Living the Lifestyle: Wednesday, 05/08/2024

misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,531 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Wildcard
Wednesday-misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Non-Scale Victories

Share, if you wish, a non-scale victory that is related to your health.

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,495 Member
    Since I started this time? 325# to 220#. Type 2 Diabetes, with current A1c of 5.3, with no meds for it.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,308 Member
    I had to replace some casual shirts because the collars wore out instead of because they no longer fit.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 1,118 Member
    Mine is similar to Charlie's. I'm replacing shirts with the next lower size.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 3,088 Member
    My pants have gotten too big and I moved in a belt hole. It's amazing what losing 10 pounds can do!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,518 Member
    My Plantar fasciitis really seems to be under control. Like gone. A podiatrist recommended Hoka Gaviota shoes. They are rockers, curved sole, and the soles are a bit wider than normal. It all makes it impossible to overpronate when I walk. This is a very big deal for me. I’ve fought this for 20 years.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,531 Member
    88olds wrote: »
    My Plantar fasciitis really seems to be under control. Like gone. A podiatrist recommended Hoka Gaviota shoes. They are rockers, curved sole, and the soles are a bit wider than normal. It all makes it impossible to overpronate when I walk. This is a very big deal for me. I’ve fought this for 20 years.

I may have to look into this.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 1,044 Member
    88olds wrote: »

I had PF for six miserable months. Now gone with physical therapy exercises, which I continue. My podiatrist also recommended Brooks shoes.