Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,862 Member
    edited April 29
    Options
    Trillium54 wrote: »
    Hey all, I won't be joining you next month but hope to be back for June (I know I need to re-apply). Take care and keep rockin' with your bad selves! <3<3

Sorry to see you go
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    April 27th: 4,896
    April 28th: 7,855

Went for a swim this morning. I have lots to accomplish today but I am going to try and get a walk in. It is warm today and actually not raining.

I missed a bunch of questions

I believe one was about bands: Queen is my favourite

I would like to hear what my cats would have to say. I think it would be interesting.

I really don’t eat pancakes or waffles. I would probably pick a waffle depending on the toppings.

@itladyee
    I am not sure if she made a video. She did a video of her doing my skin care and I have selfies of us with our masks.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 ~ I was just teasing you regarding the video :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @ChickieBoom22 please weigh-in sometime today ...Thank you
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

pw-190
    cw 194 - I went the wrong direction.

Steps
    4-22-11,133
    4-23-10,063
    4-24-9,164
    4-25-11,069
    4-26-8,994
    4-27-11,466
    4-28-11,942
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 1
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

April 28th: 7,855
    April 29th: 11,535

It is warm but raining today. I have a stupid headache but I figured I better check in before I lay down. These weather changes are brutal for giving me headaches. I will walk in the apartment if my head is better this afternoon or maybe even go to the pool. My workout buddy gets back today. It’s more fun to have a walking partner even if I slow her down.

Have a great Tuesday all!

@iLive2Walk
    You look amazing! I think you are doing very well with your weight loss. It gets hard when we get closer to goal. I think 1.6 pounds is pretty darn good with the celebration and mini vacation. Stay the course and you will get to the 140’s. Whether it takes 1 month or 3, you will get there.

@itladyee
    I wouldn’t mind having a copy. I don’t really share things on facebook but I would share it so i am the only one that sees it. Then it would be so fun to see the memory each year.

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 798 Member
    edited April 30
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    Mon - All Goals Completed 😁

👣 17,549 steps
    📝 Logged Everything
    🥗 Stayed under my calorie range
    🧘‍♀️Stretch Routine - 30 Min
    💪 Strength - 30 Min
    💦 8 glasses of water
    📖 🎮 I played a game on my phone, and read a chapter of Sorceror's Stone.
    🧂 Stayed under my sodium goal

Last Day of the month; reflection and before and after picture time. I started writing these when I was about four months into my weight loss journey. Then started taking after pictures later in the year. In retrospect, I should have always taken the after pictures - really helps to see your progress. You see yourself every day, so don't notice the difference - pictures put it in perspective. I encourage you all to do so.

April 2024 Reflection

April was basically a frustrating weight loss month; lost 1.6 pounds. Didn’t reach my stretch or regular weight loss goal. At least it wasn’t a gain. Started off the month with indulging on Easter, then took an overnight trip to see the Eclipse and was also off plan. Then mid-month realized I had a problem with my bathroom scale – apparently, I have been underestimating my weight for a while – new scale new weight and it wasn’t pretty. Worked hard the last couple weeks, and at least I got down to below my starting weight – which who knows if that was correct. For May – my goal is to get into the 140s come hell or high water.

I have been successful with the exercise, averaging well over my 17K goal, and tracked a little over 250 miles again in April; year to date a little over 1,000; almost half way there. I am also on track for intentional miles with a little over 750 miles to date.

I have been keeping on plan with my cardio and strength routines. I alternate one day of cardio and then one day of strength. Although I do not like them much, I add one stretch type routine weekly. I have been having some trouble with some pain in my knees – so found a stretching knee exercise that I began adding daily at the end of the month. I have an appointment with the Doctor May 1 to see what she says. Hopefully, I can continue to walk and won’t have to take a break.

