Options

Replies

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 258.0
    CW: 257.2

I lost most of what I gained from last week so that is good.
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 204.9
    CW (Current Weight): 203.8

Sorry, I'm a little late. @andja87 when is your race again?

@sydditt College in Hawaii! That sounds amazing! I've never been, but we need to wait until our kids get a little older to take a trip there.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    I had to go away over the weekend for work. The woman who does our billing made all the food and it was delicious. She did make some goodies and I knoe I ate too many. After all the sitting in the awful chairs and eating all the food, I felt gross and went and took a walk for about 45 minutes. It felt great to get the exercise but my leg was killing me. I am going to try to hop on the treadmill tonight. I was going to last night after work but forgot I only was leaving work for an hour because I had to be back for 2 meetings. I wanted to loose some weight before my trip to Jamaica but that's not happening.

@ljdanny - ooooh, when are you leaving for Jamaica?? I feel like the sunlight there makes you feel lighter, even if you haven't lost a pound. I always have more energy when it's gorgeous outside and I'm near a large body of water, but maybe that's just me.

sydditt wrote: »
    Feels great to be back to weightlifting and normal eating after being on vacation. The weather has been beautiful so I’ve been out for walks too as well. I’ve upped my protein from 100 grams to 150 grams per day and added 6lbs to my bench press today.

This weekend my daughter has a tournament in Salt Lake, followed by a few days in Hawaii. Hoping I can convince myself to use the hotel gyms at least a couple of times. I’m going to start the Caroline Girvan Iron series when I get back. Looking forward to starting something new!

@sydditt - Adding a whole 6 pounds to your bench press is no small feat, great job! I'm hoping some of that strength of yours rubs off on me, I haven't been making any progress with my upper body these last couple months - I'm hoping the stagnation leads to a whoosh out of nowhere.

andja87 wrote: »
    @andja87 -

How have all of your runs been going? Any tips for those of us who "hate" running?

@minstrelofsarcasm its going! I restarted the 5k training program after like week 3 in the beginning, because until that point I hadn’t been able to consistently run each interval and was walking through some of the run parts, which by then was like 1.5min run 1min walk.
    But as of today, I’m on week 6 of the training and have been pushing myself to just do it and I just got through 2 - 10 minute run intervals! I think that’s a huge win and I’m really proud of that.

As for tips, slowing my pace helped a lot to keep myself being able to run the longer intervals earlier on. I was trying to run around 5 mph and was getting too winded and had to walk extra. I slowed myself down to around 3.9mph and was able to get through the runs as they got longer. I think that’s helped me now be able to pick up my pace as I ran the 10 mins at around 4.2 mph. It’s not a huge increase in speed but it’s still something I’m proud of when I look back at my progress lol.
    Also the number thing you mentioned has helped a lot. I try not to focus on the time on the treadmill so I watch YouTube videos from channels I enjoy to distract me. But at the same time, I’m also very aware of the time 😂 so I just count myself down by 10-15 second increments to help the time pass if I do focus on it.

It was funny when I first started, I told my friend I’m running with, ‘HOW AM I EVER GOING TO RUN FOR 1.5min STRAIGHT?!’
    Then this week when I hit 8-10 min runs, I said ‘How can I run for 8min straight, I wish I could just do 1.5min intervals instead!’ 😂

@andja87 - 10 minutes straight of running?? Good lord, my feet hurt just thinking about it. In case you couldn't figure it out, running is not my favorite haha. You've been making incredible progress and I'm glad you're recognizing how far you've come! Did you ever think you could accomplish nearly this much when you started? Every "little" accomplishment feels so far away until you get there.

I'm glad the number thing helped you! It's still my go-to when it comes to cardio in general. I use the elliptical on my cardio days (typically Wednesdays) and it's a lot of "I'll stay at this rpm with this resistance until the clock says this" or making a change every 8 counts so I don't have time to consider slacking.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 148 Member
    edited March 21
    Options
    Laurabb99 wrote: »

Sorry, I'm a little late. @andja87 when is your race again?

@Laurabb99 my race is a smidge over 2 weeks away on April 6th. BTW, great loss this week!

@andja87 - 10 minutes straight of running?? Good lord, my feet hurt just thinking about it. In case you couldn't figure it out, running is not my favorite haha. You've been making incredible progress and I'm glad you're recognizing how far you've come! Did you ever think you could accomplish nearly this much when you started? Every "little" accomplishment feels so far away until you get there.

I'm glad the number thing helped you! It's still my go-to when it comes to cardio in general. I use the elliptical on my cardio days (typically Wednesdays) and it's a lot of "I'll stay at this rpm with this resistance until the clock says this" or making a change every 8 counts so I don't have time to consider slacking.

@minstrelofsarcasm no I absolutely never thought I could accomplish this much let alone sticking to the running for this long! I did manage 12 minutes straight today at 4.2mph and I was struggling to breathe by the end of it lol. But I survived!
    Yeah the numbers really help. Especially if I’m going to be looking at them anyway. Breaking up minutes into smaller increments makes it seem easier to achieve.
    Finally made a music playlist too so I think I’m going to try just music on my next run. I wonder if that’ll make it easier to get through because I know the songs I picked and how they go so I can use that just like the numbers. “There’s just one more verse and chorus and then you can walk.”

