WeightNoMore Team Chat - August 2024

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,027 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    daria0919 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott and @minstrelofsarcasm are there results for F2F the week that ended yesterday?

@daria0919 - Yep! Pardon the delay, I was out for a walk and completely lost track of time. The results have been posted.

@minstrelofsarcasm super glad you got your walk in first!! 👍🏻

It was a good one! Took almost 3 hours, but I hit 18k steps and walked 8 whole miles! I also found a bunny just hanging out by the side of the path and it didn't seem to be scared of me. Fed it a clover before a couple cyclists spooked it.

Awe…. 💕 about the bunny @minstrelofsarcasm!

My bunny’s name is Clover! She’s 4 months old!

zr8j9redmnvh.jpeg

• daria0919
    4x75qo8qc29b.jpeg
    fj3zqsv3m1vk.jpeg
  • Lizslonghaul
    Lizslonghaul Posts: 12 Member
    How do I sign up for the step challenge?
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member
    How do I sign up for the step challenge?

@Lizslonghaul -
    No formal sign-up needed!
    Post your step counts in here (our results are always Sun through Sat), either as daily counts or weekly totals. @melaniedscott will calculate statistics and post results the following week (she usually aims for Thursdays, but her computer has been mean to her recently).
  • daria0919
    Hello team WeightNoMore members! Since we’re into a new month it’s always fun to say hello to each other and introduce ourselves!

I’m Daria and I live in Virginia in the states. Soon to be 65 (next month). BTW I feel like about 45! Married with a lot of grown children and grandchildren. Hubby and I have a 17+ year old dog, a 15 year old cat and a 4 month old bunny at home. I work part time, a retirement job, which I really like.

I have 20 pounds that I’d like to lose (ideally 30), but would be ecstatic with the 20 at my age. It’s just difficult to keep the effort up each day to stay consistent. Plus, I love food and I do eat out of boredom and love chocolate, which I need to avoid to keep from binging.

Last few days I’m using watermelon and celery stalks as my go to foods if I want to chew/eat something. I figure if I binge on those, it’ll still be ok! 😜

I have lost about 13 pounds since my highest weigh and am considered obese (according to my BMI). My problem is when I look in the mirror I think I look fine and I have no health issues, so I can’t seem to take losing weight seriously enough.

I’ve been with this group for almost a year, started here in September of last year, and lost about 6.5 pounds in a year. But!! That’s way, way better than gaining 6.5 pounds. It’s slow slow slow 🐢🐢🐢, but soooo much better than gaining. And, it’s for the rest of our lives that we need to try to eat healthy for our bodies to stay strong and work properly.

Welcome to all the new folks and very happy to be here with you all as well as us regulars!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,679 Member
    Oh, your rabbit is so cute @daria0919 🥰
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,411 Member
    ~~ Step Challenge Results -July Week 4 ~~
    July 21-27
    Team Statistics -
    Total Steppers: 7
    Total Steps: 512,342
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 42,695

Individual Statistics -

@annliz23 - 98,171 total | 14,024 average Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @Emilienewme - 85,943 total | 12,278 average
    @Jensmakingprogress 83,467 total | 11,924 average Most Consistent!!!
    @mnsmov15 - 83,200 total | 11,886 average
    @andja87 - 79,925 total | 11,418 average
    @Ljdanny - 32,596 total | 5,433 average
    @BodyTalking - 32,618 total | 4,660 average
    @melaniedscott - 16,422 total | 2,346 average

@sydditt - MIA total | MIA average
    @daria0919 - MIA total | MIA average
    @OllieAndEd2021 MIA total | MIA average

Since @minstrelofsarcasm mentioned it, I remembered I had not actually hit post for week 4...I cannot blame the gods of technology this time. All me.

Most steps was pretty close this week, with the runner up being less than 2k under and third place was close--with a difference of less than 100 steps!

And a big shout out to our step leader @annliz23 with 98K steps!

For anyone confused about where we are at for weeks posting, this is, as indicated above July 21-27. The week of July 28-Aug 3 steps should be posted by Wed, Aug 7 (today!).

Our bolded members set a step goal for the week and met it! Which is to say, all of us (participating this week) with step goals!! As always, if you want to... be bold (heehee), let us know how many steps you want to hit every day on average and we'll keep track of it for you!

I cannot believe it is August! This summer is flying by. Hope everyone is having a terrific summer! Keep stepping!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,119 Member
    Steps

Sun-6,076
    Mon-12,227
    Tues-13,150
    Wed-11,160
    Thurs-5,528
    Fri-2,664
    Sat-2,204
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,119 Member
    I am on vacation so my steps at the end of the week are not good. I have been doing a lot of boating and swimming. It has been nice though to unwind. I am going to need to detox after this. I have eaten a lot of hamburgers and hotdogs. I would never eat those every day. Last night I did have chicken which was a nice change and also pizza one day for lunch. We are going out today, not sure if the weather is going to be that hot.
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 175 Member
    I'm camping this week and just have a total for steps July 28-Aug 3: 104,609.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,679 Member
  • daria0919
    Hmmm…. I took screen shots of my steps from that 4th week in July @melaniedscott. Guess I either forgot to post them or the post didn’t take.

3u8pru6mrnfq.jpeg
    ed4b43aqnrr0.jpeg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,411 Member
    Howdy! It is Thursday and there are still 4-5 ish steps posts for July 28-Aug 3 that are missing!
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 92 Member
    Laurabb99
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 196.6
    CW (Current Weight): 197.7
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,487 Member
    Hey @CassieGetsFit2013 and @annliz23 - Let me know if you need to be excused for this week!
  • daria0919
    @minstrelofsarcasm I’ll be away this weekend, so I need a “pass” for my weigh in this Saturday. Thanks
  • dorisv207
    dorisv207 Posts: 27 Member
    Third week with no change. I think I need to drink more water 💦 I’ll be away this weekend so eating won’t be totally healthy. One day at a time though!

DorisV207 - Weigh in day Thursday
    Starting Weight: 210
    Previous Weight: 196
    Current Weight: 196
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 610 Member
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 250.0
    CW: 247.0

So I lost the 3 lbs. I gained last week. I will take the win and move on. Have a great weekend Team.
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 219 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm Can I be excused for weighin this week? Completely forgot to weigh myself before leaving for work. We’re on day 3 of no power since big storms hit NE Ohio so eating well and weighing in haven’t been high on the priority list 😂 we threw all our food away last night since garbage pickup should be this morning. Have been eating a lot of quick food and takeout since we can’t keep anything cold.
    I have been able to make it to the gym 2 out of the 3 days since they do have power, feel good about that lol
This discussion has been closed.