WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all of my mums the other side of the pond!

Sunday weigh-in:

PW - 187.8
    CW - 187.5

It's been a good week. I managed to do six workouts - including two days of my new None2Run program. This week we have a wonderful friend coming to stay for a few days so I shall take tomorrow off and do some housework prep for our guest's arrival, and I shall also do some grocery shopping. Our guest is something of a gourmand and we could easily over-indulge while he's visiting.

Oh, and it's our 25th Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday too. I daresay we'll be taking that day off to celebrate - without guilt!

@micki48 your pix of the aurora borealis are enchanting! And hurrah! @conleywoods on getting the job that you wanted. Your joy at getting the job is infectious (there's a broad smile on my face as I type).

I'll be back later with my step and exercise stats!

TTFN
  • Vio_let23
    Vio_let23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry - I have a hard time reading thru so many posts. I realize that the answer to my question is probably there somewhere ... but I see that some people are putting their weekly steps down. What is that for?

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    zck9ltk5mh36.png
    8ov4m8hs3m8a.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ri07cnwf20nx.png

By Pounds
    97h34jmvetul.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    egqphprc4v9b.png

By Pounds
    vud8fjxf3z7q.png
    3f7g85p25wia.png

Team Winners
    a4uiqxnqoaqn.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    uqwhri4m5j8r.png
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed happy anniversary! Definitely take that day off and enjoy yourselves!

@Vio_let23 our team has a step challenge that @ashleycarole86 runs. If you are interested, you just post your steps each week and give her a goal for your daily steps. You can also list if you do any extra exercise (jogging, yoga, biking, weights, etc) and she will convert that exercise to steps.

I had a very relaxing weekend. I didn't move much, but also ate on the low end of my calorie range. I am meeting some friends for lunch at an Indian restaurant...always exciting to try some new food!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,157 Member
    Options
    Vio_let23 wrote: »
    I'm sorry - I have a hard time reading thru so many posts. I realize that the answer to my question is probably there somewhere ... but I see that some people are putting their weekly steps down. What is that for?

Hi @Vio_let23 - I know it can be a real maze in here trying to rind things. Glad you asked again!

Anyone on the team can choose to post their steps and exercise and be celebrated every week on how they did. @ashleycarole86 keeps track for us, and can count both your steps and your exercise. Minutes of exercise get "translated" into equivalent steps to make everything comparable - you can post intensity along with it to make the translation more correct :smiley:

So if you do Pilates, or moderate speed exercise bike (12-14 mph), or anything else at all, Ashley has the formula. Or just steps if you prefer - it all works! It often helps to have to report it, and sometimes even gets you up and moving on a day when you might have just skipped it. Feel free to add yourself in any time! Just get your stats in every week for Sunday - Saturday, reported on Sunday. Thanks!
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the job!
    PW 247.8
    CW 245.2

Yay! I had a great loss this week and I got the job I interviewed for!!!! So excited 😁 I will be the only occupational therapist in the school district so that will be a change. I will be 3 days a week which is exactly what I wanted. So thrilled. I have not been very consistent with my healthy habits as my head has been some where else for quite some time. Still coming back down to earth.

• adrimango
    Options
    I went to the gym! First time in months. I didn't feel as out of shape as I expected. The walking I have been doing has made a difference. I went down a row of hooks on my sports bra which was a nice non-scale victory.

I am home for the next 4 weeks - my longest stretch without travel since early March. I'm taking thus opportunity to really lock in some healthy habits. My Monopoly money experiment is going well so far. I earned $20 yesterday keeping to my diet and getting in 10,000 steps.

Weigh-in day tomorrow so we will see what the scale says.
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, gang - that was a good week! No huge loss, but good enough for top 3! Let's see if we can get the green percentage back up a bit this week :mrgreen:

I'm getting to the daily nag a bit early tonight - then going to pedal to nowhere for around 10 miles!

Weigh-ins due through Monday:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango

Here we go week 3!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Here are my exercise and steps stats from the last 7 days

Sunday 5th May - 2955
    Monday 6th - 2679 / 41mins Heather Robertson 12 Week 4.0 Day 45 - Full Body HIIT
    Tuesday 7th - 1689 / 46 mins HR12W4.0 D46 - Full Body Strength
    Wednesday 8th - 6152 / 29 mins Walk/Run
    Thursday 9th - 4813 / 75 mins Yoga
    Friday - 1694
    Saturday 10th - 3725 / 43 mins HR12W4.0 D47 - Cardio and Abs
  • adrimango
    Options
    CW: 155.0
    PW: 157.6

Nice to see all the travel gain whoosh away! I didn't sleep very well. I am anticipating a difficult conversation today and it kept my brain turning.

