AUGUST 2024 CHALLENGES - 08/01 - 08/31

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,794 Member
    We had Collin Duty this morning then I had a 60 min workout w/my trainer then we had Ronan after school. Now I'm reading and eating a banana w/pb!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 7,000 Member
    Chris banana with peanut butter, sounds divine.

Kathy I sure hope you fell better soon.

Tired. Gym today
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Monday was an upper body strength session and 30 minutes on the recumbent. Today I’m preparing for mon’d 88th birthday tomorrow. She seems to have a general feeling of malaise and we’re going to do everything to perk her up and have a wonderful birthday.

This is so hard. 😔

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Kathy, I hope your mom feels better. Happy 88th Birthday to her!! Amazing!
    Shelley, it's one of my favorite snacks!
    Younger Grandson Duty this morning then Older Grandson Duty after school!!
    Cleaned house for our Housekeeper!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy I hope she snaps out of it. I often wonder how I will be as I age. It is so hard. Hugs to you both. PS keep doing your strength routine.

Chris I will never cease to giggle at your cleaning for the housekeeper.

I had cell extraction today. Then did some pushups and planks.

Chris remember our plank challenge? Sure wish I could remember how long I made it

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Shelley...that was a loooong time ago!! I got to a minute using the workout bench today. I do not get to get down on the floor anymore because I can not get up!! My knees suck! I used two big fluffy pillows day before yesterday to help Collin look under the bed for his missing Ninja Turtle balls...such a huge mistake! I should take out stock in Aspercreme rub. :D Egads, man!!
    What is 'cell extraction'?
    We had Collin Duty this morning then I had a 60 min workout w/my trainer. Ronan is here now and playing with Grandpa.
    Going to read now and eat popcorn!
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    edited August 15
    Mom had a good day with visitors, flowers and lots of birthday wishes. I made one of her favorites homemade vegetable beef soup with corn muffins. She ate a whole bowl then had a slice of her birthday cake.

h9km2jgjj1az.jpeg
    umtbpli2ibtr.jpeg
    1x3r55fjlo1u.jpeg
    gnvqvlp3n1vb.jpeg

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Chris it wasn’t that long ago, honestly. I can hardly believe Collin is old enough to lose toys. Crazy

Kathy what lovely photos. That cake is so amazing. Of course she had a piece. I love soup. And those matching tops. What a wonderful and beautiful gift you gave her. Family and friends. <3

Busy day. Still got to the gym. Legs day. Going to be sore tomorrow. :#

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Kathy, your pictures are so pretty!! Hope you guys had fun!
    Shelley, Collin threw the Ninja Turtle balls under the bed on purpose...after throwing each one he would look up at us and giggle! So funny!
    Our Sonata has to have a window fixed and the air conditioning fixed again!! Yesterday's journey to my trainer was melting hot!! The window is a new problem. We'll see what the repair guys say.
    I'm going to read for a while.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Collin is a stinker. On the other side he was adding spice to your workouts. Lol Sorry about your vehicle.

Got in a stretch today. Our new gal is always calling out sick. I don’t think she is sick. Drives me crazy. We need a full time person.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    Chris, I used to think those "Help, I can't get up" ads referred to injury. Didn't realize we just lost that much strength in our legs. Was flabbergasted when it happened to me; but fortunately I was able to scoot to the top of a staircase, put my feet on a lower step and stand from there.

Shell, Good luck with your "sick" co-worker. What a pain!

Kathy, Your mom looks great! (And 88 does not feel old to me at 72 :noway:) Hope she's feeling better. Her love for you shows in her looks. <3

Paula
  • cpanus
    Had Collin Duty this morning...he's a tornado!! Wow!!
    Shelley, that's gotta suck! If you're hired for full-time, get your fanny to work!
    I had my trainer for a 60 min workout this afternoon.
    Going to brunch and than shopping with Sara and Hollywood tomorrow. We should have a blast!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Well said coworker came in for an hour. Then whined until they sent her home. >:)

Paula losing muscle is so a thing. How did it happen so quickly? Glad you were able to get up.

Chris I don’t know how you keep up with them little ones. I have friends with little ones and they wear me out. But I so enjoy them.

Went to the gym. It was an ok workout. Rows were good. Painting my cabin bathroom tomorrow.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited August 17
    Shelley, we couldn't do Collin without both of us being here. He is everywhere!! In fact, Pat has to take some school donations to Ronan's school and I'll be here with Collin on Monday for a bit. I'm putting Collin in the stroller and we will go for a walk while Pat is gone. That's the only way it will work.
    I got to go shopping with Sara and Hollywood this morning!! It was so fun being with both of them again! Holly is Sara's best friend. Holly was at our house all the time when the girls were younger. Holly's family lived two houses from us. We had a great time shopping. A ton of people out there tho.
    I'm going to the post office in the morning then have to wrap birthday gifts for three different people!!! ugh!
    Going to read now!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris that is a lot of wrapping. Whatever would one get a 3 year old boy. I figured you might have some insight. ;) Collin must be a dervish. Lol. I hope it goes smoothly.

My god son is turning 3 and I have no idea what one gets a 3 year boy.

I didn’t paint as much as I planned. Hard for 2 of us to paint in a small hot room. So I painted some. Then went outdoors to move large stacks of wood. Relocating them to open up our property. I also realized I was getting

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    Aug 31 Goal Weight - 164.8

July 31 ending weight - 167.8
    Aug 05 - 166.6
    Aug 12 - 168.0 😔
    Aug 19 - 169.4 😡
    Aug 26 -
    Aug 31 -

Wrong direction, time to get off my *kitten* and over this depression. Thank goodness I’m still in the 160s but just barely. FitOn here I come. I can’t give in or give up!

