WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
edited March 31 in Social Groups
p0ktnwmdxo2t.png
Here is your Team chat room for March 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - open
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The March challenge runs for four weeks, from March 3 - 30.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce yourselves right away, and let the March begin!

Replies

• jugar
    edited March 1
    Options
    Welcome to March 2024!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @ashleycarole86. I live in rural Québec, and I'm a retired university professor of music. It was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise. As of October, I hit 11 years on maintenance, always refining and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and some who might be working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is much wisdom here, and the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, and sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a huge difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time (but don't sweat it if you have to use a different day sometimes)! Put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, you can request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can be moved to the "Support Team" where you still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed.

The F2F Habit Tracker
    If you want a simple place to track your most important habits, give this a try. You can see how your teammates are doing too :wink: The link and how-to info are under "Announcements" on the main F2F page, or click here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18CYG_OPEkt1IsLdmMEpS-qpVdUHvYYEOyiqbndxrVoo/edit?usp=sharing

So everyone, tell us a bit about you, your goals, what steps you are going to work on. It's fun to know your name and where you live (if you're willing to share that), what brought you here, how your weight loss journey has been, and where you are headed now. We're going to work hard together and enjoy ourselves :smiley:
  • jugar
    edited March 2
    Options
    Some specials happening in March

Go Green Go!

This month all of the five teams on Fat2Fit are going to try to have as many "green" weigh-ins as possible. When you lose even a tiny bit, you are in the green! We're aiming for over 50% of the team members to get there every week. Most months, Week 1 is great. Everyone is inspired and 50% green is a piece of cake fruit. The middle of the month tends to slump a little, and the final week often rallies. We're going to try to break that trend! Stick to decisions, enjoy the great feelings, and, well, be green! :mrgreen:

75 easy/medium/hard
    A few WaistAways are going to start 75 days of sticking to things. We're each defining our own version of the program - diet, exercise, water, no alcohol, reading, and sharing (photos or otherwise!). We're not going to re-start the count if someone has a slip or an off day, but we're aiming to stick with this until May 14th.

Off we go!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Happy March!

My name is Lauren, I am 37 years old and live in NC. I have been trying to lose weight basically my whole adult life. I have done weight watchers, tried some medications, but was usually works is good ole calorie counting and exercise. Now if only I can stay consistent.

I think that's what I'm looking for with this 75 day challenge. Proving to myself I can do something if I put my mind to it and that I am strong, mentally and physically. 75 days will pass no matter what. Just like others, I am going to add 1 more thing to the list: not be on my phone in bed. I was doing really well for a while and getting plenty of sleep at night. However, the last few months, I have gotten out of habit and have now been going to bed later and later. If I have to get up and do an exercise outside before work, I need to make sure I go to bed early.

@ashleycarole86 I would like to increase my step goal to 10,000 this month. If I'm doing 2 - 45 minute workouts per day, I'm sure that will be easy. May have to adjust depending on numbers.

I hope everyone has a great month!
  • ChelleChelle1031
    ChelleChelle1031 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi 👋

I’m Michelle, most everyone calls me Chelle. I’m in Conway, Arkansas. My hubby and I have been married for 10 yrs. We have two daughters from his 1st marriage. They are both grown and out on their own.

I’ve been with the same company for 21 years. I’m currently a Relationship Manager.

My goals are to make 2024 the year of me: physically, mentally, spiritually. I also have a goal to get 10k steps every day this year. So far.. meeting all goals.

(02/03) I met a mini goal. I now weigh the same as my hubby, down to the .4 of it. My goal for February is to try to weigh at least 5 lbs less than him. He is dieting/exercising to, so it will be a challenge.

(03/01) I’m starting my version of the 75 Hard/Soft

✅ Activity - 90 Mins of Exercise & 10k+ steps a day (inside/outside/combo of both)
    ✅ Reading - 10 Pages of Reading - I’m going to continue with my Bible and commit to 10 minutes each day.
    ✅ Water - my goal will be 80 oz (includes coffee, herbal tea, unsweet tea, flavored or sparkling water)
    ✅ Diet - Low Carb, at or under my calorie goal 1350
    ✅ Pictures - I will do this daily plus will still do MeThreeSixty each week.
    ✅ Avoid - No Alcohol or Cheat Meals
    ✅ Personal Addition - No spending money outside of household/family needs. This means the cute shirt stays on the rack.

