@strong_fit_ells
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

Thanks!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,869 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar I am dropping out for now. I have not been as active on here as you deserve. I am working out and eating well. Just to busy with remodeling, and work. This is a wonderful team.

I can put you on the support team if you like - you can still drop by to post from time to time, but you do not need to weigh in. Come back whenever you like! Good luck with all the remodelling and keep up the great habits :smiley:

I would like that. I started another FitOn challenge tonight. I like their challenges. Just when I am getting tired of one it is done and I can choose something new and different

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, Sylvia here, 55, in Massachusetts USA. I slipped up a lot for the past month - all the bad stuff and I sought it out. :s Looking back at my last month intro "still fighting the battle - to form good habits, keep them, eat better and feel fit" - I'm rejoining the battle (again). "After several super busy years of parent caregiving, I have the time and focus now to work on this" - true but distractions abound, and still stress lingers (where and to what do I eventually want to move to). "Trying to return to my early success with F2F and starting out the same way, solely focused on the intake; weighing and logging...the exercise will have to come later, I am just not feeling it" - incorporating exercise must begin - I feel like a weakling - gardening season approaching fast and I need some core and muscle strength.
    Taking some actions: deleting the stupid solitaire game on the computer (was never one to spend time on games like that and find it's just a stalling technique), did my first 5 min youtube morning stretch this morning (it was too short but a start), going to set up some weekly walking 'dates' with friends, and back on the no alcohol. I'm booked for a trip to Scotland in June with my adult nephew - I can use that as my goal time although it's really just mostly wanting to feel good in my clothes/body NOW. I got an elliptical in the house and have barely used it - was going to give it away but will give it another go.
    @Gidgitgoescrzy you've been doing great and are an inspiration - you'll be in great shape for your big trip.
    @micki48 love the flower show photos - uplifting and thinking of the summer garden. Got my cucumber and tomato seeds recently - my two favorite eat healthy summer veg.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak

Scotland.. how lovely. That will be here in the blink of an eye. I love how you reassessed your intro. Finding the reasons why exercise is needed is a good strategy. The gardening tasks will thank you!

I had a dinner out last night with an old colleague from a neighboring province I haven't seen in years. I had two giant beers when I could have had one. Luckily I ate light going into the meal but I don't always have to reach for excess..why two when one will do? Something I need to keep figuring out.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    I find myself hitting the Hug heart thingy today - you all are giving me the feels! @eggfreak sometimes I think we are twins. Solitaire as a way to do nothing while keeping stupidly occupied. Questioning the next. Hitting pause instead of doing the things, or even deciding what the things are. Yep - but I have quite a few years on you and some of those things needs re-framing, maybe. And @ashleycarole86 the second (third!) beer. Yep. The first one buys you the second one. Been there... And @micki48 you got on the mat! You are here :heart: All of you - what a team! But some thoughts --

It isn't really a battle. Don't rejoin the battle. It is taking care, reassuring that Unconscious Character that making a new choice is going to get it what it wants better than the old one, and that it's going to be OK. That UC is going to tantrum and beg, for sure, or try to bolt, or wheedle and whine, but hitting it over the head doesn't work for long. Make a decision. Stick with it, but don't worry about the slips and lessons. Sit with the UC and help it understand that it wants the right things (calm, accomplishment, pleasure, fullness), but that there are better tools, and that it should not worry. It's going to be OK. Ask why a lot. When you don't stick with the decision, look at why and make a plan to try the next time.

That all sounds like treacle and preaching, but it is helping me most days. I have successfully (finally!) stopped all alcohol and most sugar and flour. I feel a lot better and I'm getting more important stuff done. Sure I still succumb to solitaire and stalling, but it isn't as much, and it isn't alcohol and ice cream.

Keep heading for those goals - Scotland! Ireland! Clothes that fit and feel great! Abs. We're all in school here, forever.
  • jugar
    Options
    BTW - Vanilla???? Where'd this all come from?
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    @micki48 awsome work - keep us posted how your birds end up looking?

@Gidgitgoescrzy amazing loss

@eggfreak it's in the small steps and there no better motivation than a trip in the summer

@jugar thanks for the post. Makes me look at my struggles differently and learning will be life long. You inspire me to keep going. Amazing work on the 75 - you are killing it.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I am re-reading atomic habits and it is still as good as the first time. This chapter talked about why you want to change. There is an outcome (goal like weight loss), process (diet), and our belief. He states most people develop a goal, and then come up with a plan, but leave out your belief. It should come from the other way around. I believe I am a healthy person, so I make choices to support this which leads me to lose weight. I am a fit person which leads me to exercise regularly, which allows me to tone up.

I need to pay attention to this more. I have some negative beliefs about myself, so if I don't think I'm a healthy person, this may be why I eat food in the break room. Or I believe I am weak, or have no willpower.

Just some thoughts I am pondering.

@eggfreak Scotland sounds like an amazing trip! It sounds like you've developed an exercise plan!

@Gidgitgoescrzy you are doing awesome! So close to a new decade!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Vicki is going on her big hike, Sylvia to Scotland - I need to book a vacation/trip too! Was just going over my PTO for the year today and I definitely have the hours to take a week off somewhere. Possibly with my sisters.

