Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2024

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,916 Member
    Missing several weigh ins this week. Please check in asap! Also remember that you can change your weigh in day if it doesn't work for you.
    @gharvey2753 @Selena280 @kcpond @pedal__power @partyof7
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,433 Member
    Next week's group challenge is live and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jul 21st. Please join us for the Hot Weather Workout Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10920369/july-week-4-group-challenge-hot-weather-workout-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,839 Member
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.5
    CW 197.0

I’m ok with that because it’s my birthday week, my daughter came in town for a few days and my husband just came back from a medical mission trip to Belize.

Many thanks to Patrice for passing along last week’s numbers when my app was being wonky! Hopefully I can post today.

My daughter and I spent the 4th in Las Vegas to see Dead and Company at the Sphere. What an amazing venue! One year ago I was recovering from knee replacement surgery but on the day before the concert, I walked 9.2 miles!

The bummer news is that since I got home I developed an abscessed tooth. Went to an endodontist today and now I must quickly decide if I will attempt a root canal or just have the tooth pulled and go through the process of getting an implant. Some days it just feels like Whack a Mole- I get one thing under control and something else pops up.

In any event, if I can get this post to work, I may share a concert pic later.

Have a great weekend, y’all!

I am so envious! 😂
    A great band at what looks like an incredible venue!
  • Pupowl
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Yesterday was very hot again. I did manage to get my walk done though. I went to the grocery store after to get some food. Thankfully managed to only buy what I needed this time. I worked on my puzzle and I did a bunch of gaming and reading. My headache was really bad and turned into a migraine, so I had to take a nap in the afternoon. Also my bedroom was horribly hot at night so I didn't manage to sleep on time. Besides that, my day was alright. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    6ot67sjo1dax.jpg
    eyvkuud9nfw3.jpg
    8dx779ux1nvg.jpg
    383v8zhbrsvy.jpg
    p8d8f53s3je4.jpg
  • Pupowl
    The daily card:
    We are all born unique. If you love and respect your body, you will naturally take care of it. Learn to listen to your body and hear what it is trying to tell you. Start at your toes. Notice how they feel. Move up and out. Embrace the sensations in your legs, arms, stomach, neck and head. Do this regularly, and you will start to understand when your body feels tired, energetic, hungry or relaxed.

efurz03l175o.jpg
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 217 Member
    pedal__power
    PW 212
    CW 211.4

Sorry for the late weigh in!
    The temperature is looking nice for today. Heading out for a walk and going to do some gardening. Enjoy your day!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,471 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    k2ltn8hrrcf0.png
    svtxxfcmfiga.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    0vf8iuy1i3zx.png

By Pounds
    nvhv7oc1xekp.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    441hvnnjmtf0.png

By Pounds
    rif5ts8drajj.png

Team Winners
    atvk6vn64pvc.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    4sdjq7tnusjl.png
  • frankwbrown
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 7/19: 10,563
    Sat 7/20: 10,247
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,433 Member
    edited July 21
    ld3t0fufkthn.jpg
    CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND TEAM AS A WHOLE!!! Great job all!
    Jessica
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm sick in bed today with a sore throat and earache...UGH
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 oh no! I hope you feel better soon.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Saturday steps

Sunday, another day spent driving for 9 hours. I am so tired of being in the car. 😔
  • frankwbrown
    I reserved a swim lane from 11 to 12 today. When I got there, I found that all 3 pools (indoor 4-lane swim pool, indoor exercise pool, and outdoor pool) were ALL closed! I got no notification of that fact. 😡

Apparently, the chlorinator machine is on the blink, and is being worked on.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,465 Member
    Steps 🚶‍♀️
    Wed 7/17 12,236
    Thu 7/18 8,703
    Fri 7/19 9,146
    Sat 7/20 5,904
  • looneycatblue
    edited July 21
    looneycatblue
    Sun, Jul 21
    PW: 169.8
    CW: 168.8 :)
    I have joined another group, 100 day challenge, where you weight-in and post daily. I know this strategy is not for everyone, but so far I like how it is keeping me more focused, everyday... rather than slumping, and then trying to make up at the end of the week before this weekly accountability. Happy Sunday Everyone!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,416 Member
    Steps
    7/17 6,745
    7/18 5,732
    7/19 6,286
    7/20 9,036
  • looneycatblue
    I'm sick in bed today with a sore throat and earache...UGH
    Jessica

I hope that you're doing better. If not, I hope you can call out from work. Hugs
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,436 Member
    I hope you feel better soon @jessicakrall8.

@DaffyGirl88 - You seem to do a great job balancing out your travel days with activity, but summer travel can be so painfully slow and exhausting. Hang in there!

That’s so frustrating, @franwbrown! I hope it’s fixed soon and they improve their communication.

I like to weigh myself daily, too, @looneycatblue. I’m glad it’s working for you!

Nice steps, everyone! Keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.