September 2024 Challenges - 09/01 - 09/30

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,794 Member
    Paula, our sleep in time on the weekends is 7:30 - 8:00. During the week we are up at 5:30 with Collin here at 7:30ish. If I want to walk, I have to get up around 6:30 and be out the door by 8:30 depending on the weather.
    We had Collin this morning and then I had my trainer today for a 60 min workout this afternoon. Now I'm gonna read. :D
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 7,000 Member
    my calves were sore today. all them stairs and scaffolding. so no workouts.

thanks Paula. that young buck was so fun.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Sorry about your calves, Shelley. Did you count your stair steps?? That'll make you feel better! :D
    We had Collin Duty this morning. He and I went for a walk...No nap for you, Grandma!! and that is how his dad got him!
    Cleaned house for our housekeeper this morning. Made soup this afternoon. Just finished cleaning up the soup mess.
    Going to read now.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,760 Member
    edited September 11
    Chris, Isn't it lovely when the things that keep us busy are grandkids, walks, soup and books? Sounds exhausting but exquisite.

Shelley, I'm not sorry about your calves at all - just jealous. That burn from working muscles to the core is just so satisfying. It's a distant memory for me... But something to look forward to as my weight diminishes.

I've lost over 30# and am already much more mobile. Looking forward to being active like the rest of you gals.

paula

• cpanus
    We had Collin Duty this morning then I had my trainer for a 60 min workout this afternoon. Pat p/u Ronan and they played and did homework this afternoon.
    Tomorrow we might go for our Covid booster and flu shot...maybe.
    My trainer is gone from now until the 23rd. I'm going to see if I can get any walking in during next week ...maybe.
    I did dishes and now I'm gonna read.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Paula congratulates on losing the 30 pounds. What an accomplishment. :s I so get missing that burn. I forgot it.

Chris you got a little pleasure it sounds like out of Collin not taking his nap. And I didn't have time to count stairs. It was more of a stair run!

Worked until 9 last night. Coveted the planning and zoning committee meeting. I ordered a new coral. love the name. Wooly Mammoth acropora. Night all.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Yes, Good Job, Paula!! So impressive!!
    Shelley, hope you had a good sleep. You work hard!
    We had Collin this morning. While we were on our walk and a squirrel ran right in front of us!! Collin told me about it!! He was so cute...Collin and the squirrel. :D Gardeners were over at the school mowing and trimming. Collin likes the sound from a block or so away but not up close. Too loud.
    It was really nice this morning. Cool breeze and 70 degrees is my kind of morning!!
    Pat is about to leave to go p/u Ronan from school. I'm gonna read!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris sounds like you had a great day.

Today after work I attended an open house for LDS temple. Never done that before. It is not a church. But more of a place for baptisms and weddings. But not what I would normally think of a wedding as. It was really interesting.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited September 14
    It was a great day, Shelley.
    We had Collin this morning. Pat brought in Ronan's basketball hoop that we had in the garage, and Collin had a blast!! On our walk he will point to all the basketball hoops we past and tell me, "Ball. Ball." So bringing it inside was a good move. Ronan played with it when he got here after school.
    Looks like we'll be having both boys tomorrow for a few hours so Sara and Pete can have a Date Lunch. :# I'll walk in the morning and the boys will be dropped off after I'm home and cleaned up.
    We'll see how it goes.
    My trainer is on her way to Tennessee. No workout for me today!! Well, except Collin this morning!
    Going to have soup and read now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris tjose dates will lead to baby number 3! You up for it? lol

my brother is visiting so won't be posting musc

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Shelley, Sara made sure we would not be babysitting baby #3!! Smart lady, she is!!
    Got 5.46 miles done in 109 mins. There were a ton of walkers out yesterday. I'm going out this morning...we'll see if they all got up early today, too.
    Walking is my only play today, besides reading and drinking coffee.
    Have fun everyone.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    Sep 30 Goal Weight - 164.0

