KateNkognito Posts: 1,551 Member
Summer time here we come! โ›ฑ๏ธ๐Ÿ๏ธ
ยซ1

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks so much for starting the new monthly thread!

Weekend was great! Both days were "cookie cutter" beautiful! Saturday being the better of the two. Not too hot, sunny and just WOW!

Glad you are finding your groove with the new position, @KateNkognito!

Hope you had a great weekend too.

Busy week here. Off to a good start.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just another gloriously boring day! The weekend was busy, but the good kind. I got a lot of things done. My to do list is slowly getting shorter.
    @Meghan509 Glad you had such a great weekend!
    In weight loss related news, I have started losing again in the last week! I even had a salad, plenty of water, and I cooked dinner tonight!
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Stressing a little, I have to say. Prepping for a big meeting next week for 32 people where I will be helping out on-site. Then there's a meeting right after that where I have to prepare a bunch of PowerPoints and binders. It will ALL get done, right?!

Congrats on the weight loss @KateNkognito! Happy to hear it!

Hope you have a good day. I will see you tomorrow. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Things are definitely going a little better than yesterday. I feel I have finally caught up. It's just been so darn busy lately. I got this.

The bright side is my sister, husband, and two kids are coming up from Florida to Connecticut for a family vacation from Thursday, July 11 to Thursday, July 18. I am taking the Monday through Wednesday off and are looking forward to it. :)

Another bright side is we have planned a trip to Curacao for October 13 - October 20 and we booked an amazing looking AirBnb. Three couples are going.

Hope you have a good day @KateNkognito and work is not too, too busy. ;)

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Oops! Somehow I missed yesterday! I had a migraine. I give my body nutrition and rest and it betrays me! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    @Meghan509 Glad you are getting caught up! It WILL all get done, just not all at once. ๐Ÿ˜Š Jealous of your vacation plans. Sounds like a great time!
    I actually cooked again tonight. AND I made a salad for lunch tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I am turning into a not tired, functional adult!
    Have a good rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Good, so glad life is a little less hectic for you @KateNkognito you definitely deserve it!

Another day where things are less crazy here too. Thankful for that!

Next week I will be working off site at a hotel across the driveway from our office. LOL I am spending the night Monday through Wednesday nights. Just easier with such an early start and a long day that goes through dinner. Wednesday PM we are seeing a Broadway Show in NYC!

Enjoying a pretty low key day in the office. First one in a while! I will take it. Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Bonus for next week: no commute traffic! And Broadway?! Sounds like a good time!
    Today is a pretty chill day. Just chugging along. Trying to decide what to do for dinner. I have chicken that I need to use up, but we had chicken last night. Fajitas maybe?
    Have a great Friday Eve! One more day, then the weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Fri-yay! LOL

Yes, good point @KateNkognito no traffic! Whoot! Yep, I am excited about Broadway and NYC as well. Have not ventured in to Manhattan since before Covid. Where does the time go?

Hope you have another chill day today and I do too. I feel like I am in good shape for the meeting next week. Time to "relax" a bit while I can.

Cloudy at the moment but weekend looks nice! Hope you have a nice day and a great weekend. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Made it to Friday! It is quiet today. I am just plugging away. Looking forward to a nice weekend.
    @Meghan509 Best wishes for a nice weekend and a smooth meeting. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Going to finish my grocery list and then get back to work. Have a lovely day!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Did you see that Michael Mosley is missing? I hope they find him, but it doesn't sound good.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks for the news about Michael Mosely. OMG, how sad. Looks like he passed from natural causes or heat exhaustion, depending on what story you read - on a Greek Island. :( Sending positive thoughts and vibes to his family. <3 UGH, life is too short. He was only 67 years old.

Weekend was good. Weather was really nice and beautiful both days. Home today and packing up for a short hotel stay ten miles down the road tonight through Thursday AM where our work meeting will be held. Crazy how quickly this week has come up!

