WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 208.0

I am so happy about my weight loss this week! I increased my calories slightly because I was feeling deprived and it didn't affect the scale in a bad way!

@Gidgitgoescrzy I know what you mean about little mistakes. They give me anxiety with chest pain and not able to sleep 😕

@jugar more snow?! We haven't had any snow in 2 years now!! 😄
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday - will ask to miss this weeks weigh in. Have to be away part of the week and want a chance to get my diet on track.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday - will ask to miss this weeks weigh in. Have to be away part of the week and want a chance to get my diet on track.

No problem! Enjoy both being away and getting back on track :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Back home from my weekend and it was fun! But definitely lots of eating and drinking. I'm off my schedule for meal planning and prep given that I got home late last night, so I'll have to dream up something healthy for dinner tomorrow. I was pretty tired after work, but I rallied for a late dance cardio session. Time for bed.

@lauren_989 great loss and awesome that you were able to adjust calories up a bit and still see progress!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The Vernal equinox was a moody day for me, yesterday. Some days are just a bit off. This morning, I feel more like my upbeat self and that’s a relief.
    My younger daughter came over in the afternoon and I fed her one of the lunches I made of quinoa, ground turkey, with zucchini, onion & summer squash. I baked a small chocolate cake and sent most of it home with her.
    We took a walk in our mildly hilly neighborhood and I was pleased to see how much my stamina has improved. My arches were a bit tired but didn’t cramp and I could keep talking without being winded. Yay!
    Off and running this morning.
    I’ll walk the almost-mile to work and go to the pool afterwards for another exercise session. That makes my water baby self happy!
    Have a great day, y’all! We have a dusting of snow…nothing like @jugar, though!

• jugar
    Options
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.8

woohoo, now the biggest challenge, not to teeter :blush:

Yesterday was good, although I did find out the husband will be back to going to WV next week, when they told him about this job out there, it was supposed to be a couple of weeks, it's now been 3 years, for 7 months out of the year... Needless to say I am annoyed, they do pay him a little extra, give him a per diem, cover all gas, and truck maintenance, but I'm still annoyed by it. LOL

The biggest problem with him leaving in regard to my weight loss journey, is my eating habits when it's just me, I tend to eat easy things, and easy things are usually not so diet friendly (my typical dinner last time, was some air fried tater tots with bacon and cheese on them), so I have to make a better plan this time. I am so close, I really hope this doesn't derail me, but it will be a good learning curve.

Hope you all have a great day.
    Put that tiara on your head and keep it up proud! New decade!

As you say, the biggest challenge is not to teeter (or tater), celebrate with calories, or stop now! Keep up the trajectory. I always used to remind myself that weigh-in day is the first day of the next one - even if today gets a bit relaxed, back on it tomorrow!

I heartily recommend my super easy dinner formula. It requires one pan (a good sized skillet with a cover), a pile of varied vegetables, a protein (veg source at least some of the time), and some kind of flavour-providing sauce. Brown anything that likes browning (eggplant slices, parsnip, sweet potato) in as little oil as possible. They all brown well with no oil if your pan does not stick too much. Then throw in other vegetables in order of how quickly they cook, a splash of water, and cover to get mostly cooked, stirring fairly often. I like chopped broccoli stems (my taller half only eats the heads!), zucchini, kale, more kale, rapini, chard, spinach - stuff you can pile on in huge amounts with no worries. Whatever you have. Then the protein (sooner if it requires more cooking time) and finally whatever sauce. I keep on hand a mixture of fresh ginger, soy, toasted sesame oil, and something slightly sweet (or prepared teriyaki sauce), tomato pesto, yellow curry with coconut milk, just herbs and stuff, whatever mood I'm in. Definitely keep your mood on hand.

That took longer to write than it does to cook. Easy as tater tots! Well, with more chopping. But really delish. The whole skillet full will fill you up and not kill your weigh in. I hope that will help while OH is away! Of course, it is a hopeless meal for anyone who likes their foods all separate, but hopefully you like the one pan one bowl approach.
  • jugar
    Options
    I'm late to my morning statements - but here they are. Hope everyone is having a good hump day, and first full day of Spring (or Falll for @veronica1359 !)

