"I work out!"

Options

Replies

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yall are AWESOME! Glad to see I'm not the only fitness junkie here.

I wanted to do an AM workout but had to get to wrok early today and couldn't risk being late. So I did some modified V-ups [ I have kidney stones right now and V ups KILL my back with pain] in bed before getting up and 50 squats.

I'll get my real workout in later today... :-D
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    So my PA routine can be pretty varied. Official workouts are generally in the pool, some weights (which I plan to incorporate more and more) and I've tried a few times to get back in to jogging with starting up C25K but I've never much enjoyed running so that one is a bit challenging.

Plenty of unofficial PA opportunities around here everywhere, however, doing general chores around our property: swinging a chainsaw around falling/cutting the (sadly) many dead trees that have croaked during this drought, clearing brush, throwin' hay, etc. Not to mention trying to keep up with my 5 and 9 year old boys.

OK, let's keep this moving in the right direction y'all.

Oh, and regarding:

Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle... You guys do know the song right?

Perhaps this version of the track should be considered for the official theme song our little challenge group...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWgO9-AIROI

hqdefault.jpg
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Terrific Thursday is my rest day! But I will be walking my dog tonight for at least a mile. Tomorrow is day 5 of the squat challenge and a HIIT core workout I found on Pinterest and of course running.

Hi All! So happy to be here and see others are doing the squat challenge!
  • Fujigala
    Fujigala Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have two little boys and a house to take care of. I don't work out on top of that. I truly believe that weight loss starts in the kitchen. Maybe I'll start working out at a later point but for right now my focus is solely on diet.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Today is Upper Body!! w00t!!

So, come gym time:
    20 minutes HIIT on the tread ( 3min @ 4.0 mph, 3 min@ 7.0mph, 1.5 min@ 4.0mph, 1.5@ 8.0mph, 1.5@ 4.0mph, 1@8.5mph, 1@ 4.0mph, 1@ 9.0mph, 1@4.0mph, 1@9.0mph and work back down)
    LIFT!!
    Bench 140# 5x5
    Overhead press 65# 5x5
    Bent Over Row 95# 5x5
    Assisted Pullup 3x10
    Incline Barbell fly 2x35# 3x10
    Dips 3x10
    Skull Crushers 40# 3x12

CORE!
    Planks 3x 60 seconds
    Drunk Superman- 3x45 sec each side
    Bridges- 3 x 60sec

BURN OUT
    Burpees 40
    Mountain Climbers 100

Scream like a muthaf@cking warrior.
  • sseed12
    Options
    wow and lol msbanana..way to go!

did 60 minutes 'body pump' class at gym...cardio for tomorrow. Can't imagine doing 40 burpees, am happy just getting one done right now.

have a good evening everyone
  • calmlywilde
    calmlywilde Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred, L1D4 today :) There must be a whole bunch of fear leaving my body cos it burns so bad..!

Great work everyone - keep it up!
  • dreadedone13
    Options
    Gurlllll! 70 squats??? You rock. LOL. I can do maybe 20. You inspire me to do 70 squats during this winter challenge!
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    Ok... So i thought i would post what i have done this week.... i think i have been kinda slack this week as well but with what i have done i'm extremely sore today LOL (also its friday for me)

Tuesday I had personal training session:
    Bench press 10kg- 12 x3
    Squats (using squat rack thing)20ish-kg 12 x3
    Chin ups 12x2
    Plank x4 roughly 50seconds each time
    Clean and press 12kg 12x2
    Plus I was a little early and he was still with someone so i jumped on the tredmill and did a 7min jog while I waited.

Wednesday I had the day off and was just running around cleaning the house and stuff because my boyfriend was flying home after being away for a week... so didn't really workout.

Thursday (last night) - I was very temped not to go to boxing because I was very sore from tuesday PT session... BUT I got angry at myself for thinking that and pushed myself to go.
    Squats with a 5kg weight going right to the ground then back up, raising arms above the head and doing a tricep thing by dropping the weight behind our head then back up.... did that 55 times with push ups in between... (10 squats, 8 push ups, 9 squats 10 push up, 8 squats 12 push up etc etc)
    that was the hardest part of the boxing last night.
    one hour class.

I have tonight off....
    Tomorrow and sunday I have yoga.
  • tryagain1965
    Options
    That's amazing...I did treadmill, 167 calories..hey, I'm slow:)
  • beckademic
    beckademic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    today was sand volleyball with co-workers right after work day...no gym ~ 281 cals
  • SHRINKINGG1
    SHRINKINGG1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of Taekwondo. 721 cals and a soaked uniform. I will be sore tomorrow.
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Today wasn't the bes tday for me... Seems like stress was coming from every corner. Ended up doing some yardwork (cut grass, planted flower, mulch etc) and went for a slow STRESS WALK with my pup after that. Burned 1143 calories today.

I'm happy about that! I'm proud that I used exercise to relieve stress instead of food BUT I was so stressed today that I forgot to eat. I ate brunch (a bacon crossainwich sadly... But NO hash browns- I get credit for that !! LOL) and at 11 pm I realized I hadn't eaten so I ate 1/4 a serving of some left over calorie rich shrimp ad grits string beans , and carrots.. It was YUMMY. So while the choices and timing weren't the best... I'm sure I'll get it together tomorrow and eat some extra fruit/veggies

And in the end... today is a WIN in my opinion.

Night Night yall!
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Ps... I'm SO proud of you all! Keep up the GREAT work. WE ROCK! And when our motivation wanes... someone will be here to help encourage us!
  • miller930
    miller930 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    616 calories burned in 1 hour on elliptical and circuit training! I didn't feel like working out tonight, but I'm glad I did! I love those happy little endorphins that get you high! :drinker:
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ive done an hour in the gym this morning and am doing the same later when my daughter is home from school. She wont go on her own so im going again with her! Have a party tomorrow night so will have some extra calories banked ready for the alcohol....
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Awesome workout this morning to make up for my slacking yesterday, lol. Squat Challenge, 7 different squat exercises, 3x5 each, 6 different arm exercises, 2x10, 25 min run. 474 calories burned! Great way to start my Friday!

Happy Friday All! Anyone up for a weekend challenge?? Maybe a long run, or bike ride or roller blading?? Maybe an ab workout?
    This is when I start slacking.
  • ocassin
    ocassin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Quietish day today, just walked to work, took 50 minutes, burned 490 cals, I tend to take it a little more leisurely at the weekend, just walking etc and leave the workouts for during the week.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    "Girl look at that body...!"
    Cause you know I have to keep the song going :D
    Today I did my daily Hip Hop Abs. When I get home from work (11pm) I'll do my leg lifts (100 each side) and my nightly cruches (200). Doin for the bikini, BI-KI-NIIIIII!!

Hey! Interested in hearing about hip hop abs - sounds like fun :)
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    Options
    Awesome workout this morning to make up for my slacking yesterday, lol. Squat Challenge, 7 different squat exercises, 3x5 each, 6 different arm exercises, 2x10, 25 min run. 474 calories burned! Great way to start my Friday!

Happy Friday All! Anyone up for a weekend challenge?? Maybe a long run, or bike ride or roller blading?? Maybe an ab workout?
    This is when I start slacking.

Great burn this morning!! You rock!!

I'm definitely up for a weekend challenge - this is when I slack as well. What are you thinking?