Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Sunday steps
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,839 Member
    I finally got out at 6:30 this morning, and I walked to get a morning coffee and cinnamon roll. They were itty bitty Two-Bite Cinnamon Rolls, so I had 4 x 2 bites = 8 bites.
    Meanwhile, this roadrunner decided to hop a ride in a Park Ranger's vehicle...
    q2dytm8e3xxb.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,433 Member
    @looneycatblue and @PatriceFitnessPal Thanks for your kind words. I did stay home today...feeling slightly better, but not 100% so I'm resting today and will go back tomorrow. As I get older, I just don't bounce back as fast as I used to do...another "benefit" of aging :neutral: ...

I was able to do a little walking around the house yesterday so hit my step goal yesterday and slept really well...doing today's walking in little pieces of time (15 here, 15 there)...

Hope you guys have a great day today!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,436 Member
    @frankwbrown - Adorable photo of the road runner bird — Thanks for sharing it!

I’m glad you’re feeling better today @jessicakrall8 !

I was feeling optimistic that I’d stay within my calorie target today and then my husband wanted to order Chinese food tonight for dinner. I asked my son if he wanted the takeout order or one of my ideas for dinner, but I knew what he’d choose because he really likes the Chinese food from our favorite place in the neighborhood and he says he can’t find a place he likes close to his campus. So, it feels like a treat to eat from the local favorites while he’s here for the summer.

I shouldn’t have agreed to that idea, but I told myself I’d limit tonight’s portion and have some of the leftover items for lunch tomorrow. I didn’t eat as much as past dinners but I was over my daily target by about 300 calories. I’m fairly confident I can salvage my weekly average so I’m not going to beat myself up over it — just a lesson learned for next time. I hope everyone had a good Monday!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,839 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/21: 13,426
    Mon 7/22: 12,999
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    @frankwbrown I agree with @PatriceFitnessPal that roadrunner bird is so cute.Ive never seen one only the cartoon version Beep Beep !😄
  • DaffyGirl88
    Good afternoon, a little late today, busy trying to get caught up at the office. Anyway...
    Monday steps
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,433 Member
    Hi All:
    Thanks for the kind words while I was sick...went back to work and had a wonderful and productive day. Hope you all had a wonderful day too! Storming here currently so not staying long but wanted to send a note and say thanks. This team is wonderful!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 974 Member
    @jessicakrall8 glad you're feeling better :🥰
    My steps
    7/20 6,827
    7/21 15,719
    7/22 10,554
    7/23 24,276
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,416 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW: 163.1
    CW: 163.8
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,416 Member
    Steps
    7/21 5,135
    7/22 6 859
    7/23 5,366
  • DaffyGirl88
    Hi all! Tuesday steps: 9390

Taking me a while to get back in the groove...hopefully soon.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    I thought of the roadrunner cartoon, too, @izzyred9400. Your “beep, beep” cracked me up 😂🤣😂

The talk of birds is reminding me to go back and look at some of @Pupowl’s great photo shots.

Tomorrow, I’m taking a short camping trip with my husband and younger son. I’ll welcome bird sightings and other natural surroundings but I’d prefer not to run into any bears or rattlesnakes while we’re in West Virginia. We’ll return on Saturday and then my older son is coming for another visit from Boston. He’s been working at a local university program and the students will finish their summer session on Friday. So, he’ll be here Sunday through mid-August. It will be nice to have everyone together until both our sons return to school for their Fall semesters.

My cousin and her family are stopping here again this weekend so we’ll have a full house. It’s always a bit motivating for me to have visitors because I get a little decluttering done each time. Downsizing/decluttering is a goal of mine this year so any progress feels good, even if it’s just a minor one.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 24
    I’m gradually learning more about my Garmin watch, and trying to remember to set the watch to track certain activities like outdoor rowing. It was good to find out that my rowing workout isn’t burning as many calories as the MFP exercise selection (canoeing, rowing) estimates. It’s a bit disappointing to learn about the discrepancy but it will improve the accuracy of my tracking so that’s better in the long run. Now I can make the necessary adjustments by moving more or consuming fewer calories. 🧐
  • DaffyGirl88
    @PatriceFitnessPal I was in WV earlier this month and was hugely disappointed that I didn't see a bear. Our cabin was even on Black Bear Lane so I had high hopes. :D
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    Steps 🚶‍♀️
    Sun 7/21 12,456
    Mon 7/22 8,136
    Tue 7/23 1,292 (not feeling well)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 684 Member
    Wednesday Weigh-In

PW: 214.7
    CW: 216.7
    LTD: 35.9 lbs

Still struggling to get back on track after vacation seven weeks ago. Up and down by a few pounds over and over. In the past, vacations have put me so off track that I've given up. Not this time. I'll get back on track and stay on track eventually. I hope it is sooner rather than later. I must!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @PatriceFitnessPal I was in WV earlier this month and was hugely disappointed that I didn't see a bear. Our cabin was even on Black Bear Lane so I had high hopes. :D

You’re brave @DaffyGirl88! I saw a bear while visiting Yosemite but it was the perfect distance away, and it was more Interested in some nearby garbage (secured in a bear-proof container). I had been doing archery in that area with one son and we wanted to show the other son. The bear walked past the exact spot where we had been but we saw it approaching from a safe (but close) distance. I moved behind a wall to take a picture and my son said, “Mom, aren’t we supposed to run away from the bear instead of toward the bear?!” 😂🐻😂 I definitely don’t want to encounter one too close to the campground! We’re going to Monongahela National Forest. Our friends go annually and have seen bears there. It’s a pretty remote part of the park but they have family members who live nearby so they have a lot more knowledge than I do. I’m a city girl from Boston so I’ll rely on their expertise in WV. If they need to avoid rats or cockroaches, I might be able to help more. 😂🤣😂
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 25
    Hello, Shape Shifters! Here’s my weekly weigh-in report —

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 147.2
    CW: 147.4

SW: 168
    LtD: 20.6

My target weight range is 125-130. So, I have about 20 pounds to lose. I was happy with my workouts this week but had too many calories. This week, I’ll concentrate on eating more fiber rich food, like fruit and vegetables. Best wishes for a week of progress toward achieving your goals, Shape Shifters!
This discussion has been closed.