Today I am feeling a bit lazy. Hopefully this will pass.
    I need to address my right shoulder and tendencies to be too tense there when practicing.
    I do not want to stuff myself even with wonderfully healthy foods.
    I absolutely will walk outside. In the snow.
    I refuse to sit too much.
    My one piece of advice for myself is to try that pushing the cardio thing my trainer suggested :grimace:
    My one tip for others is to take a deep breath, roll your shoulders, move your neck about. Several times today. It feels good, and you all deserve to feel good.

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 172.2

It's a small gain, but not the salt induced water weight I saw earlier in the week/last weekend!

@jugar - Your one pan meal sounds a lot like the cooking I tend to do. My go to is always chicken and veggies, with the occasional serving of brown rice. Last night, since I was making it for my OH, too, it was chicken breast with frozen mixed veggies, and lime cilantro rice. I had mine with a little bit of a local, spicy, bbq sauce that I love.

Today I am feeling tired, but confident that I will get through the day.
    I need to address a disagreement my husband and I had.
    I do not want to bowl poorly tonight.
    I absolutely will not drink beer at bowling tonight.
    I refuse to overthink things at work.
    My one piece of advice for myself is to remember that everything is going to work out how it is expected regardless of how much I want to overthink.
    My one tip for others is enjoy today because tomorrow isn't promised.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    I know we have talked some in this group about self-control. It would be nice to have additional self-control with some things - like the ability to avoid ice cream! But, I found this article today that discusses the dark side of having self-control. It's an interesting read.

https://hbr.org/2020/01/the-dark-side-of-self-control
  • jugar
    Options
    Well that was a good Wednesday! I got over my lazy feelings, but still had some nice down time. I got outside, got out of breath, rode Jasper (who was on the teenage idiocy spectrum today...), tried CARs (more on this below), practiced without wanting to throw my flute through the window, and kept the intake nice and reasonable.

CARs are Controlled Articular Rotations - something my trainer is recommending. It takes each joint of the body and has a specific way to put it through all of its movements, going to your limits without using other parts of the body to help. I hope it will help encroaching arthrosis in my right shoulder and keep my feet from being stupid. The toe ones are really hard! It is supposed to help increase the thoroughness of the synovial fluid so that the cartilage is well taken care of and the joint remains mobile even as we age and have a harder time with that. It feels good, in any case! And way cheaper than trying cars :smiley:

@MaddawgMadsen That article on self-control looks interesting - without a subscription it is not possible to read the whole thing, but even the summary offers some food for thought. Dark side indeed - I am sure we all know some people who are so sewed up and in control that it is easy to see that they are missing out on some things. I think having a certain amount of it is great, but it can engender fear of change, not to mention of failure or the important ways we mess up to learn things. So ice cream still has a place in this world, even though it can be hard to put away for another day!
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Rough day today for me. I had my book club and ended up having a glass of wine. Then I ate 2 cookies that were not on the plan today. I overslept and didn't get my exercise in. Then during lunch when I was going to go for a walk, I stepped outside, it was windy and just thought f it. So not in the right spot mentally. I am pmsing and think that may have had something to do with it.

@jugar I am glad you had a good day! How do you exercise a toe?

Big hugs to you @lauren_989 !! There are days... Toes? Things like lifting just the big one, then just the 2nd, etc. And then doing a thing like drumming your fingers, only it's your toes. Or spreading them all out and back (that one isn't too bad!) My toes are seriously klutzy, but I'm going to see if they get more with it!
  • jugar
    Options
    OK - here's the line up through Thursday :smiley: Keep 'em coming -

@lindamartin27
    @strong_fit_ells
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    ^^ same thing on my walk this evening - stepped outside and realized it had just started raining and wind was picking up. totally threw in the towel then and there. vegged out for the night with dinner. :/ try again tomorrow!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 243.4
    CW 243.6
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Monday, March 18: 7,163 steps, 45 minutes of spin, league bowling - 3 games
    Tuesday, March 19: 6,380 steps (CrossFit was canceled because I was the only person in the class :'( )
    Wednesday, March 20: 7,262 steps, league bowling - 3 games

So far, I have done an hour of CrossFit today and have 3,044 steps (halfway to my goal) and it's only 11am. Also, I've had 48ish ounces of water. Today is going to be a good day.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @lauren_989, @Kali225, and @ashleycarole86 - yesterday was rough for sure! Between the weather, season (spring, but still feeling a little like winter), time of the month, and many other factors, it was a day that was survived, not thriving. I even slept through my spin class and drank beer at bowling because I didn't have the willpower to do better yesterday and I don't know why. I hope today is better for all of you! You're all amazing women!
This discussion has been closed.