Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,270 Member
edited August 4 in Social Groups
7a1xb0lwe39m.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs for five weeks, from June 30 - August 3.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get July on the road!

Replies

• kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 129 Member
    I would like to join the step challenge for July! My goal is going to be 10,000 steps a day. I either like to walk around my neighborhood or the treadmill so I can catch up on TV shows!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,404 Member
    scu9d7w1v8lm.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8 or Pupowl) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if no explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple! Please be aware though, you're making a commitment to post your steps every 2-3 days, which helps the Captains keep the stats caught up. If you're not willing to do this, please do not sign up. (THANKS!!)

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    The July Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jun 30th. Join us for the Drink More Water Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919061/july-week-1-group-challenge-drink-more-water-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited June 30
    Hey Shape Shifters; I'm an empty nester, married 33 years; both me and my husband work remote from home; my son and daughter-in-law moved 4 houses down the street from us and are expecting their first baby - a girl in possibly at theendofJuly!; my youngest son lives in Atlanta,
    GA with his fiancee - they are getting married in September destination wedding in CO - to be married on a mountain
    My husband is Type 1 diabetic from his Stage 1 pancreatic cancer as they removed 2/3 of his pancreas 2 years ago in April. He is currently in remission from pancreatic cancer but has residual effects from chemo - neuropathy in both feet plus other nerve damage issues from herniated disk 11yrs ago
    I'm also dealing with elder parents in assisted living
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,849 Member
    Hi Shape Shifters. I'm 75, divorced, living alone in my home town in California's Central Valley. I have 3 siblings all of whom have offspring, but I have no children of my own. I enjoy a variety of music, and I play the acoustic guitar.

I exercise a lot but I'm quite sedentary otherwise. I currently do yoga, Pilates, Yang tai chi, strength training, swimming, cardio (mostly water aerobics), and walking. I'd like to start doing more running and mountain biking, and maybe pickleball.

I'm struggling with my weight these days after losing a good amount two years ago:
    Max weight (7/10/2020): 330
    Anniversary #1 weight (7/10/2021): 243 (lost 87 pounds first year)
    Anniversary #2 weight (7/10/2022): 226 (lost 18 pounds second year)
    Anniversary #3 weight (7/10/2023): 242 (gained 16 pounds third year)
    Anniversary #4 weight (7/10/2024): ~257 (gained ~15.4 pounds fourth year)
    Goal Weight: 220 ±5; Hopefully, I'll get there during year 5.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,429 Member
    I'd like to be added to step challenge
    6,000/day
    I like to walk around my neighborhood with a forest path nearby
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,849 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 6/28: 13,079
    Sat 6/29: 10,314

I'd like to stick with this goal for the July step challenge.
    Favorite places during July will be a "rails-to-trails" path near my gym, two parks near my house, or a trail beside a creek.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,467 Member
    looneycatblue
    Sunday, Jun 30th
    PW: 171.8
    CW: 171.8

I've just been bouncing around with the same few pounds for the past 4+ months. I've been really out-of-sorts for a long while... just trying to keep my head above water. I will focus more this month on water, tracking and steps.

Best of luck to all of us for the month of July! Only 6 months left for 2024. I'm hoping to make the best of it... baby steps though, not all at once. <3
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,467 Member
    @jessicakrall8

Please add me to step challenge
    Daily step goal: 10,000

Are we starting today, 6/30?
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,921 Member
    @looneycatblue Yes, the step challenge for this month runs from June 30 / August 3.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,921 Member
    The daily card:
    This set still has a lot of cards left and I think it is the most boring one, so I will be grabbing two from this set from now on.

mushw2h7u7ku.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Hi, I missed a couple days of steps, my FB wasn't synching. :-/

Friday: 5754
    Saturday: 7108
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,492 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    qmfmqzjf2djh.png
    q9lsp7vitncx.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    2we81g69syfl.png

By Pounds
    1jn9jbkfc64u.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    qvkprpu3gqu0.png

By Pounds
    h65mhbjwawjo.png
    wnbqeey5jgrc.png

Team Winners
    g0mixb0rj0ku.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    vrrujpn4eier.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,492 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    yglcmcf9o8w2.png
    al7ujehhf14p.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    u0o889ss95fg.png

By Pounds
    94krpyubo48x.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    mgqwfmjeqach.png

By Pounds
    jol7uvudv29u.png
    hd3obyrlf6p5.png

Team Winners
    cebcejmelfuf.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    t7csfyec3lkn.png
  • jessicakrall8
    edited June 30
    ejqbg9k9kk4k.jpg
    CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS FROM LAST WEEK! WTG!!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.