28
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this, or wait until next month, but it's Wednesday and that's the day I weigh in. :#

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.5
    CW (Current Weight): 168.4

@sydditt : I've seen those tortillas on the shelves, but I never knew about the high fiber part. I'll have to try them out! I usually go for the Extreme Wellness Hi Fiber Wraps, but the tortillas look a bit more substantial.

@ljdanny : I hope your leg and back get better soon. Ugh, the cost of your shots is high!
  • sydditt
    Options

When you travel, is it possible to stop at a grocery and pick up some shelf stableish foods--a lot of hotels have mini fridges, you could have a little more control over what is available? When I travel, that's what I do. On car trips, I pack a cooler with sandwiches and chopped veg and fruit and I take fruits and room temp snacks (crackers, chips, trail mix--not all healthy) proportioned to avoid the mindless munch. When I fly, I take enough fruit and veg for tge whole trip in clear baggies or clear plastic containers (no glass!) and TSA doesn't fuss.

You’re absolutely right. I really should pack more food. I usually pack enough of my powder supplements (protein, collagen, fiber & creatine) to get through a single day, but I could absolutely come up with a better travel system for those. (Maybe baby formula travel containers?) I could also bring along my normal fiber cereal, It’s usually the situations where I’m at dinner with the parents or at a cocktail bar that throw me off. If I’ve made really solid choices all day long, though, I should be ok in the evening. It’s just that tracking it all accurately becomes an issue.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    @sydditt
    I’m still lifting weights 3 times a week, but I added in mobility workouts on Tuesdays & Thursdays. I found a channel I really like on YouTube so I thought I’d share! So much better than yoga! (I hate yoga.) https://youtube.com/@julia.reppel?si=iWASZfUhRyER-znn

Thanks for sharing the youtube channel for mobility stretching.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Weigh in day Wednesday
    PW 207.6
    CW 206.9

We'll see if I can keep it up next week. My husband is going on a business trip all next week. Which means that I'll be toting my kids with me trying to get my activity in. Yesterday, was rough. I let my 3 year old walk some. My 1.25 miles took 26 minutes :(
  • sydditt
    Options
    @Laurabb99 If it gets to be too much, you could try one of the Get Fit with Rick videos. https://youtube.com/@RickBhullarFitness?si=V7Ym1K1nplw_zLkZ Easy, low key, and he advertises how many steps you’ll get by the end. A walk outside is always better, though, if you can make it work.
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday
    (Thursday this week as I am travelling tonight and will be staying in a hotel for my daughter's competition the next couple of days, I hope that's ok)
    Previous weight 188.5 lbs (85.5kg)
    Current weight 186.9 lbs (84.8kg)

@sydditt I completely relate with that, when I take my daughter to competition meal times are all over the place, there is team meals with other parents and even trying to choosing healthier options it is difficult to track accurately. Luckily for me, there is only 3 competitions/year for my daughter.

@Melobee62 welcome to the team

@Laurabb99 it might not be an activity you can track but running around small children, lifting them, playing with them, doing every day things like bedtime and meal time with them, you are very active and moving a lot. If they are old enough you could try doing a cosmic kid yoga video with them. Cosmic kid is yoga moves based on a fairytale/Disney/Pokémon ... story and it quite nice for children
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 258.0
    CW: 258.0

Well at least I did not gain. Been a rough week as I have been sick with a head cold. I hope to be back at it next week. Go Team!
  • sydditt
    edited February 29
    Options
    @Emilienewme Good luck to your daughter! Make good choices! 😂
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,077 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 187.6
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday

Current weight: 79.4kgs
    Happy with this…for now :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    The March team chat is open! Please continue to report weigh-ins and exercise stats here through the end of Saturday. Go to the new month to introduce yourselves, set goals and commitments, and to go green for March! F2F March begins on Sunday :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910600/weightnomore-team-chat-march-2024/p1?new=1
  • sydditt
    edited March 1
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 179.8
    Feb 9: 178.8
    Feb 16: 177.5
    Feb 23: 176.1
    Mar 1: 174.3

GW (Feb) 175
    Start weight 196
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

Fri - Thu

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Fri - Thu)
    😢😢💛💚💙💜🖤 (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤 (Planned Exercise)
    😢🧡💛😢💙😢🖤 (Steps 5k+)

Over the course of the week, my daily average calories were 1729 and my goal was to stay just under 1800. According to my smart scale I lost 1.5lbs of muscle this month even with 3 days of weightlifting per week and eating 100+ grams of protein a day. Having more muscle increases your metabolic rate so that’s a bummer.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 214
    CW (Current Weight): 211.4
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 179.8
    Feb 9: 178.8
    Feb 16: 177.5
    Feb 23: 176.1
    Mar 1: 174.3

GW (Feb) 175
    Start weight 196
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

Fri - Thu

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Fri - Thu)
    😢😢💛💚💙💜🖤 (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤 (Planned Exercise)
    😢🧡💛😢💙😢🖤 (Steps 5k+)

Over the course of the week, my daily average calories were 1729 and my goal was to stay just under 1800. According to my smart scale I lost 1.5lbs of muscle this month even with 3 days of weightlifting per week and eating 100+ grams of protein a day. Having more muscle increases your metabolic rate so that’s a bummer.

@sydditt nice weight loss for the month of February! Way to go! 👏🏻👏🏻

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 706 Member
    edited March 2
    Options
    andja87 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 214
    CW (Current Weight): 211.4

Wow! Great one week weight loss @andja87!! Keep it going!! 👏🏻👏🏻
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    This week I have totally fallen off the wagon and I'm going to excuse myself from weighin. Tomorrow I have a plan, new month, new habits, new ...eh something.

I will post my steps later.
This discussion has been closed.