Aug 31 ending weight - 168.6
    Sep 1 - 168.0
    Sep 9 - 166.4
    Sep 16 - 165.2
    Sep 23 -
    Sep 30 -

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    Sep 30 Goal Weight - 164.0

Aug 31 ending weight - 168.6
    Sep 1 - 168.0
    Sep 9 - 166.4
    Sep 16 - 165.2
    Sep 23 -
    Sep 30 -

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    Highest Weight - 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 138
    Sep Goal Weight - 210

Aug 31 ending weight - 217
    Sep 1 - 216
    Sep 9 - 215
    Sep 16 - 216.9
    Sep 23 -
    Sep 30 -

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Chris yes she is. Did I mention my brothers daughter had twin girls on the 10th? Second and third grandchildren. He has 4 children and only 3 grandchildren. He was starting to worry.

Kathy your weight is dropping. Now if mine would.

Paula how are you? Busy lately? Tell me a story. Love hearing from you.

My brother left this morning. He was visiting for a bit. We had a great time and I ate to much. So much fun

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Shelley, I don't know what I would have done if I had twins...or twin grandbabies...EGADS, MAN!! One at a time was/is so much work!! Keep us posted on the Twins Adventure!
    We had Collin this morning. He and I went for a pretty long walk. It was beautiful out there and we went a new way!! Ronan is here now playing w/Grandpa and then doing homework.
    I have to start eating better. I cannot get out of the 150s...sigh...
    Just made a new batch of soup this afternoon, and now it's reading time!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    We had Collin this morning and I took him out in his Little Tikes Cozy Coup Police Car!! It didn't start out as a Police Car...we got the Police stickers for it when Ronan was little!! It spent time in the garage until Collin was big enough for it. I pull it by one of the front posts as we searched for loud cars and trucks. We went through the school parking lot and around a long block. It was nice out there.
    Ronan is here now doing homework w/Grandpa. They are not happy with each other today.
    Back tomorrow.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Sorry Ronan wasn't happy with Grandpa. Maybe homework should be for parents. Leave fun stuff for grandpas.

New paths for walking is so nice. I am also stuck in the 150's I think it may have gone the wrong way though!

I will see if my niece will keep me posted. We live so far away.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Paula - congratulations on the 30 lb loss! Not easy! You are one strong cookie :-)

It's been quite busy here since getting back on Friday. My chat line is horrible. 3:30 in the morning seems to be my wake up time. Hopefully it will lift soon.

Getting a kitchen renovated is not for the faint at heart ;). I will say we have a fantastic contractor who is moving really fast. It will be done next Thursday which is under 3 weeks. It's already looking so beautiful. I'm really glad that Mom and I prepared so much food ahead of time and froze it. It's helping so much for us to be able to eat a nutritious meals and not take out. I do look forward to having everything put back again. Most of my kitchen is in my living room :-) The countertops get installed on Monday and then Tuesday is the new sink and garbage disposal and then the backsplash. And that's pretty much it. It sounds like we may need a little bit more tile and of course that is a special order that takes 3 weeks to come in. But let's see. Once it's all done I will send photos.

I think we may have found a car for Bella. Jim is taking her tonight to have another look at one she really liked that is a reasonable price. Fingers crossed. We've been driving her back and forth to school everyday for the past 2 and 1/2 weeks which is an hour each way. Luckily my brother lives 10 minutes from the school so we have been working from his home which has been great.

Not much exercise on my part because I'm so exhausted but we'll get back with that.

I hope everybody has a great Thursday!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Karen, what is Bella's car? I hope your kitchen is everything you wanted.
    Shelley, Pat is great w/the homework...don't think SIL could do it. Sara works too late.
    We had Collin Duty this morning. We went for a short walk...came home after he threw a fit because we weren't going to cross the street to the gym. We had the Little Tikes car and it would have been only black top over there ...too rough for the plastic tires.
    We are going for our Covid boosters this evening.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Karen it sounds so exciting. Can't wait for photos. And I am sure there will be a photo of Bella with her first car. So happy for you both.

