Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,109 Member
zimchnwqsgq1.png
Here is your Team chat room for May 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and open
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86 and soon to be @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The May challenge runs for five weeks, from April 28 - June 1.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get May underway!

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi Team, I'm Lis 61 from the uk but I've been living in Spain for 22 years. I live in the Sierra nevada mountains but spend around 8 months of the year travelling Spain in my rv. Its my happy place where i exercise loads and lose weight!
    I've lost 91 lb (currently) over the last 3 years. I'm now in the 4th cycle of gaining 14lb when i go home and losing it again when i get back in the rv! This is going to be the last time! I'm identifying all the reasons i eat when I'm back at the house and devising a plan!!!
    I'm hoping to lose this recent gain and another few pounds :)
    A warm welcome to all our new members and welcome to a new month to those who are carrying on from last month. This is a really supportive group, so anything you need, just ask
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I'm travelling tomorrow so getting a head start on the steps for this week!

Sun 21 4,841
    Mon 22 12,143
    Tues 23 15,063
    Wed 24 13,459
    Thur 25 12,565
    Fri 26 12,533

Not sure what my target is but can you make it 10,000 for May. Many thanks
  • MommieJeannie
    MommieJeannie Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Good morning! @Megan_smartiepants1970

NAME Jen
    CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY Saturday
    CURRENT WEIGHT 255
    ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT 285
    ULTIMATE GOAL 185

STEP GOALS: 10K per day
  • MommieJeannie
    MommieJeannie Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Jen, 40 from Florida. Married with 3 kids and 4 dogs, and chickens. I have struggled with weight literally all of my life. I started at 285 in January and would like to get to my first goal weight of 185 by the end of the summer. Then the final 30-50 pounds shouldn’t be a problem after that because living healthy will be a way of life by then.

During covid, I gained at least 50 pounds, but never took it off because I stayed working remotely and my habits never really improved/changed, like my peers who were going back into the office. We did do some RVing during and after covid, and would like to keep that up, because it's great family time!

Well, I recently just got laid off, so now I’m NOT in front of a computer 10 hours+ per day and feel like I’m free to enjoy life more. I don’t know if I want to find another job or not yet, but I’m just focusing on myself, and continuing to homeschool my kids (2 are graduating high school 1 & 3 years early and starting college this fall - very proud mama!), and I’m finishing up preschool with the youngest.

With all of this free time now, I’m looking forward to some me time of working out/yoga, landscaping/garden, taking walks during the day with kids & the dogs, playing and laughing with them more, getting into a happy/healthy lifestyle and good routines to lose this weight for good, and just focus on what truly matters for me…. Ensuring that the oldest 2 become fun/well adjusted adults, and enjoying the little one because they grow up way too fast!

So happy to be here, and get started on my new journey.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Linda, I am 59 (soon to be 60), married with three children and 4 grandchildren. I live in London, Ontario and will have lived here 25 years in a few days. Two of my children live here in London and my youngest lives in Scotland. I have yet to get to Scotland and hope to after my back surgery.

I have been on my weight loss journey for about 5 years. I have lost close to 115 pounds. I am trying to find my ideal goal weight. I would like to lose another 5 to 10 pounds but we will see. Exercise has been a big issue due to my back. I have been working hard on improving my mobility and have gone from short 3 minute mini walks in the apartment to up to 15 minute walks outside. I usually will walk some and rest (Tim Hortons for coffee). Then I walk home. I haven’t used a walking aid in a while which is huge. I can’t wait to see what I can do after surgery. I will be joining a gym after surgery and start weight lifting. I am a type 2 diabetic and I have been on ozempic for about a year. Wait helped with the last 40 pounds but it is still hard work to lose. While I am seeing the benefits with my A1C (5.1), I am not seeing as much of a decrease in my appetite or cravings like I did in the beginning. Like I said, hard work.

My goal for May is to continue working on my walking. I would like to get back swimming but I just don’t have the interest lately. I think walking is my first love and it’s exciting to see the improvements. I will reach goal and learn to navigate maintaining my weight.

Welcome to all the newbies. I hope you find this group as helpful as I have. I have been with the group since the start of my journey. If I had any advice, I would say don’t but an end date for reaching your goal. I have been dieting since I was 26 and this is the first time I have been successful. Not only has the group helped me lose, it also helped me navigate the ups and downs of weight loss. I think losing slowly was the best thing I did. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,527 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Jen, 40 from Florida. Married with 3 kids and 4 dogs, and chickens. I have struggled with weight literally all of my life. I started at 285 in January and would like to get to my first goal weight of 185 by the end of the summer. Then the final 30-50 pounds shouldn’t be a problem after that because living healthy will be a way of life by then.