Happy Monday all and here's to a green week!
  • Vio_let23
    Vio_let23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info about the steps. I don't have any goals step-wise. I just do my Apple Watch - Move and Exercise rings. Tho I did notice it also calculates steps.

We ordered from a new Pizza place yesterday and got several things to sample. I don't know how many calories I consumed - and that sometimes bothers me. I usually eat things where I can calculate the calories - but they had no nutrition listing on their menu. Lots of leftovers -for my daughter and husband.

My best calorie burn activity as late is mowing the lawn - lol. It's been raining so much every couple of days and so I wind up mowing it twice a week! Takes me over an hour.

I still haven't found my sweet spot in terms of calorie intake and types of foods. I did find it before in the past - it's just changed now. That's ok - I just have more experimenting to do.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hello WaistAways!

@YinxFed - Happy anniversary! 25 years is a big one! Absolutely enjoy it!

@conleywoods - Congratulations on the job! A three day work week and a job you'll love. This is awesome!

I broke my diet for mother's day. My sister invited us all over for gluten free waffles. I do not regret taking her up on that.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Let’s shoot for Greg Green Green this week! Let’s challenge ourselves to good tracking and logging and treat ourselves with a nice walk, yoga, run, gym session, whatever gets your heart rate up. This challenge is short, let’s make the most of it and lift each other up.
  • jugar
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    Happy Monday! Let’s shoot for Greg Green Green this week! Let’s challenge ourselves to good tracking and logging and treat ourselves with a nice walk, yoga, run, gym session, whatever gets your heart rate up. This challenge is short, let’s make the most of it and lift each other up.

You're on!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Steps

uwm4w7d3m6pw.png
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed Happy 25th Anniversary!!! I hope you enjoy your celebration. Congratulations and wishing you years of happiness to come 🎉❤️

@conleywoods Congratulations on your new position!! That sounds dreamy. So glad you found just what you were looking for.

@Gidgitgoescrzy Have a wonderful trip!! You must be so excited. Can’t wait for photos. I did mean you. You make lists, set goals and keep work in tip top order.

I had today off. My hubby and I went to a concert last night. Todd Rundgren. It was really good. Today I got a lot of vitamin D outside planting plants and flowers I got. My yard is coming along nicely. If only the naughty chipmunks 🐿️ would leave my plants alone. They did holes right at the root base. Stinkers!!! I also got some Lambs Ear from a garden friend because my granddaughter wanted the “fuzzy plants.”

My steps have been good and I e been busy. Logging so so. Food is ok. But need to up my veggie and water game.

I’m in to make it a green week. That would be wonderful.

Back to work tomorrow. Only 17 days left.
  • jugar
    Options
    Terrific Tuesday Twosome on the way!
    @lauren_989
    @ineego

And a small gaggle of stragglers :wink:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    My apologies about the straggle. I’ll try not to make it a habit. I didn’t weigh myself first thing in the morning so this is what I got on a Monday midday. Trying to give myself grace with dealing with my job.

Keep moving forward. Keep showing up.

5/13/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight):166.8
    CW (Current Weight): 168.8

Sunday 5/5 17,851 (12 Min Piyo)
    Monday 5/6 10,313 (15 Min Yoga)
    Tuesday 5/7 13,792
    Wednesday 5/8 13,200 (60 min PiYo 20 min Dance)
    Thursday 5/9 11,166 (30 HIIT, 20 Strength, 10 CORE )
    Friday 5/10 11,755 (30 kickboxing)
    Saturday 5/11 12,417 (30 min Dance, 20 CORE
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    My apologies about the straggle. I’ll try not to make it a habit. I didn’t weigh myself first thing in the morning so this is what I got on a Monday midday. Trying to give myself grace with dealing with my job.

Keep moving forward. Keep showing up.

5/13/24
    Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight):166.8
    CW (Current Weight): 168.8

Sunday 5/5 17,851 (12 Min Piyo)
    Monday 5/6 10,313 (15 Min Yoga)
    Tuesday 5/7 13,792
    Wednesday 5/8 13,200 (60 min PiYo 20 min Dance)
    Thursday 5/9 11,166 (30 HIIT, 20 Strength, 10 CORE )
    Friday 5/10 11,755 (30 kickboxing)
    Saturday 5/11 12,417 (30 min Dance, 20 CORE

Your steps and fitness blow my mind! Really impressive.