Week 10 Paris, France - Team Spirit & Salt off the Table

kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,316 Member
This posting is for information only. PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS ON YOUR CHALLENGE TEAM PAGE. And post questions and comments on your team’s discussion board. Thanks!

🌎️Challenge #10 Saturday, June 8 - Friday, June 14🌎️
✈️DESTINATION - Paris, France 6,000 Miles - Team Spirit & Salt off the Table

The challenge begins on Saturday morning. Exercise & Salt off the Table & Water done before SATURDAY DOES NOT COUNT!!!!

France is the most visited country in the world with 100 million annual visitors, and Paris is the most visited city in the world. So let's scratch “Paris” off our bucket list now. Known as the “City of Lights” or the “City of Love,” the streets of Paris overflow with history, vibrant culture, art, fashion, beauty, and gastronomy. Thomas Jefferson once said “a walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of life.” And our timing is great, to be here for a sneak peak before the 2024 Olympic Games in July!

Let's lace up our runners and walk down the Parisian streets to find the best places to eat, explore, shop, and be entertained. Some of the museums and galleries stay open until midnight and host an array of cultural shows and events. There might be film screenings at the Louvre Museum, string quartets at the Carnavalet Museum, late-night modern art exhibits at the Pompidou Centre and contemporary dance at the Orsay Museum.

On Rue Montorgueil and Rue Saint-Rustique catch a glimpse of old village life, where Parisians still shop for their daily needs. It's lined with cafés, bistros, produce stands, fish stores, pastry shops, and bakeries, many of which have been around since the 19th century.

A 'must see' is the Mona Lisa, the most famous painting in the world, displayed in the Louvre, the largest and most-visited museum in the world, with 9 million annual visitors. To see the most, visit with a tour guide.

Enjoy it all; the trendy shopping streets, art galleries, book stores, chocolatiers, bistros, or the street scenes with outside cafes, chess players, and Parisians strolling by with their dogs. Stand before the Eiffel Tower in awe, or search out the best crepes along the Seine. Paris the city that captures millions of hearts.

⭐Interesting Facts About Paris

Eiffel Tower was to be a temporary installation built for the 1889 World Fair
Visitors to the Eiffel Tower climb 1,665 steps to the top or take the elevator
There are 6,100 streets in Paris
No stops signs since 2016, right-of-way is the rule
The French army was the first to use camouflage in war in 1915
Rungis International Food Market is larger than the Principality of Monaco
Officials removed over 45 tonnes of love locks from the Pont Des Arts bridge
37 bridges cross the River Seine
170 miles of underground tunnels (Catacombs)
There are more dogs than children in Paris
Visitors spend 35 million nights in Parisian hotels each year

thialgxv9kz7.png
a7aj3odzvkp5.png
📝Living the Good Life - Team Spirit & Salt off the Table

The focus of the 5% Challenges, is the support of a caring active team so you will be more successful. Let's chat with our teammates for support and stay connected. Find your team’s chat thread and participate. Make your chat a conversational/interactive communication. Let your team know that you read their comments and that you are sharing your day with them too. If you are busy and don’t have time to read/catch up on all the chat since you last posted, that’s ok. But take a moment to post and let them know you are busy at the moment, but do let them know how you are doing. If your chat gets quite busy it’s ok to just read and respond to the last 3 posts.

Tips: If you are new to chatting you can share a funny story or joke, encourage a teammate, ask questions, share what you are doing for fun, your Non-Scale Victory (NSV), progress with your dietary or fitness goals, or post a nutritious recipe you made recently, information about MFP like how to update your profile, your plans for the weekend, or something you like about a teammate. Note: MFP allows you only one hour to edit your comment:.

Keep in touch with your team till you join your individual Summer Team.

Accept or send a friend request to your leaders so they can send you MFP mail and invitations, as they can only be shared amongst friends. It is important to friend Ceriusly1 so she can get you on your Summer Team. As many of you have already done, please friend me too kaliswalker

Did you know that 5% Challengers can also blog? ✍️🖊️📓💻 Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ BLOGGERS!! ✍️🖊️📓💻 If you would like to join the team please send a message to Heidi hicim705. Remember you have to friend her so she can receive your message.
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143978-️-️-seasonal-5-challenges-bloggers-️-️

When you blog you can copy the link to your team chat and your teammates can go there and read it, or you can copy your blog to your team.

🌟Now take a moment and join the 2024 SUMMER 5% COMMUNITY TEAM. Plz select your team. There will be countdown activities posted in Community. The Summer Challenge starts July 20th 2024!

Here is the link to the 2024 5% SUMMER COMMUNITY TEAM which starts July 20th. Plz join now.
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146648-2024-5-summer-community-team-plz-join-us

❓❓How am I going to find my invitation to my 2024 Summer 5% Challenge Team?

1) Please keep in touch with your team here and details will be posted there.
2) Your challenge team invitation will be sent to you in MFP mail. We sometimes have an issue with people not finding their team invitations.
3) Look for it on MyFitnessPal, your Home Page (first one you see when you open MFP), in the top middle of the page in an envelope. There are friend requests too.
4) Or when you click on Community in the top right you will see a bell - in the top right. It is very important to set your preferences (if you haven't already). "Notify me when I am invited to a group".

If you have questions or need help, please go to your team chat to ask.

This week enjoy socializing with your team!

🌟Build healthy forever habits - Support is mutual with people who share your goals and dreams.

✔️To Score Points
1) Team Spirit - For each day you participate in Team Chat, score 10 points for the day. No chat no points.
2) Salt off Table = 10 points for the whole day no added salt at table. All or nothing.

🏆 Summary of Living the Good Life

Record all exercise minutes. It's 6,000 Team Exercise Minutes/Air miles. DAILY INDIVIDUAL MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/miles.

Scoring: 1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile

Living the Good Life

1. Team Spirit = 10 points for the day. No chat no points.
2. Salt off Table = 10 points for the whole day no added salt at table

We will record this on one thread. (example)

My Exercise: 30
My Team Spirit: 10
My Salt off Table = 10

****Remember if for any reason your health does not allow you to participate in a challenge please do not attempt it. Always follow your doctor's orders.