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Hey folks! I am missing a number of weigh-ins due earlier this week - please let me know if you need to be excused! (I also may have not seen when you posted it, because this week has been stressful, so don't be afraid to let me know I'm being stupid)

@Losingweekly
    @9Harvey
    @BlueSkyNomad
    @ksludwig
    @Ljdanny

Step results coming later!
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW 174.3
    Mar 8: 176.0
    Mar 15: 176.2
    Mar 22: 174.6

GW (Mar) 173
    Start weight 196
    Plan: Strength training, daily walk, Protein 100g+, Fiber 25g+

Basically just about lost the weight I gained - just in time for me to go on vacation.
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 22
    Options
    Weigh in day Friday

Previous weight 186.9 lbs (85.0 kg)
    Current weight 185.6 lbs (84.2 kg)

I had a really focused week and am pleased with the loss. I also realised looking at my 75 day challenge chart where I go wrong (or how often) so I will try to correct that and get more consistent with good habits
    Here is my challenge chart for those of you interested ⬇️
    75 day medium challenge

🧡45 min inside + 45 min outside exercise: 1 good workout on work day + add walk on day off
    💛Between 2.7 to 5.3 litres of water
    💚Read 10 pages of a book
    🩵Diet: stay within my calories + up my protein
    🩷No alcohol anyway -> replace by limited chocolate intake

19/75 🧡💛💚🩵🩷 1h🚶‍♀️
    18/75 🧡💛💚🩵🩷 1h 🥋 + 40min 🚶‍♀️
    17/75 ✖️💛💚✖️🩷 low on protein
    16/75 ✖️💛💚🩵🩷 only a short 🚶‍♀️
    15/75 🧡💛💚🩵🩷🥋 grading +🚶‍♀️
    14/75 ✖️💛💚✖️🩷 no exercise, over calories
    13/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 1h 🥋, 🍫 again
    12/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 1h40 🚶‍♀️
    11/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 1h 🥋, 🍫 again
    10/75 ✖️💛💚🩵🩷 rest day as unwell
    9/75 🧡💛✖️🩵🩷 1h 🚶‍♀️, low on protein
    8/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 45min 🚶‍♀️, 🍫 again
    7/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 45min 🚶‍♀️too much 🍫
    6/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 1h 🥋 , too much 🍫
    5/75 🧡💛💚🩵🩷 2h 🚶‍♀️
    4/75 🧡💛💚🩵✖️ 1h🥋, too much 🍫
    3/75 🧡💛💚🩵🩷 34min 🏃‍♀️+ 20min 🧘‍♀️
    2/75 ✖️💛💚✖️✖️ not great day ☔, no focus
    1/75 🧡💛💚🩵🩷 70min 🚶‍♀️

Anyway today I have reached 56 days of logging my food and that is a first for me, I have used the app in the past but not consistently. Thank you to this group for keeping me on track

Have a good day everyone
  • andja87
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 209.2
    CW (Current Weight): 207.2
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 188.6
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

CW: 79.9kg

🥹
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Saturday

PW: 191.8
    CW: 190.7
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 216.4
    Cw- 215.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Step results coming later!

Apparently, by "later", I meant "tomorrow". Anyway...

~~ Step Challenge Results - March Week 2 ~~

Team Statistics -
    Total Steppers: 6
    Total Steps: 384,680
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 64,113 (+5.8% over last week!)
    Total Steps This Month: 748,419

Individual Statistics -
    @andja87 - 76,130 total | 10,876 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @Emilienewme - 70,290 total | 10,041 average
    @sydditt - 67,702 total | 9,672 average
    @BodyTalking - 59,088 total | 8,441 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @Ljdanny - 55,767 total | 7,967 average
    @daria0919 - 55,703 total | 7,958 average

Our bolded members set a goal and met it! And our team is making small gains every single week when it comes to step counts... can we boost our numbers another 5% for next week? That would push us just over 400k for next week's total, and bring the month's total over 1.1 million steps!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Weigh-in-Saturday
    Starting weight: 81.7 kg/180.12 lb
    Previous weight: 80.3 kg/177 lb
    Current weight: 80.7 kg/177.9 lb
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,928 Member
    Options
    BodyTalking
    Steps Total, 17-23 Mar: 59,637
    S 14225
    M 5770
    T 5361
    W 11189
    T 8681
    F 9150
    S 5261
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The March Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Mar 24th. Join us for the Spring Cleaning Time Challenge (a creative adventure)! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10912206/march-week-4-group-challenge-spring-cleaning-time-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 231.4
    CW (Current Weight): 230.6

Well, not much of a loss, but to be honest I thought I was going to have a big gain. I just came off my period, and I ate poorly yesterday! Time to use this as motivation, and have good week this week!
  • andja87
    Options
    qm065328r6e8.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Good Morning WNM...You have a new member joining your wonderful team for April... Please welcome @emmashowen1 :)
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 231.4
    CW (Current Weight): 230.6

Well, not much of a loss, but to be honest I thought I was going to have a big gain. I just came off my period, and I ate poorly yesterday! Time to use this as motivation, and have good week this week!

A loss is a loss and next week you may even see the 220s!!!!!! Woo hooo!! Way to go @CassieGetsFit2013!!
This discussion has been closed.