Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• Selena280
    Selena280 Posts: 9 Member
    I added exercise and suddenly i stopped losing weight but gained a pound which is strange to me
  • TashieB24
    TashieB24 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello,

My steps (have been dismal)
    04/07 1771
    05/07 750
    06/07 2685
    07/07 220
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,985 Member
    bkserntccpev.gif
    We're missing two weigh-ins for this week:
    @angmarie28
    @DaffyGirl88

Please post ASAP as stats begin early tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Jessica

@jessicakrall8 I thought that I'd asked to be moved to support for a while? Between vacation and work travel I wasn't going to be near a scale. Throw in the pike breaking and my MIL entering hospice I haven't even thought about getting on a scale. I am back home (temporarily) now and ready to begin again. I apologize for any confusion.
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345 Posts: 129 Member
    @kkay2345 You signed up for the step challenge, but haven't posted any steps all week. Please post your steps from 6/30 to present. FYI, we ask that you commit to posting every 2-3 days so we can keep up on the stats. Thanks!
    Jessica

I have been out of town with really spotty WiFi and couldn’t get my posts to go through. I have all my steps tracked and will post when I get home from work and have more time!
  • kkay2345
    kkay2345
    Sunday
    PW: 183.6
    CW: 186.6

I was traveling all day the day before weigh in and my ankles were so swollen. I am hoping a lot of this is just water weight and will go down quickly this week!!! 🤞🤞🤞

I will be back after work to update my steps and do the weekly challenge.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,446 Member
    Congratulations @JenHul! 🎉🎉🎉

Thanks for sharing what you learned along the way. It’s always great to hear strategies and tips from people who are able to meet and maintain their goal weights.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,429 Member
    Sure could use some Shape Shifters in this week's Group Challenge...so far, I'm the ONLY one in here...talking to myself like a mad woman! Join me, please?!! :blush:

Jessica

Hi
    I just joined; however, there are things that I'm not able to do so posting what I'm able
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,921 Member
    @JenHul Congrats! Are you still happy with 123 as your goal weight? If you are ready, we can move you to the 'in the goal zone' section. You just need to give us a weight range you want to stay in. If you go outside that range for more than 2 weeks, you will move back to the regular team. You still weigh in weekly unless that doesn't work for you of course.
  • Pupowl
    @DaffyGirl88 I saw we had you excused for last month, but nothing for the past week. I can't find a post about it, maybe we missed it. I am sorry you have been having a rough time and it is nice to have you back!
  • Pupowl
    @Selena280 That could just be because you are holding onto some water! Keep going and I am sure that weight will come off in no time.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,949 Member
    tahm42
    Monday weigh in
    PW: 241
    CW:244
    Sugar over load. Birthday celebration for my grand. Did not over eat but carbs were out of whack so I know this is water.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 979 Member
    My steps
    7/6 5,961
    7/7 12,286
    I was pleased to lose some of my holiday weight.😄 I didn't eat very well this weekend as we had a family party for my great nephew's 18th birthday.The only food available was pizza so I had no choice of what to eat.
    @CasandraW I'm glad your results were positive & hope your treatment goes well.
    @JenHul Congratulations on reaching your goal 👏 I bet you're so happy.You persevered & got there in the end.Good luck with maintaining.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    Selena280 wrote: »
    I added exercise and suddenly i stopped losing weight but gained a pound which is strange to me

@selena280 Anytime you change your normal routine, the body takes a bit to understand what's going on...stick with your plan...be careful with your portion sizes (that's what always gets me!!!) and the science HAS to win out eventually...great week!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,414 Member
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW:125.5
    CW: 123 GOAL!!!

WOW! I have reached my GOAL weight that I set for myself over 8 years ago. In May of 2023, I really started focusing on my health, with my plantar fascitis and tired of being overweight, I started walking back and forth to work (weather permitting) and upping my protein intake. I watched my portion sizes and drank more water. It took 1 year and 2 months to reach my goal weight.

Now I just need to maintain this weight, and try to tone or something to get rid of this loose skin. I know I won't be able to get rid of all of it, but I would like for some of it to tone up or go away lol

Now that I have reached goal do I still weigh in every week?

id1q8g1dz4lf.png

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Wow...how amazing you must feel! That's awesome!!!
    Jessica

• kkay2345
    JenHul wrote: »
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in
    PW:125.5
    CW: 123 GOAL!!!

WOW! I have reached my GOAL weight that I set for myself over 8 years ago. In May of 2023, I really started focusing on my health, with my plantar fascitis and tired of being overweight, I started walking back and forth to work (weather permitting) and upping my protein intake. I watched my portion sizes and drank more water. It took 1 year and 2 months to reach my goal weight.

Now I just need to maintain this weight, and try to tone or something to get rid of this loose skin. I know I won't be able to get rid of all of it, but I would like for some of it to tone up or go away lol

Now that I have reached goal do I still weigh in every week?

Congratulations on reaching your goal!!! 🎉🎉🎉 I can’t wait until I can say the same someday!
  • kkay2345
    My steps:

6/30 - 8922
    7/1 - 7930
    7/2 - 1635
    7/3 - 2854
    7/4 - 2720
    7/5 - 13,263
    7/6 - 10,785
    7/7 - 2845
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,446 Member
    edited July 9
    @JenHul - When team members reach their goal, they continue to weigh in weekly and report it as a ‘maintenance’ weigh for support and accountability staying within whatever target they set for themselves.

My goal is 125 pounds, with a target maintenance level of 120-130, but some people set the range smaller or larger. @Jessicakrall8 and @pupowl will note your target in their records — I’ll be cheering for you to stay within your target! I’m no longer ‘in the goal zone, but I hope to get there by the end of 2025. Thanks for the inspiration!

In addition to this group, the F2F challenge teams formed a support group for people who have reached their goal, recognizing that sustaining the loss is a whole new learning experience. You can introduce yourself to that group and participate here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Congratulations, again! 🎉🎉🎉
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,985 Member
    Good morning Shape Shifters! Still getting caught up both at home and at work.

Sunday Stpes: 4572
    Monday Steps: 9229

Stay cool out there!
This discussion has been closed.