Monthly Post for June 2024

Options
2Β»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Hope you are enjoying your day off @KateNkognito! The good news for me was the traffic was non existent this morning! Door to door in fifteen minutes. Weeee!

Enjoy your book and time with doggie. <3 Hope you got some nice shirts!

Hot, hot, hot here! Figured out that I can blow dry my hair first thing in the AM which helps me stay cool, rather then doing it right before I leave. Since our house is very old we don't have central air so blow drying with A/C on is a no no. Fuse box not happy! LOL

Quiet day at work. Lots of people off today or working remotely. Planning on getting out of here a little early tonight!

Hope your day goes well and the rest of the week is easy! See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Hope you had a nice day off yesterday @KateNkognito! It was close to a day off for me! Office was very quiet and traffic was kind in both directions. :)

Hot, hot, hot here STILL! Looks like it will be that way for a good week or so. Some thunder storms expected here and there. Hopefully it cools things off.

Not much going on here which is fine by me. New office manager / receptionist starts on Monday! Woo hoo!

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Friday! I didn't get to go shopping, but I got to have lunch with my sons after my appointments. 😊
    @Meghan509 Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day! Woo hoo for a nice commute!
    Didn't sleep well last night, so going to bed early. Have a happy Friday!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Woke up about 5:30 and thought it was Saturday! Dozed off for an hour until my alarm went off. It took me a minute to figure out that nothing was wrong with the alarm, it's Friday, not Saturday. 😯
    Just had my salad for lunch and a little bit of chocolate to make myself feel better.
    Have a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

LOL too funny @KateNkognito I kept waking up this morning to go to the bathroom and I woke up with a headache. Booo... I blame hormones!

Not a whole lot going on here which is fine by me! Had a dental appointment at 11am today and nobody was looking for me while I was gone! LOL

Another hot one here and not supposed to improve until NEXT Saturday! Oh boy! Pony tail weather. LOL

Nothing planned this weekend other than staying cool. :) Hope you have a nice weekend!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Weekend went by very fast. Not even sure where the time went. At least Monday is behaving itself. *Knocks on wood* Traffic was moving fast and it is already noon.
    @Meghan509 I hope you had a good weekend and the new office manager makes your job a lot easier!
    Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Here in the office physically today and it is funny how our parking garage has A LOT less cars in it today! But, traffic was still silly! That's okay! Yes, our new office manager started today! And we took her out to lunch! Woot!

Glad you had a nice weekend @KateNkognito! Yes, our weekend was pretty quiet and uneventful. Mostly spent trying to figure out how to not get over heated! LOL

Have a good rest of the day and I will see you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Tuesday is here. Traffic was a holy hot mess this morning. :( One of those days where I spend almost my whole time in the car, just trying to get on the highway. UGH.

The good news is it is sunny out and it is hot, but LESS HUMID! My hair is still being a jerk though. LOL

Hope your day is going well, @KateNkognito! Hoping the rest of the day behaves here. :) See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Wednesday!

Today's commute was definitely a little better. I ended up taking a different route to avoid construction and the *kitten* storm of traffic just trying to get on to the highway. Phew.

Hoping for a quiet day. So far pretty good.

Our new office manager / receptionist is working out well. We are trying not to bombard here with too much information. LOL

Hope you have a good day. Hot and HUMID here. My hair is not behaving. LOL See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I have no idea where this week has gone! Nothing crazy, just has been a fast one!
    Traffic here has been weirdly good the last couple of days. No idea why, but I'll take it!
    @Meghan509 Glad your receptionist is helping you! LOL on not bombing her with information. That's how I felt when I was started my new job! Hopefully she can dive in and lend a hand. 😊
    Weather forecast for this week was just HOT! πŸ”₯It is supposed to cool off a little tonight, but then ramp back up. Must be summer in the Midwest. LOL
    Have a great rest of the week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just chugging along today. Planning on a 36 hour fast for Saturday into Sunday. I might break it up with a small meal Sunday evening. I need a reset for my system and modified ADF generally does the trick.
    I can't believe it is almost July! Where did the month go?!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Feels like Friday to me since I am working remotely today! I honestly don't mind a Thursday and Friday at home now and then. :)

The weather has finally gotten a little less hot and humid here. Had some h*llish storms last night and the wind had knocked our plastic Adirondack chairs off the front porch, but other than that no damage and we are lucky we did not lose power at all. Seems others in Connecticut did. Yikes. :(

We are invited over a friend's house in New Jersey for Saturday but it is looking like PM showers, so not sure if the get together will be a go or not. They have a pool so not an ideal day to be outside. We shall see. Looking forward to seeing everybody but not for the drive. Sigh...

I hope that the humidity is not too much of a beast you @KateNkognito! Yes, Monday is July 1st - where did June go? Good luck with your fast! Hope it works well and you have a nice loss.

I am off for 7/4 and took a vacation day for 7/5. Looking forward to a nice Independence Day week and weekend! Hoping for nice weather for both of us!

Have a good rest of the day and a good evening. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Fri-yea!

Things are going well here. I have a short week and time off on my mind. :)

Going to go in to the office on Tuesday and that's it for next week. Remote Monday and Wednesday and off Thursday and Friday!

Beautiful and less humid of a day here. Birds are hanging out on the bird feeder right outside my window which makes me happy. :)

Hope you have a good day and a nice weekend! Stay cool @KateNkognito! The humidity is coming back tomorrow for us, bah!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Friday! Busy day tomorrow, then relax on Sunday. I have Thursday off, next week, but since this is a new job, I don't have the leave time to take Friday off. However, the office will be super empty, so it won't be bad at all. Might bring a book. πŸ˜‰
    Enjoy your weekend, @Meghan509! I hope the weather holds for your get together. Unless you secretly want to stay home, then I hope it doesn't. 😊
    It was supposed to get super hot here, but so far, the clouds have stuck around. Fingers crossed it stays cooler.
    Looking forward to my long fast. I will be hangry and cranky, but I will feel better afterwards.
    Have a great weekend!