WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I appreciate the words of encouragement! 😊

@lauren_989 - Yes! They are free on YouTube and are dumbbell-focused. If you search her name, you will find her channel.

For her workouts, she sometimes also uses a bench, kettlebell, and sliders, but she will always tell you how to modify if you don’t have them. Her workouts range from 30-45 minutes including a warm-up and cooldown period, and the workouts are Monday - Wednesday, rest on Thursday, Friday - Saturday, and rest on Sunday.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    9z99rdu06iza.png
    23p34r7hpffm.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ecwln92kokas.png

By Pounds
    sfv2r9cklldh.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ts8u0rwaybd1.png

By Pounds
    n0g3m0nog00g.png
    y0jnuvxg9dwm.png

Team Winners
    gz0xon7x2x5w.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    0zzi9zydpm0h.png
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,185 Member
    edited May 5
    Options
    Bravo Waistaways!
    We have a new teammate, a returning teammate, and one of our biggest overall losers on the leaderboard for week 1.
    Who is going to take week 2?
    There's also half of us that started in the green so that's a lovely streak to extend - can you make all four weeks in the green? Can you start with two in a row?
    For the rest of us that started red (me included!), what small changes will you make to post a modest loss this week?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited May 6
    Options
    Woo hoo us! 2nd place and top for % of the team in the green. I'd call that a great first week, and we have 4 more to go. Let's try to keep moving in the green direction.

I have had a very lazy day, so hopping on the exercise bike. But first, it's time for the nightly nag :wink:

Due through Monday:

@StayFITTer
    @cleaneater80
    @adrimango

Thanks!
  • ineego
    ineego Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find this time of year exciting but exhausting! I had two of those big yellow bags of soil delivered... Let's just say, that is a lot of dirt that needs to be shifted. Needless to say I did my exercise... Lunges (pulled weeds), squats (transplanted hostas), weights (digging dirt from big bags, filled wheel barrow and hoofed it to multiple drop spots).. Pooped! And I'm only half way through one bag. Rest... Yup more like coma😴
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,288 Member
    Options
  • jugar
    Options
    I love this team. Vents, responses, hugs, garden madness! What a rich place.

SO, off to fire up the rototiller - my garden is huge, so I can usually only manage one row a day for the first tilling (there are 6 :grimace: ). It might still be too wet and heavy out there, but it is a good sunny afternoon to try. Talk about a full body workout!! I'm with you on that @ineego and @Gidgitgoescrzy - I'm not sure where you live Sharon, but I know I'm way north of Vikki and there is no way any veg gets planted outside yet. Soon with the super hardy stuff though :smiley:
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed I'm glad you came to our group when you felt like giving up. I hope we can give you some support and help you through this challenging time. I definitely wish I had all green weeks and kept improving our teams numbers, but that's not always possible. I also weigh in once a week, so the daily fluctuations don't drag me down.

It's amazing how much yardwork and gardening can really be a workout! I don't mind getting out and weeding or mowing just for that reason, plus to get some vitamin D! 🌞 I have some zucchini and yellow squash starting, tomatoes, and I'm trying peppers from seeds for the 4th time now. Plus my hubby is trying peppers too. So we will see how try #4 and 5 go. My mom saw this idea on facebook, where you cut the top of a pepper off and plant the whole thing in a pot. Hers started sprouting, so that's what's in my pot now! We just do the pots on the back deck. I'm interested to see what we will get this summer!
    v7ixd3d6bjfs.jpgzk1k7tvq2dp6.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    It takes 2 to Tuesday Tango!
    @lauren_989
    @ineego

Last chance for @adrimango - hope you'll make it and send in your Monday weigh-in!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I missed A LOT the last week or so.

@lauren_989 - great job completing the race in the rain! I used to do a lot of races in Portland, Oregon, which as you can imagine, often rained. Those were some of the best races! Also, I love the pictures! I'm so glad people still dressed in costume despite the weather. Also, your plants look amazing.

@YinxFed - I am so glad you came on here instead of giving up! Like @jugar said, we are here for you in whatever capacity you need!

@micki48 - I am sad to hear about everything going on at your work. It's amazing that you can be so positive for the kids even when it's hard. Keep it up and I hope it gets better soon!

My CrossFit gym decided to do an eating/exercise/healthy lifestyle challenge. It started yesterday (which was kind of a bummer because I had a sinus headache induced migraine). My OH and I are both participating in the challenge, which for us means cutting out processed carbs, limiting natural sweeteners like maple syrup and honey, and no alcohol. Also, I am committing to 3+ CrossFit workouts/week, and 2+ spin classes/week. We have to write a summary each week of what worked, what didn't work, what is getting easier, what changes we see, etc. The options are to do the challenge for two weeks, three weeks, or four weeks. My OH and I opted for three weeks because we will head out on a road trip during the fourth week. I'm hoping this will help me get to the next decade (the same one I've been close to reaching since October) before we leave to go to the wedding at the end of this month.

Like @jugar always says, we are our own experiment. I've been plateaued for so long, I need to change something up and this seems like the perfect time and opportunity for that change.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    PW: 209.6
    CW: 207.6

I have been maintaining myself around the same numbers. With a few other people talking about reviewing their weeks, I think that sounds like a good plan. I want to plan my week (Tuesday-Tuesday) and then see what worked and what didn't. I have my exercise planned for this week and my breakfast and lumches for the work week. I will report in next Tuesday!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ineego I just found your weigh-in post in a different thread! Please be sure to post here on the team chat. This is what you posted:
    ineego wrote: »
    Starting weight: 160
    Current weight : 260.8🤔

I had your starting weight this month as 162, then your week 1 (last Tuesday) as 160.3. I assume you mean your current weight is 160.8 not 260.8! And that is still less than when you started the month, so don't worry! You are on the right track :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Wednesday is such a special day! It's @Gidgitgoescrzy day! Don't forget to weigh in in spite of all the goings on -- getting ready to pack, planting plants, organizing drawers and generally being awesome :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.