❤️🦋
  • jugar
    Options
    I have put the 75 day challenge up for anyone in any team - so if you want to post your daily reports there, go for it! Starts tomorrow :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910763/75-hard-medium-easy-challenge-march-3-may-17/p1?new=1

If you would rather just report here, that is OK too. Whatever works for you and keeps you accountable and encouraged.
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    PW: 144.8
    CW: 144.8

Sun- 8223
    Mon: 11964
    Tue- 12276
    Wed - 8599
    Thur - 14591
    Fri - 7724
    Sat - 6336
  • jugar
    Options
    Get ready for Sunday weigh-ins! Start off the new month:
    @YinxFed
    @Zumbaforever
    @lindamartin27

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ChelleChelle1031 Just so you don't worry - I moved your entry in the habit tracker to our team tab. It was in with the Downsizers :smiley:
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi all and happy March! I'm Kay, 29, living in Boston, working in finance downtown. Struggled with emotional eating, restrict/binge cycles, and generally poor nutrition choices since college, dieted on and off for almost a decade now. Found this group in Aug 2020, took some breaks here and there (always a regret! this group rocks). Been in a pretty good groove so far this year but work got really stressful the last 2 weeks and I think I saw the obvious effects of higher cortisol and lower sleep in my end of Feb weigh-ins.

Work should hopefully calm down starting this week so I am really going to focus on protein and sleep.

I have quite the list of chores, errands, and tasks for tomorrow so I hope I wake up with good energy.
  • jugar
    Options
    And we're off! March now has permission to begin from the powers that be here on F2F!

I read a fabulous article about restrictions vs kindness and flexibility in eating this morning - it had a ton of links, so I'll go through there and post about it after I do the tallies for February. Excellent low-calorie food for thought!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Your March Week 1 Group Challenge is active and will run through Saturday, March 9th. Please join us for the ADD, SUBTRACT, MULTIPLY and DIVIDE CHALLENGE! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10910818/march-week-1-group-challenge-add-subtract-multiply-and-divide-challenge#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week! Time to start some new habits!
    Jessica :blush:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in -
    PW - 186.3
    CW - 186.6

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sunday 25th February - 1521
    Monday 26th - 2863 / 40mins Heather Robertson 12 Week 4.0 - Day 22 - Lower Body Strength
    Tuesday 27th - 5038
    Wednesday 28th - 6576
    Thursday 29th - 2785 / 40mins HR12W4.0 Day 23 - HIIT Cardio
    Friday 1st March - 2077 / 38mins HR12W4.0 Day 24 - Total Body Metcon
    Saturday 2nd - 1229

And I would love to join you all on my version of #75 Medium.

I've had an awful back for the last few days, so I'm really hoping that the pain recedes by tomorrow morning. I'll start then. And like so many of you - I shall take a picture at the beginning of the challenge and then at the end. Thank you for telling us about this challenge, @ChelleChelle1031 .

@MaddawgMadsen - I am so glad that your mother has been discharged from hospital. And congratulations on finalising things with your new house.

@lauren_989 your C25K progress is very impressive.

@micki48 I bet the flower show was wonderful! Did you take any photos?

TTFN
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

najy10w2a5ui.png
    udzkppqz1wal.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    oz1u2q99z3fr.png

By Pounds
    pay5bq2zxrr3.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mrd54f1693ow.png

By Pounds
    3o8w2bissico.png
    s4bkab4r7446.png

Team Winners
    0obkkck7egov.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    rm9tn3o8ryjk.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    fft8k8ip7ll9.png
    zcw0os0y0yhr.png
    wxi64lzg5cdg.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    567zghjr3bsq.png

By Pounds
    2o3odypkm0hq.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zfsny1gal8bo.png

By Pounds
    lcxgky9e5s90.png
    iktyj9grneo1.png

Team Winners
    fbenvza5s89w.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Well that day sure went by fast! I was able to stick with all my plans - and I am looking forward to a great night's sleep. I find that cutting sugar has made a big difference with sleep. Feels good!

Here is the list of weigh-ins for Sunday-Monday:
    @Zumbaforever
    @lindamartin27
    @CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @StayFITTer
    @adrimango

Thanks! Let's work on green!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I had an extremely busy Sunday but I got a lot done including a 40 min bike ride and well over my step goal (neither of which are great for my foot but so it goes). Have a bit of a headache tonight and so ready for bed - and ready for the new week! Determined to have a better one than last - work-wise, health-wise, energy-wise.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,852 Member
    Options
    PW 149
    CW 149.2

• Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Happy March !
    I had a good weekend, exercised on sat, then went out for Mexican, and had a couple of beers. I was a little disappointed in the food though, I was so looking forward to it, but it did not live up to my expectations... I regret drinking the beer, cause even though I only had 3 over 4 hours, I still ate like I was hungover the next day, and that really bothered me...

Sunday we got up and did a nice hike, and I wore my new Hoka Trail Code hikers, I LOVE Them, I was jumping in puddles, walking straight through the mud, so I got them nice and dirty, they performed really well, and no real foot pain, I did have a little pull on my Achilles, but it went away, so I'm thinking it might have more to do with getting used to the higher ankles.

As mentioned before, I did not do well with food on Sunday, so I'm just going to leave that day there, and focus on today!

Hope you all have a great day!

@ChelleChelle1031 Way to go! Awesome February, you are killing it :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.