Does anyone still use this group?

Options
I'm always looking for new friends to add on MFP who "get it" with the whole chronic illness thing! I am a daily user, working on fitness and strength training while dealing with Lupus. Female in my 30s. Please do feel free to add me as a friend if you post regularly and are supportive and kind!

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I had a bit of a break for a while. But I’m back.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I’m still at it. Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Still here.
    The group hasn’t quite achieved mass momentum yet. Working on that.

The more people who know we’re here, the better.
  • Zebra_Aitch
    Zebra_Aitch Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi , just joined group but having difficulties with the Fitness pal website ! Can’t send out friend requests so PLEASE send me a friend request if you would like ! I currently weigh 17.5 stone and have really Struggled with various health conditions for a number of years, Including Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, this affects my joints and organs, my joints dislocate and are damaged because of this , I find exercising or even walking / movement exhausting and painful , and since my back surgery 10 years ago My mobility has decreased massively, I also have underactive thyroid and chronic fatigue.
    Having said that, I still remain hopeful that I can improve my situation. I really enjoy mindfulness and self compassion ( very different from self pity !) and have a much better mindset nowadays! I take every day ( and sometimes every moment) as it comes , would love to be in a small group of people who log and post regularly to share our experiences along the way !
  • hallen250
    hallen250 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have just joined this group. New here, trying to figure out how all this works lol. But I think I figured out friends requests and sent one to both of you
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    hallen250 wrote: »
    Hello, I have just joined this group. New here, trying to figure out how all this works lol. But I think I figured out friends requests and sent one to both of you

Welcome! Great to have you here in the group. Anything disability related is our focus.

Start a new conversation, or whatever you like. This is our space for support.

6ugiab945nm4.jpeg

• MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Still here.

If you see this, consider asking folks to join us if you happen to see people on the forums talking about how hard it is to manage diet, exercise, weight loss, and disability.