@KateNkognito I am glad your job seems a little less crazy. My job should be much better after I get through this week! My friend and former colleague will start with the company on Monday, June 24. That's when things will finally start to be "normal" for me. Whatever normal means. :# LOLOL

Have a good day and a good week ahead. Will check in while I can, in case it is random this week. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Apparently yesterday got away from me. I hope your conference is going well, @Meghan509!
    Just another day here. I am decidedly unexciting. Going to meet a friend this evening and then go to bed early.
    Have a good week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Day one of our meeting is going well.

Just a quick check in to say hi. Hope you had a nice dinner @KateNkognito! Tonight we are walking to dinner (short walk) and I can't wait to stretch my legs and get some fresh air. Wheeee!

Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    This has been a quick week, so far. Today was... weird. I had the attention span of a squirrel on speed. Hopefully tomorrow will be full of inner peace. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @Meghan509 Hope everything went well and you enjoy Broadway!
    Off to bed with my pupper. He gets grumpy if I don't take him to bed on time. ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Had a response all typed up but my PC froze. UGH! I will keep this short and to the point. :)

Everything went well for the Broadway show and dinner in NYC! Highly recommend Wicked if you ever find yourself in the City and wanting to see a show! Got back to our hotel super late on Wednesday night due to traffic and construction. Sigh...

Thursday was quite the day. After our big meeting wrapped I had to return to the office to print out some PPTs for a meeting next week. Printer was not working. On hold with IT while they tried to fix it. Had to print to another printer on a different floor. Multiple toner cartridges ran out. Binders were too small. 25 presentations going in to 17 binders. Ended up not getting out of work until 7:30pm last night. Thank God I had someone helping me. Just wow. I was trying to avoid having to go in to the office in person today. With that I succeeded.

Today is off to a rocky start but I am planning to make the best of it and shut down a little early so I can get some rest.

Hope your week is going well @KateNkognito and you have a nice weekend and a good Father's Day with your family. :)

We are planning to relax on our patio as much as we can this weekend. Rain and storms tonight but rest of the weekend looks fab.

See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So no inner peace, but a much calmer day. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @Meghan509 I hope you got to have a restful day. Tomorrow is Friday. Looking forward to the weekend. Then next week we have Juneteenth off. I am getting my (late) annual haircut.
    *Funny story: I typed that yesterday, but it didn't post. Still in the comment box though!
    Friday: @Meghan509 I hope you get a nice rest this weekend! You had a long week.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Thanks @KateNkognito the good news is the weekend was wonderful and plenty of R&R! Phew. Hope you had a nice one and a nice father's day celebration. This is our second father's day without my Dad but I did speak to some family yesterday which was nice. <3

Today is much better than Friday was and I have been getting a lot of little things completed.

Glad you have a day off for Juneteenth and a haircut sounds nice! Enjoy! I will be looking forward to little to no traffic on the highway that day, with everybody else off. LOL

Hope the shorter week is good to you! Have a nice one and chat soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    What a busy couple of days! Saturday I spent doing all the adulting things, thinking I would get to chill on Sunday. Nope! Kitchen faucet replacement! We tried to replace it without my husband, so he could relax for Father's Day, but we ended up needing his help because we had to remove the cast iron sink. (Who's idea was cast iron?! Oh, nevermind, it was me.) So today was not only Monday, but I had a headache and sore shoulders from the repair. I need a weekend after my weekend!
    @Meghan509 I was thinking about you and your family this weekend. I hope this week is much less busy than last!
    Going to take some ibuprofen and go to sleep. Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

Too funny @KateNkognito about the faucet and the kitchen! LOL I bet that cast iron sink is gorgeous though! LOL

Hope you are feeling better after a night's sleep!

Thanks for thinking of me on Father's Day. <3

Back working from the office today and going well so far. Will be popping out for a quick errand at the Honda dealer and then back, so I will keep this quick!

Had a good day yesterday and a relaxing night. Going to be hot, hot, hot and HUMID this week so summer dresses and sandals happening here!

Hope you have a good day today and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Day off! And it is raining and cool! Getting my haircut and my chiropractor appointment in a while. Then I plan on snuggling up with the dog and reading a book.
    @Meghan509 It is supposed to get stupidly hot next week. I am thinking about going shopping on my way home today. I feel the need for a couple of new summer shirts. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Have a lovely day!