Chris Pat is so wonderful with with him. I used to help my grandson. I am surprised to hear the blacktop is hard on little tykes wheels. Darn.

Worked on my protein skimmer tonight. Rocky was at his stained glass class. So I took the skimmer apart and cleaned it. Working but a bit noisy. It's on the way out so I should look for a new one. 7.5 months to retirement

Shelley

• PaulaKro
    Shelley,

Retirement countdown, how exciting! Happy for you.

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    edited September 20
    Okay,

Shell requested a story, so here's a short one.

Yesterday was nice after a couple of days of wet muggy weather. I was still in my floor-length flannel nightgown as I was climbing up my driveway to collect my garbage cans from the street, when one of the construction workers from next door drove by.

He was in an open-cab bobcat (a miniature bulldozer) and when he saw this old lady in her gown huffing up the incline and smiling (nice weather, birds singing, etc.; right?); he got a big grin on his face and called out "Good Morning." My smile turned into a grin too as I "good morning'ed" back, and then, both smiling, we went out merry ways.

Such a simple friendly homey interaction... but it made my day and nothing's spoilt it yet. :bigsmile:

Paula
  • cpanus
    edited September 21
    Shelley, you will love retirement!!
    Paula, so sweet!
    My arm was so unhappy this morning and I was having sweat sessions where sweat was running down my back. Not sure if the sweat sessions had anything to do with the shot or not. We decided that until I was feeling better, we weren't going to have Collin. No way I could have picked him up. Sara worked from home and they kept him. Pat p/u Ronan from school but took him straight home. The four of them went for their shots and then to swim. I do not have any updates on arm issues yet. Maybe they will all be okay.
    I'm hoping to walk tomorrow morning. We'll see.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Chris,
    Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Fingers crossed,
    Paula
  • PaulaKro
    I just ordered an exercise bike. The monitor records heart rate, speed, distance travelled, time spent and calories burnt. I'm so excited!! Squeal!!
    paula

nsm5q0n7dkm3.png
  • zumbaforever
    Paula thanks so much for the insight with the story. It made me giggle. And smile. I hope nothing stole your happiness. What a great bike. You will love it. I will need a story about it.

Chris so glad they got their shots right after you. The sweat might be from the shot or a good workout.

I am not getting very far with my Spanish. Not giving up though. Been at it a year.

My 2 new corals arrived today. Fingers crossed. Worked out tonight. Going to work on some sheetrock tomorrow with Rocky. Ceiling in the bedroom will get done.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Morning ladies. It’s 6:00 my time. Just spent time with mom changing her and calming her. She is pretty much bed bound and can’t do anything much herself. It’s really difficult but I can say thank goodness for the strength training. It has made a difference for sure.

My aunt (mom’s sister)has been here since Tuesday. It has definitely made a difference and perked her up. Mom had been very down with a lot of anxiety. My Aunt Tee is the perfect medicine. I dread her leaving Tuesday but appreciate her.coming to spend time with her sister.

My entire life is taking care of and spending time with mom. Nothing can prepare you for this transition. I’ve cried many tears but she will never see them. Sometimes I feel so alone but I also feel blessed to have her here with me. I miss you guys and catch up with your post usually in the middle of the night when I’m can’t sleep. Take care.
    Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    Oh Kathy,

How heartbreaking. So sorry for you and your mom. :heartbreak: Your aunt sounds like an angel. Thank goodness for small blessings.

Don't have the right words for such an awful time of sadness... Just know my heart is praying for you, for more strength, peace and resilience. You're already full of love, valor and bravery.

If you ever need a shoulder, feel free to call or text any time. I'm usually up at night.

Paula
  • cpanus
    Kathy, sending you, your mom and your aunt love and good thoughts.
    Chris