Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ran 5k with my coworker on Friday afternoon. She is getting faster! Before long, she will be slowing down to stay with me!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Just got caught up on all the posts. Everyone's doing an amazing job. The doctor released my from my boot last week. Achilles' tendon is much better. He said to ease into increasing my activity. Last week was just normal activity and wearing regular shoes. This week I'm going to speed walk. I'm nervous about running again. I've been away from it so long that I feel like I should start over with c25k.

Here's to a good week :)
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    @LLduds Great work on your race, and nice bling! :)
    @Just_Ceci Keep with your speed work, and your coworker and you may surprise yourself :)
    @fit4life_73 Starting over with C25K as a recovery plan actually isn't a bad idea. Just make sure you don't treat it like interval training :)
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Well done @LLduds
    Thanks @ftrobbie You are right, of course. It was a one off as I was feeling very energetic that day.
    @taelisyn That's some serious mileage!
    Good to know you got your foot sorted out, @fit4life_73
    Im back to easy runs, aiming for 8 miles this week.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    ugh such an ugly run this morning. it was warm and humid and i got lost so i ended up doing extra mileage. and walking. there was walking. 4.3 miles in 56 min :frowning:
    but saturday was such a good run, i try to hold on to that but now I'm thinking about my abilities with the 8k.
    i know bad runs happen. i just don't like it when they do
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    @samra338 Although the legs are getting tired with the mileage, mentally I'm a lot better. I seem to self medicate with running. I have built up to it, but still not exactly the plan I would recommend for anyone else lol.

@moyer566 Humidty can totally screw you over! Don't worry about the walking either, especially with getting lost. You'll be fine for your 8k
    Yeah bad runs happen, and yes they totally suck when they do, but they need to be accepted as part of running and you will get past them!

This week starts my decent into taper; and the madness that I know will accompany it. So in true taper style I'm dropping the distance and upping the intensity. 10k with a few minute pause in the middle as I had to change seasons etc on my Zombies, Run! app, and then 3.8k with the dog.
    I've come to the realisation that a full 'conversational' pace is never going to happen, as I actually struggle to keep a conversation up and walk at the same time. However, a conversational pace that may take a few breaths between, seems no harder for me at 4:45 pace, than 6:00 pace, thus I think once my taper is over, it's time to start pushing. If I push through the summer, I should be able to smash my runs in winter.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    today i did another run per my HM plan 45 min. The distance was crud and at first glance so was my pace, but if i look at it minus the walking in the beginning and end it improves. a lot.
    i was having a hard time breathing today. it feels congested but not when i am not running. oh well.
    tomorrow is a rest day and then i have 55 or 65 min. don't have the plan in front of me.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    3 mile run after work in 29:30 followed by a leisurely 9 mile bike ride. It was hot. I've done a good enough job of motivating people that I have someone wanting to run or ride with me almost daily! I hope that keeps up! <3
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 excellent, today made up for yesterday's run :) can't wait to hear how you HM training and race go. very exciting.
    @Just_ceci nice run--where is it hot?

I have to get caught up on all posts, will do tonight.

Did W12D3 -- ran a bit more and did not walk, 6.52 miles.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    @snha looking good

rest day which is yoga day. so that's nice. I'm hoping to get my mileage up. I think I'll switch to mileage over time in the next couple of weeks.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @snha It is hot in Northwest Arkansas, supposed to get colder on Saturday, but record high temps this week!

Left work early to ride with the girls yesterday- 21 miles.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    2 miles.
    first mile was 12:30, second 10:00ish so that's pretty awesome.
    i was supposed to do 4.5mi but I overslept.
    long run-6.5-on saturday
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I was supposed to run yesterday, but one of my friends asked me to ride with her, so we got in 16 miles before dark! Hopefully will get some running in during my Girls on the Run class today.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i'm back long enough to say i ran a quick 5 km this morning in 28:56 - not too shabby for a girl coming out of a turkey hangover and a 10-day vacation from her running shoes!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Still running! Dropped from 13 min miles to 11! Next 5k thanksgiving weekend,
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Still running! Dropped from 13 min miles to 11! Next 5k thanksgiving weekend,
  • mbaker566
    Options
    rest day. hoping to get 2 hours of aerial yoga in
    also wearing my "winter" trail shoes. hoping to break in the ankle area. i might need inserts to bring up my ankle bone a tad. I have some charcoal ones that are thin. maybe
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I ran the 2nd of 3 races in the Texas Bridge Series today - The Toughest 10K Galveston (http://www.toughest10kgalveston.org). It went soooo well!! I actually PR'd at 1:01:28!!! So I'm getting closer to a sub-60 min 10K. The weather was cool (for our part of Texas), the bridge wasn't as horribly steep, and the wind wasn't terrible. Next run in the TBS will be my first half marathon...11/15/15!

Here's a pic of me with the bling...that's my friend Linda in the pink (she's a nurse in my department who started running after she beat breast cancer).

d0ux9ubq5wm1.jpg
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Great job.
    I ran about 5.5 miles today. It was not a smooth run including a fall in front of a full restaurant but I did it. Pace was just under 12 min.

I was Hoping for more but I ran yesterday at probably a1030 or 11 flat pace with my stepdaughter to be. Tired legs
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    @maggiekat7 Great job on the 5k!

Good to see you still running and getting better, @DianaLovesCoffee

@LLduds I'd so be running with you in these races if I still lived in Texas!

I ran 5 miles on Friday, 53:37- stomach started giving me fits about 2 miles in, but all I could do was keep running!

Saturday, I rode my bike over a mountain- almost 42 miles with just over 3,300 feet in elevation change.