Another solid day for me. I made one of my protein chocolate milk drinks to take on my after-work walk. Caught a great sunset at a little park on a hill I used to jog at. More quiche for dinner. I have to check in for my flight on Friday bright and early tomorrow (flying Southwest for the first time, wish me luck!!), so I have to turn in shortly.

@jugar glad to hear an endorsement for Tana French!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @lauren_989 Thanks for opening up the beliefs question and how powerful those are. Some of the most intriguing are the beliefs that get us into that break room eating the things we decided not to. We believe that eating them will provide pleasure, or relief, or some kind of self-care. It is as important to undo those beliefs as to strengthen the positive ones.

Take a good look at those false beliefs, and follow them through. Does the food really give you pleasure? Or does it lead to regret and poor health? Does it provide relief from stress or anxiety? For a minute, maybe. Then it's back to regret and poor health. Building the new pathways takes both kinds of work - questioning the reasons (beliefs) why we do the behaviour we want to change in the first place, and building the new beliefs and pathways that will really do the job. Great stuff! Keep on reading and questioning :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
  • ChelleChelle1031
    ChelleChelle1031 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ozo611ygmxo7.jpeg

Hello Beautiful People!

I’ve been MIA for a bit. My hubby and I got sick, head and chest thing. This lead to us not going to the gym. One, the breathing was hard but two, I’m not about spreading cooties 🦠.

No gym, I spiraled into depression, which led to some bad food choices and a few lbs gained, which led to more depression.

We went to the gym this morning, it was hard after not doing it for about two weeks, but I kicked butt and feel good. I can literally feel the mindset shift.

Anyway, mental health is important. It’s okay to not be okay sometimes, as long as it doesn’t win.

I’m not gonna let it win!

❤️🦋
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 242.4
    CW 243.4

After my weigh-in on Saturday my weight came up into the 243s and I've been in that range ever since. I'm needing to move towards my goal of weighing less at the end of the year than the start. Looking for a good week ahead.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Last Thursday weigh in 166.1
    Today's weigh in 165.7

Thank you all for the encouragement and tips to turn my thinking around. <3
    did a 10 minute office worker stretch video this morning - 2 mornings in a row...working on that habit forming!
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Last Thursday weigh in 166.1
    Today's weigh in 165.7

Thank you all for the encouragement and tips to turn my thinking around. <3
    did a 10 minute office worker stretch video this morning - 2 mornings in a row...working on that habit forming!

Are you sure there is not a typo? I have last weigh-in (2 weeks ago) as 175.1 :grey_question:
  • jugar
    Options
    ozo611ygmxo7.jpeg
    Hello Beautiful People!

I’ve been MIA for a bit. My hubby and I got sick, head and chest thing. This lead to us not going to the gym. One, the breathing was hard but two, I’m not about spreading cooties 🦠.

No gym, I spiraled into depression, which led to some bad food choices and a few lbs gained, which led to more depression.

We went to the gym this morning, it was hard after not doing it for about two weeks, but I kicked butt and feel good. I can literally feel the mindset shift.

Anyway, mental health is important. It’s okay to not be okay sometimes, as long as it doesn’t win.

❤️🦋
    It's so good to see your encouraging and thought-provoking post this morning! I have missed you, and I'm sure I am not alone in that. It is amazing how lack of exercise (even without bad food choices) can lead quite quickly to feelings of depression. You are pushing back, and that is great. Even when it is hard!

Many hugs flying your way :heart:
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Hello Beautiful People!

❤️🦋

I relate to all of this. The sickness between both my husband and myself. The not exercising. Leading to poor choices and depression. That has been where I have been the last couple of weeks. I honestly have been drinking (mostly just hard seltzer, so not as bad as it could be?) every day for almost a month. I woke up today after not committing to the morning CrossFit class and decided I'm done. It's easier said than achieved in my house, especially with my OH, but I hit my limit and I'm finally feeling in a good space to make it about me.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    PW: 173.2
    CW: 171.8

Monday, March 11 - 6,703 steps, league bowling, three games
    Tuesday, March 12 - 4,649 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Wednesday, March 13 - 4,767 steps, 40 minutes of spin, league bowling, three games

@jugar - sorry I am late on the weigh-in. On Monday, I had one of our managers come talk to me about our benefits package. The same things I have been meaning to talk with our president again about. It turns out this manager has had similar conversations with him already and got the same responses. So, I decided to reach out to my boss in Germany on Tuesday. He responded yesterday. He was very appreciative that I reached out and receptive to looking at solutions for us. But, he is like me where he wants a lot of data, so I spent all of yesterday putting together the data he requested and didn't end up with time to log in here and post my weigh-in.

I have started to get back into exercising this week which is great. Once I give up the alcohol and start settling into a routine in the new house, the exercise and diet should get back to where I want it to be. Honestly though, we are still moving out of the old house and it is quite amazing how my husband seems to get out of helping me. That has been a big stressor on me that has led to so much drinking. We're almost there, though.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 238.6
This discussion has been closed.