I'm here because there is no newsfeed anymore

Options
leanstrongsexy
leanstrongsexy Posts: 49 Member
Hello Everyone,
I'm from Southwestern Ontario, Canada. Since I only figured out today what happened to the newsfeed, which I hate that it ended, I am looking for people to keep me motivated. I have set my mind to this being the year for me to lose the weight finally. My birthday was a week ago today, I turned 59. I have been trying, not very hard, to lose this weight for 31 years. I would have a good week maybe a month and then fall into bad habits again. I decided on my birthday that I am determined to do this right before I turn 60. I figured if I lose a pound a week I could get to my goal weight easily. So in the first week I have lost 2 pounds. When I weighed in last week I was 239 today I was 237.

Replies

• MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this brand-new group. I never used the "Groups" feature so it's all a mystery to me so far.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    I hope we can just keep adding to this thread. Please send a message to any of your friends who might be interested. I've always enjoyed replies in my friends' feeds but never friended those folks.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10918152/daily-discussion#latest
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This is so me! I lost 4+ stone in the first year of using mfp c. 10 years ago and then put it on again and I've struggled with motivation ever since 😔
  • MonaLisaLianne
    Options
    It seems like once I knew I *could* do it, I got lax about actually doing it. Right now I'm just wanting to maintain below my personal "danger number." My household makes it tough because the 3 of us all seem to have different meal times. I have to just think about me for a while, instead of the boys, for a bit.