Options
12346»

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    Hello Pals
    Glad we are at least trying , it takes a good bit of time to , for lack of a better term “gel”
    and become a cohesive group , but since these comments are shared and we can all read them , maybe catching up with one another will work very well.

hopefully so, LINIA. i'm not ready to give up on my MFP friends.
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am Mo from Pennsylvania. I see a few names I recognize and names of those I hope to make friends with. I have been with MFP since 2019. I am working on losing weight and getting into shape
  • zebasschick
    Options
    hi there, Mo, and welcome :smiley:
  • britneyd109
    britneyd109 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried MFP free plans? I'm going to try one for the first time. I chose intermittent fasting to help me stop night snacking. To be honest I never used the extras of this site only logging and the news feeds to cheer for everyone.
  • zebasschick
    Options
    Has anyone tried MFP free plans? I'm going to try one for the first time. I chose intermittent fasting to help me stop night snacking. To be honest I never used the extras of this site only logging and the news feeds to cheer for everyone.

i've only used my free account. none of the extras they charge for are of any interest to me. i like to log food, create foods and exercises, log exercises, and now the sadly missed newsfeeed and activity feeds are gone, i spend a little time in the groups and on the forums.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    I still have my newsfeed buy lost a few friends who decided to go, I tried loseit and MyNetDiary which was good it the terms stated they might use your info world wide so I bottled out. Here works for me .
  • zebasschick
    Options
    i didn't like mynetdiary for social, and for my needs, it's hard to beat MFP for logging. over half my friends - and at a guess, at least a hundred other MFPers - headed over to LoseIt, which is now socially probably the best such site/app going, although just like everything, it has its issues. i've been posting both here and there for two weeks.
  • 1AncientSage
    Options
    @zebasschick thank you. Does anyone here do Tai Chi?
  • zebasschick
    Options
    after carrying a 15 pound dumbbell from one hand to the other during a recent treadmill walk, i decided to order a weighted vest. that way i won't have to keep moving the weight from one hand to the other while the empty hand helps keep my balance...
  • 1AncientSage
    Options
    after carrying a 15 pound dumbbell from one hand to the other during a recent treadmill walk, i decided to order a weighted vest. that way i won't have to keep moving the weight from one hand to the other while the empty hand helps keep my balance...
    Let me know how you like it. I am thinking about getting one myself so I am very interested in your thoughts
  • zebasschick
    Options
    Let me know how you like it. I am thinking about getting one myself so I am very interested in your thoughts

i've used them before. if you find one that fits well - some aren't great for people with larger pecs or boobs - they're effective for getting your heartrate up and adding overall effort to walking and jogging, and for those with average or weak legs, walking with them can help build some muscle as well as strength in the ankles.

mine is listed as delivered but is missing, and amazon says to wait 2 days before reporting it...

• 1AncientSage
    Options

i've used them before. if you find one that fits well - some aren't great for people with larger pecs or boobs - they're effective for getting your heartrate up and adding overall effort to walking and jogging, and for those with average or weak legs, walking with them can help build some muscle as well as strength in the ankles.

mine is listed as delivered but is missing, and amazon says to wait 2 days before reporting it...

yes, I was wondering about fitting the boobs into one. I am really considering getting one. I could use extra effort in walking. I absolutely hate when packages go MIA. I hope yours turns up soon

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    edited June 17
    Options
    When I was practicing for the Camino de Santiago (for April 2020 😢) I used a backpack with canned goods equal to the weight I planned to pack.

@1AncientSage i tried tai chi for about a year to please my husband, but it was the physical equivalent of running nails down a chalkboard for me. I finally put my foot down and told him “you do you. I do aquafit for you, but I cannot abide tai chi.” He still goes twice a week and loves it.

Ever since a kid, I’ve been fussed at for being too quick a mover. Tai chi was torture.

I invest that hour in another power yoga class. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • 1AncientSage
    Options
    @springlering62 I am finding it is an acquired taste. I am not only learning the forms but I am also learning how those forms are self defense. My teacher always says Tai Chi isn't slow ...practicing Tai Chi
    is slow.
  • zebasschick
    Options
    tai chi's not a taste i ever acquired, although i didn't give it half as long as spring did. i have friends who absolutely love doing it.
  • 1AncientSage
    Options
    What exercises are your favorites ?
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say when the snow conditions are good, cross country skiing.
  • zebasschick
    Options
    so i tried a weighted vest, but it obviously wasn't made for busty women, so i tried another one. it was... an okay fit, but backwards, it was a perfect fit LOL

i tried it today on a treadmill walk, but 8 pounds wasn't enough weight. i'll try working my way up to a heavier weight...