Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

September Week 1 Group Challenge - Pick 3 Challenge

124»

Replies

• nansbones7708
    nansbones7708 Posts: 366 Member
    1.This week, I will do more intentional exercise
    Sunday 36 mins walking to and from church.
    Monday 24 mins walking to bus from coachworks plus 1 mile walk and talk video with Jessica Smith Tuesday 1 hr walking, 1 hr gardening
    Wednesday 45 mins walking
    Thursday no exercise
    Friday gardening at church then some more at home Saturday more home gardening v8gery2ssx23.jpeg

2. This week, I will strive to have less junk food
    Sunday, Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday just one chocolate at bedtime
    3. This week, I hope to enjoy quiet times in the evening
    Sunday I mixed my day round today with quiet time in afternoon and driving in the evening
    Monday curled up with my magazine Tuesday drove home no quiet evening Wednesday quiet evening curled up in bed with a magazine Thursday watched dvd Friday just chilled after a busy day
    Saturday will definitely be chilling
  • nansbones7708
    When will we see week two team challenge?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,390 Member
    edited September 7
    When will we see week two team challenge?

Hi @nansbones I post it on Saturday's late afternoon/early evening because some time zones hit Sunday before we do...it starts on Sunday and runs through Saturday each week. You're REALLY being proactive!!

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    The September Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Sep 8th. Please join us for The Rainbow Challenge as we work on our nutrition for the week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10923342/september-week-2-group-challenge-the-rainbow-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    6wwmy4ei9agz.jpg

FYI for those of you who enjoyed our Partner Up Walking Challenge a few weeks ago, Week 3 (Sep 15-21) will be a repeat of that walking challenge. Start now to find your partners in each of the teams and on Saturday the 14th, when I make the announcement, you can get that finalized before the challenge begins on the 15th. I'm giving you a week's notice so we can find our partners and be ready to go.

I will be in the Rainbow challenge chat room all week if you want to pop in and send your partner names, team name, etc and get registered. Pass the word...bring a friend or two!

Jessica
  • nansbones7708
    Sets 1-7 September
    Sun 8950
    Mon 7013
    Tue 15066
    Wed 8532
    Thu 4759
    Fri 4759
    Sat 4759

I’m confused at the absolute sameness of Thursday, Friday and Saturday but I did spend each of them in the garden on my knees weeding
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,808 Member
    1. This week, I will do more biking
    2. This week, I will strive to have less ice cream (my weakness)
    3. This week, I hope to enjoy quiet reading time
    Saturday
    🚴‍♂️bike: 25.05 mi / 3h12m
    1. I finished my 25-mile ride. I'm taking a break now, but I'll soon be enjoying...
    2. ... a mocha frappuccino from Starbucks, in lieu of a milkshake!

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,624 Member
    This week, I will do more organising of time management.
    I printed the bullet plan pages and hope to keep going with filling it in regularly.

2. This week, I will strive to increase my average step count for the week.
    I had a good day on Thursday, Friday was ok, but today was a do nothing day.

3. This week, I hope to enjoy quiet meditation and reading.
    I'm still doing both of these to help me sleep.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Saturday

I went for a walk today and lifted weights at the gym. Then did some yard work. I am at 14,000+ steps. Better rest up next week for the partner walk the following week!

I was on my phone a little today, but when I sat down to relax for a few I ended up taking a 45 minute nap 😴

I am almost done with my book! I should be able to finish it this evening!
  • jessicakrall8
    Saturday

1. I walked a mile today and did laundry and some cleaning and cooking so got quite a few steps in!
    2. No snacking today but ate out for seafood and divided my meal into two for lunch and dinner and stayed under on my calories. Got my water in as well.
    3. Read a little and will read before bed.

Thanks to all who participated this week. I hope it was helpful to you. See you tomorrow in the new challenge!
    Jessica
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 544 Member
    Saturday

Run more- did a short, slightly faster run tonight, plus some walking on the treadmill

Eat less- kinda. I generally don't eat back exercise calories, but will allow myself to deep into them, if I feel like a need a little extra, or just feel like indulging a bit. I'm using my exercise calories for a cold beer here in a little while, when my boys go to bed.

More quiet time: Didn't get to yoga today, or any quiet, alone time. On my husbands days off, I don't really have alone time, even when the kids are napping. I guess I'll have to be more deliberate on weekends, and create that time.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,690 Member
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    1. This week, I will do more sleeping. Better quality sleep.
    2. This week, I will strive to have less caffeine. Planning a 25% reduction.
    3. This week, I hope to enjoy quiet walks in nature.

Saturday
    I slept pretty good last night. My Garmin said my sleep score was 80, which for me is about as high a score as I ever get. No particular reason for sleeping well, other than that I was totally exhausted from over a week of very poor sleep (Garmin sleep scores in the 40's).

I finally managed to cut the caffeine by another 25%. 3 bottles of diet coke yesterday.

I got some great walks; saw some wildlife. Sunshine was great.

-Mica
This discussion has been closed.