OCTOBER 2024 CHALLENGES - 10/01 - 10/31

2»

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,768 Member
    Shelley, I'm claiming today as my Leg Day...5.47 miles in 117 mins to the post office and back...Boy, howdy, it was a hard walk...probably cuz I have a stupid cold!!! so much tissue was used!! I just wanted to sit down. Okay, I'm doing that now. :D
    I also cleaned the house for our housekeeper. She just got here. :)<3:)
    Paula, yes we have air conditioning. We'll be turning it on in a few minutes...86 outside already.
    I loved the pic of your fur babies...so cute. :*
    Going to drink coffee and read now.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,990 Member
    Chris sorry you are feeling poorly. Chicken soup would be so nice about now. And a good book. Get better.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,512 Member
    Hope you feel better Chris!

I'm in Canada for a short trip for work. Got here Monday and will leave tomorrow midday. It's a bit of a whirlwind, but all good.

Bella is really struggling with community college. I think you all know that she has ADHD and anxiety depression. She's only taking seven credits but it's been a struggle to focus and get work done. She finally told us this last weekend we're doing what we can with the resources that she has to try to help. It's really disappointing and very worrisome. Sometimes it's just hard to know what to do to support this child.

My anxiety is a quite an all-time high here right now. Trying to do my meditations and other things to feel better.

Full day ahead here at work and then we are taking the team out to do laser tag and a happy hour. Doesn't sound like very nutritious food lol :-) I think what I will do is eat when I get back to the hotel. Trying to really be mindful here with my travel.

Watching his hurricane from afar and it looks terrible. Saying prayers to everybody in Florida my goodness.

Hope everybody has a good Wednesday.

Karen
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Ladies I wanted to let you all know that mom passed away Sunday afternoon. She fought for three years but her body couldn’t take anymore. We’re heartbroken but happy she isn’t suffering anymore. She’s with dad who coincidentally passed away on Oct 8 while she passed Oct 6. Please pray for my family as we prepare for her service.

I’m okay but the house is quiet and I’m not use to that. Here’s a picture of my mom that I just live. She was 88. You guys take care. ❤️

Kathyqy1rlk9d2ccn.jpeg
  • cpanus
    Oh, Kathy, my heart is breaking for you. You talk about your sweet mom every day. It's like I know her. She was a fighter. I love her picture. Sending you love and good thoughts. <3
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,754 Member
    Kathy,

So sorry.

Your mom was always beautiful in the pictures you posted and serenely glamorous in this one, with the grey curls and ivory lace. So very sad to lose her (but it sounds like a blessing for her to be at peace).

Glad that you're okay.

There with you in spirit, in the quietness. :brokenheart:
    Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy she was a lovely person inside and out. I have never worn a dress like hers. She really could dress. And so can you. I had so wanted to meet her. I feel as though I and she would have been the best of friends.

A quiet house can be so lonely. Keep the television on. Or music. Sending you huge hugs.

Shelley

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,325 Member
    Highest Weight - 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 148
    Oct 31 Goal Weight - 163.2

Sep 30 ending weight - 166.2
    Oct 1 - 167.2
    Oct 10 - 164.0
    Oct 17 -
    Oct 24 -
    Oct 31 -

The loss is definitely due to stress and no appetite. It will probably come back.

Kathy

• PaulaKro
    edited October 10
    Highest Weight - 317
    Ultimate Goal Weight - 138
    Oct 31 Goal Weight - 207

Sep 30 ending weight - 211.2
    Oct 1 - 211
    Oct 10 - 209.2
    Oct 17 -
    Oct 24 -
    Oct 31 -

Paula

• kjs1228
    Kathy - I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Mother. I enjoyed watching your adventures together and the many photos you shared.

Sending you lots of love…

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Heading home today. I did a workout in the hotel gym today (felt good!) looking forward to sleeping in my bed ;)

Karen
  • cpanus
    We worked on our ballots this morning then dropped them off in an Official Drop Box up at City Hall then got gas then went to the library to drop off the three boxes of books that I couldn't drop off several months ago because they had too many donations. Now they might have too many donations again!!! Those boxes sat in the back of the car this whole time!!
    Made soup and now I'm gonna eat popcorn and read!!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris our jail takes books in. You could check with yours.

Kathy you are strong. Don't let it creep back.

Paula great loss. You are on the move.

My Dendro (orange coral) is doing great in the new tank. I have had it more than a decade and it has been so sad. Now it has recovered.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 165
    10/7 - 189.3
    10/11 - 186.5
    October goal - 180

A few pounds down....need to keep focused!

Karen
  • cpanus
    Thanks, Shelley. Good idea!
    Karen, I need to keep focused, too. I'm finding it too easy to fall into my old ways.
    I did 5.26 miles in 106 mins this morning. It was beautiful out there. The highest it's supposed to get today is 80 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be 78!! My walking time will be in the 60's!! Makes me happy!
    Going to read, drink coffee and maybe eat popcorn...maybe.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris I so hope you stuck with your plan. The cooler weather sounds divine.

After work today we cleaned tanks. They really needed it too. I am going to play catch up tomorrow. Lots of stupid little things to do.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Shelley, I did not stick to my plan. It changed this morning when I opted for sleep instead of walk!! I'll walk for sure tomorrow. For now, I'm going to drink coffee, text w/my friends, read, and eat sour dough toast w/peanut butter on it!!
    The kids should be coming home from D'land today. Bean misses them. He isn't eating like he should be eating. Makes me worry. He's so thin. He's an old guy. Vet said he was on 'borrowed time.' :'( He does like hard boiled egg and tuna. Who knew???
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Hey Chris,

Give Bean a hug for me, will you? I remember when DDD first got him and he was your grandpuppy. Time passes so differently for all of us as our worlds evolve.

Shelley,

I made a honeydew list for myself of catch-up things too; and the single line items go on for two pages. Each morning I choose which ones to do today; and sometimes they even get done.

Do you ever do something to avoid something else? For ex., I hate calling utility companies (reduced customer service is sad), so I'll do almost anything else to feel useful but avoid that. My internet hasn't worked properly in over a year, LOL.

Today I want to:
    1. Change the sensor in the LitterBot (because boy cat pees on pillows if there's one little poop in his box);
    2. Break down boxes for the trash (the garage is filling up with amazon boxes and I can't get to the washer to wash the peed-on pillows).
    3. See if there's any hot water for a shower (no propane for the water heater, due to a leak - calling a plumber to find that leak is lower down the list than a shower).
    Best,
    Paula