Kathy

• cpanus
    edited August 19
    Kathy, you got it! You know what to do...just do it.
    Shelley, cars!!!!! Get him some 'pull-back' cars. You pull them back a little and let them go and they speed away!! Get him a few so he can play with his Grandma!! Even Ronan still loves them at...almost...8 years old! Really, for our two Grandsons, cars are the best! I just went on Amazon, plugged in "Pull Back Cars" and Amazon came to the rescue! Even Same Day Delivery!! Go, Shelley, Go!!
    Walked Collin this morning now I'm watching him sleep. SIL is gonna have a fit!! But Collin was yawning and rubbing his eyes when we were racing cars down the hall!
    I have my trainer at noon today. That's it!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited August 19
    I didn’t paint as much as I planned. Hard for 2 of us to paint in a small hot room. So I painted some. Then went outdoors to move large stacks of wood. Relocating them to open up our property. I also realized I was getting

Shelley

Shell,
    I'm sitting here going "getting... what? I need to know!" Such a cliff hanger! Or is it me? Am I missing something? Can paint fume thoughts affect my brain? :laugh:

• PaulaKro
    Highest Weight - 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 138
    Aug Goal Weight - 215

July 31 ending weight - 223.4
    Aug 02 - 221.8
    Aug 05 - 221
    Aug 12 - 221.8
    Aug 19 - 219.8
    Aug 26 -
    Aug 31 -

First time in a year that my weight is under 220. :)

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    PaulaKro wrote: »

Shelley

Shell,
    I'm sitting here going "getting... what? I need to know!" Such a cliff hanger! Or is it me? Am I missing something? Can paint fume thoughts affect my brain? :laugh:

muahaha, a workout? hmmm, steps in? weight lifting? bug collection? oh my, I can't remember. must have been them fumes. :p

Congratulations on the weight plateau broke.

Shelley

• zumbaforever
    Kathy depression is real. I tend to sometimes mindlessly eat. And other times not eat at all. :/ Glad you are up to kicking some butt.

Chris that is genius. My son had them also. Napping is so important for grandmas. ;)

Today was a great workout. We picked up heavy things and threw them down! lol

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Highest Weight - 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 138
    Aug Goal Weight - 215

July 31 ending weight - 223.4
    Aug 02 - 221.8
    Aug 05 - 221
    Aug 12 - 221.8
    Aug 19 - 219.8
    Aug 26 -
    Aug 31 -

First time in a year that my weight is under 220. :)

Paula

Paula so happy for you. Keep it up! 💪🏾

• cpanus
    edited August 21
    We did not have Collin today. Pat's knee went wonky. He needs a walking cane to get around. His knees are worst then mine. We'll see what happens in a day or two. He's wrapping it and icing it. My knees hurt just thinking about it. SIL brought Collin over for a little bit and threatened to will bring him tomorrow for a visit if Pat is still hurting.
    We did have Ronan for a little while then SIL picked him up to take him to swimming. Ronan loves swimming this year!!
    Today is Sara's b'day and tomorrow is Ronan's b'day. We will be celebrating them both tomorrow evening with dinner and dessert. This weekend Ronan has a laser tag game scheduled for him and his friends and Sunday Sara has a brunch scheduled for her friends. We will attend both.
    I could have walked this morning, but I didn't!! :D
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    edited August 21
    Chris I hope Pat is feeling better. Hopefully Collin will have a visit, well a short one ok. o:) Ronan sounds all grown up. Photos please.

County commissioners meeting tonight. Tomorrow will be the gym and DND at daughters

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Tuesday was 50 mins on recumbent bike only. Mom isn’t doing well so more of my time is spent with her. And to be honest I’m exhausted.

Everyone take care. ❤️

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    KAR1959 wrote: »
    Tuesday was 50 mins on recumbent bike only. Mom isn’t doing well so more of my time is spent with her. And to be honest I’m exhausted.

Everyone take care. ❤️

Kathy

Kathy,
    Sending both and your mom my best wishes and long distance hugs.

Love. <3
    Paula
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Kathy - The pictures of your Mom are great!

I've been a little out of pocket the past week or so. Someone very dear to me who has been a Mother figure passed last week. Mrs. Marion's son (Rob) has been my best childhood friend since I was 4. They were the first family we met when we moved to our town. His Mom was an amazing woman....so caring to me when I was young ....they took me everywhere and made me one of the family. Mrs. Marion's been battling cancer for a few years now, and it just spread too much. I was able to spend some good time with her last week and with the family. She was 88...so grieving her.

Had Bella's graduation party on Saturday at a bowling/laser tag center. Fun was had by all.

Also getting Bella ready to start community college (which was today ). She had a good day one....she's starting part time and working with an ADHD coach on skills ect. I'll attach a pic. She has a unique sense of style.....love it.

Super tired, but I did get out for a 30 min walk today.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Karen

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Here's the picp4udrp31ce9p.jpg
  • cpanus
    Kathy, sending good thoughts and love to your mom.
    Karen, great picture of Bella!! Hope she had a good day.
    Everyone came over for Sara's and Ronan's b'days!! Cheeseburgers, french fries and chocolate cake and cup cakes! We did presents and played! Fun!
    Shelley, per your request!
    ijn4v2c9lj42.jpg
    Here is a picture both boys.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    I did 5.43 miles in 107 mins to the post office and back this morning. It was beautiful and crazy windy!!! No Collin today. Pat's knee is still really hurting him. We will have Ronan for a couple of hours before he is picked up for his swimming lesson.
    Chris