WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    PW: 209.8
    CW: 209.6

Frustrated with the scale as I've had 3 good weeks and have basically maintained.

@wishfuljune I don't think I knew you were from Rhode Island! What part? That is where I grew up! My parents and sister still there there in the small town of Richmond. I go and visit at least once a year and will be going up the end of July to the beginning of August.

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hello Waistaways,!

I'm Yinka. 60 years old and married with a grown up son. I live in Worcestershire, UK and I work from home as an Artificial Intelligence and Land Referencing educator.

I have been carrying a surplus weight of about 40lb for an embarrassing amount of time and I recognise that I am going to have to make some proper grown up food choices to make any real in-roads. I just need to tell my stomach and mind to be more co-operative! Maybe May will be the start! Especially as I have arranged a trip to Virginia, US to stay with our son in the autumn.

Welcome to all our new members and returners.

And ... I shall miss you terribly, Liselyn @jugar.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Well here comes Wednesday! I'll be heading home tomorrow. We will be having a memorial service for dad on the 18th of May, and it is going to be quite a crowd, I'm sure. Lots of music, lots of memories - I think it will be a special time.

For now, it will be good to get back home and my usual routines (exercise!!!). My horse is surely awfully scruffy, and will need to get back to exercise too.

Tonight's reminder - due through Wednesday:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @adrimango
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

Thanks!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy - I am so excited for you! Congrats to hitting your goal before your trip with time to spare! Also, I am sad that you have a headache and that your jaw pain is back! Do you grind your teeth?

@jugar or @lauren_989 - can I move my weigh-in day to Thursday? I hate to leave @Gidgitgoescrzy as the only Wednesday weigh-in, but it makes her special. Not alone.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy - I am so excited for you! Congrats to hitting your goal before your trip with time to spare! Also, I am sad that you have a headache and that your jaw pain is back! Do you grind your teeth?

I don't think I grind my teeth, dentist said he did not think it was TMJ, but this happens like every other month for a couple of weeks, then goes away. It's so weird.
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @Evemakeschanges I am so truly sorry to hear about your loss 😢❤️
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the late weigh in

CW 241.3lbs 😢

Can't seem to get the rhythm back, but also is time of the month, so hopefully I'll do better next time 😊
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar or @lauren_989 - can I move my weigh-in day to Thursday? I hate to leave @Gidgitgoescrzy as the only Wednesday weigh-in, but it makes her special. Not alone.
    Done!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'm sure you will have a busy few weeks ahead getting ready for the memorial. Hugs again to you and your family!

@Gidgitgoescrzy congrats on hitting your goal early!! That is awesome!! :)

I am glad this week is almost over. I look forward to just about every weekend haha. I have my 5k on Saturday, and cross my fingers it looks like I will at least be healthy for this one! Although the weather does look iffy with rain, but it should be warm.

Does any else have fun or exciting plans for this coming weekend?
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Does any else have fun or exciting plans for this coming weekend?
    Getting on that silly horse of mine! He can put a smile on my face every single time. I hope it gets warm enough to give him a good bath - he is so gross after the long winter. He hates the hose and the water splashing about, but that's just too bad! But it has to be warm enough for me to get pretty soaked too...
    njk6asd7dco7.png

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,288 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I like to watch Miss Fit and Nerdy on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/@MissFitAndNerdy/videos
    I really like her message and feel she has a lot of great information. She focuses on sustainable weight loss and covers metabolic adaptation often.
    This sounds good Kristi. @conleywoods I will check her out. Thanks!
  • micki48
    Options
    PW 146
    CW 143.6

Wooohooo I did it, I hit my goal of 145 before my vaca, with 2 weeks to spare... I am over here dancing I am so happy. But not to much I have a terrible headache and my jaw pain is back again...

Have a great day !

WAHOO! Congratulations @Gidgitgoescrzy I’m so happy for you. You’ve worked so hard and you did it!! You hit your goal!! 🎉👏🏼👏🏼

This week is beating me down. I’m tired. I’m cover for the lead teacher whose husband is in the hospital. Normally, I could do it but Friday I got the news that I did not get the lead first grade position for next year. (A position I held in the same school for 5 years before I moved away then came back) I find it hard mentally to do a job all week following being told I was not their choice. I think there’s some ageism going on here. Anyway, wew! I’m spent.

I’ve done ok with food and logging but still room to improve.

Ashley I will be on the step challenge. Forgot to mention that before. 7k goal still. 🙂

The photos of Arizona were beautiful!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Thursday already? Wow. Let's get these numbers in:

@adrimango
    @MaddawgMadsen
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,185 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy Super big congrats on reaching your goal before your trip.. what an amazing accomplishment. Love to see that

@micki48 So sorry you didn't get the job... and to feel like ageism is at play.. that's even worse. Got you down for 7k!

@lauren_989 It's trailer opening season although it's been snowing here this week (ack!!) But tomorrow starts our summer of weekends at the lake!!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    PW: 176.0
    CW: 175.8

Technically green.

Anything fun this weekend? The husband and I are taking our dogs for a short hike (short because I'm donating blood tonight and don't want to overdo it) on Saturday near one of the rivers by us to look for morel mushrooms. Then, on Sunday, I am joining a couple of girlfriends to watch a local play - "The Odd Couple: Female Edition". We have another mutual friend who is in the play, so it should be a lot of fun.
  • jugar
    Options
    It felt so good to hang out with Jasper today 🐴 ! He was, as could only be expected after a week of neglect, grubby, covered with mud, with his shedding hair looking quite horrible. So we had a long and serious grooming session, during which we succeeded in amassing a huge pile of hair - could have made a thin mattress! He looked pretty good by the end, and my arms were tired. He loved having ALL the itches scrubbed. Then we had an excellent workout - we were both good and sweaty by the end.

I bought a new pair of hiking boots on my way home from the US yesterday. I will try them tomorrow or whenever the pelting rain goes away :smiley:

Hope you're all doing well - and thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes on the passing of my dad. @EvMakesChanges and I appreciate it for sure!
  • micki48
    Options
    Glad you got a good session in with Jasper @jugar. Haven’t logged yet but it was ok. Not perfect. I did reach my 7,000 steps.

Thank goodness it’s Friday.
This discussion has been closed.