I started re-reading the first book of the Harry Potter series, along with my Hogwarts Challenge. I finished “The Masked City” and am on the third book of the Invisible Library Series – “The Burning Page”.
    The next round of The Biggest Loser starts May 1. We have a full team, and I spent a lot of time in-between rounds getting ready. Looking forward to the start. The Hogwarts Challenge started; always a fun one. Rejoined the Fat-2-Fit challenge; I can do it.
    • My May Goals:
    • Get into the 140 range!
    • Log 150 intentional miles; and 250 in overall miles
    • Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    • Stretch 3 days per week
    • Average 17K steps per day
    • Read almost every day

Here is my before and after picture for April. Not much different than last month but found a new before picture and took an after at the same spot.

7n6u5wwbjdfh.png

Wow what a difference! I love before and after photos so inspiring!

You look amazing ... Well done :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 30
    Options
    z3a408f53pzs.jpg

Would you rather be a member of the Karadashian family or a member of the Obama family?

I would rather be a member of the Obama family ... I am not into lot's of drama
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

@iLive2Walk ~ Looking good lady! Love your reflections!!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited May 1
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in Wednesday:

PW: 152.8
    CW: 151.2
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day: wednesday
    PW 220.2 (99,9 kg)
    CW 216.7 (98,3 kg)

As I said last week 😄 Weight on scales haven't been moving much all week, but today did..

Getting my goal steps in for the 'Step challenge' is improving.. Getting there 🤗
  • myndieet
    Options
    @iLive2Walk You look great! 👍👍👍
  • myndieet
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    Happy Monday!!
    Welcome @JamieS74 , @MommieJeannie and @hasabu2020
    Good luck ya'll!!

Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 169.3
    CW: 170

I gained back what I lost but the weather had a lot to do with that. I will not give up!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Here are my steps:

4/21- 3,250
    4/22-4,112
    4/23-4,039
    4/24-4.025
    4/25-2,249
    2/26-4.050
    4/27-5.453
    4/28-2,050

I am very Embarrassed but it happens right? My body has been feeling weak and I slept most of the day on Sunday. I am feeling a bit stronger and ready for the week but it's raining today so that has me down in the dumps now. I am looking forward to better days you guys!!

Don't feel embarrassed.. I think we've all been there at some point.. Just wait for the better times to rock it and for the meantime just try to keep going and do the best you can.. Hugs
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    Tuesday - all goals met

👣 21,124 steps
    📝 Logged Everything
    🥗 Stayed under my calorie range
    🧘‍♀️Stretch Routine - 30 Min
    🫀Aerobics - 30 Min
    💦 8 glasses of water
    🧂 Stayed under my sodium goal
    📖 🎮 ME! Read some information on sky diving (nope not going to do it - it was for another challenge I'm in), played a game on my phone, and got some Me Time!

🌷🪻Happy May! 🌷🪻

A good day for me yesterday; got it all done and had some Me time. I love a new month - a fresh start.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @iLive2Walk
    You have to try it. Skydiving is so much fun. I jumped 3 times. I broke my leg the second time but I landed wrong. My fault as I didn’t do what I was taught. I have a terrible fear of heights. Having to climb out onto the strut of the plane gave me so much anxiety I just couldn’t do it anymore. When the parachute opened and you are floating down is an amazing feeling. It’s a shame that I couldn’t overcome my fear of heights.
  • iLive2Walk
    Options
    @iLive2Walk
    You have to try it. Skydiving is so much fun. I jumped 3 times. I broke my leg the second time but I landed wrong. My fault as I didn’t do what I was taught. I have a terrible fear of heights. Having to climb out onto the strut of the plane gave me so much anxiety I just couldn’t do it anymore. When the parachute opened and you are floating down is an amazing feeling. It’s a shame that I couldn’t overcome my fear of heights.

@Lindamtuc2018 One thing I learned while researching is that the fear of heights is actually one that all of us are born with (that and interesting enought the fear of the dark). Most other fears are learned fears.