During covid, I gained at least 50 pounds, but never took it off because I stayed working remotely and my habits never really improved/changed, like my peers who were going back into the office. We did do some RVing during and after covid, and would like to keep that up, because it's great family time!

Well, I recently just got laid off, so now I’m NOT in front of a computer 10 hours+ per day and feel like I’m free to enjoy life more. I don’t know if I want to find another job or not yet, but I’m just focusing on myself, and continuing to homeschool my kids (2 are graduating high school 1 & 3 years early and starting college this fall - very proud mama!), and I’m finishing up preschool with the youngest.

With all of this free time now, I’m looking forward to some me time of working out/yoga, landscaping/garden, taking walks during the day with kids & the dogs, playing and laughing with them more, getting into a happy/healthy lifestyle and good routines to lose this weight for good, and just focus on what truly matters for me…. Ensuring that the oldest 2 become fun/well adjusted adults, and enjoying the little one because they grow up way too fast!

So happy to be here, and get started on my new journey.

I also home schooled my daughter ... we were with K12aka Cava ...I loved and I miss it ...She is now 18
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hi I'm Darlene (iLive2Walk) and am back in May after a break in April. Happy to be returing. I started this weight loss journey in January 2023 - and have lost about 75 pounds so far; have about 10-15 pounds to go. These last few pounds have been struggling to come off - been in the 150 decade range for 4 months now - it is time! Boing Boing Boing - I feel like Tigger!

My goals this month:

👣 Average 17k Steps Daily
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Tai Chi or Yoga 1 day per week
    🫀 Aerobics 3 days per week
    💦 6+ glasses of water
    📖 🎮 or Me Read, play a game or 20 min "me" time daily
    🧂 Stay Under 2300 mg of sodium daily
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    The May Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Apr 28th. Please join us for Challenge Bingo and challenge yourself in many different ways this week (nutrition, fitness, self-care, water intake, etc.) Hope to see you in the chat thread!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914437/may-week-1-group-challenge-challenge-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps for saturday 27th 11,451

Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 28
    Options
    sihl14qzlv6l.jpg

Which do you prefer pancakes or waffles?

I prefer waffles over pancakes
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    i48zrhss1p7q.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Steps:
    i48zrhss1p7q.png

I am missing 4/22
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    ym5vqy745n6a.jpg

2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for April week 4 ... Please have them in no later April 30th so that I can post the results

@lindamtuck2018 4/27
    @aactuallyaash 4/21 - 4/27
    @itladyee 4/27
    @Hotspur11 4/21 - 4/27
    @myhands4God 4/24 - 4/27
    @Trillium54 4/21 - 4/27
    @Stacimfit 4/21 - 4/27
    @lovethyneighbor 4/22
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    sihl14qzlv6l.jpg

Which do you prefer pancakes or waffles?

Waffles over pancakes. Like them crispy on the outside.

• Trillium54
    Trillium54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

4/21: 4120
    4/22: 1787
    4/23: 10.011
    4/24: 4396
    4/25: 2345
    4/26: 1108
    4/27: 9342

Total: 33,109
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 206 Member
    Options

Good morning team mates! A little rain here but it is warm. Rain will just bring out the beautiful flowers! Heading out to Holland, Mi tomorrow for their annual tulip festival. We heard they had an early spring so we decided to go a little early. I always find traveling to be a little tricky to keep monitoring my caloric input. We love to travel so I’ll just need to keep my logging discipline going. 💪🙂👌

This weeks numbers:

Member: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 260.0 lbs
    CW: 261.4 lbs (up 1.4 lbs)

Oh, I will be traveling home next Sunday so my input may be a little late. I’ll get a scale reading before we leave and send it along as soon as I can. Sorry.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »

Good morning team mates! A little rain here but it is warm. Rain will just bring out the beautiful flowers! Heading out to Holland, Mi tomorrow for their annual tulip festival. We heard they had an early spring so we decided to go a little early. I always find traveling to be a little tricky to keep monitoring my caloric input. We love to travel so I’ll just need to keep my logging discipline going. 💪🙂👌

This weeks numbers:

Member: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 260.0 lbs
    CW: 261.4 lbs (up 1.4 lbs)

Oh, I will be traveling home next Sunday so my input may be a little late. I’ll get a scale reading before we leave and send it along as soon as I can. Sorry.

No problem ....enjoy your tulip festival :)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    mu70cmd98ko2.png
    w3iseu7bg1wq.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    s3udaxemd1r9.png

By Pounds
    mqft1z86l5y7.png

Individual Results