Goals and Victories

Options
Alisontheice
Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
We all know the ultimate goal is to lose 20 lb by Christmas.

How about a place to write about goals we can set to achieve along the way and the victories we achieve.

Here are mine...
I have been working on my flexibility and I am way more bendy than I was a week ago.
I did 10 "real" push ups yesterday....In.A.Row!
Goal: be in the 150s on Saturday for the weigh in.

Replies

• skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    While losing my last 20 pounds or so, I am trying to strengthen and tone my body! Kudos on the push ups. I feel very weak most times so that is something I would like to set a goal and work on for myself as well!
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    A big congrats on the real push-ups! I am hoping to graduate to those.

My secondary mini-goal is to add in some sort of upper body (arms, mostly) routine since I am about 90% cardio based because running is my drug.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I have worked hard to get thse puch ups back (from my first go around of weight loss) and I can feel them today. :)
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Cardio is my thing, I believe I may be addicted to it. Right now the ARC trainer at the gym is what I am hooked on. My goal is to incorporate some form of weight or strenghth training, I have zero upper body strength or definition. I also have a goal to revisit my eating/calories. I keep around 1200, but I have not been losing. So, possibly increasing calories even though everything in my brain tells me that this can't possibly work.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    Overall target weight: 175
    Exercise at least 4 x a week (minimum 45 minutes). Right now, I am on target.
    Loose 5 lbs by Oct 4th (if not more).
    Overall loose at least 1.5 lbs a week.
    Drink minimum of 64 oz water a day.
    Get to bed by 10 pm every night - cannot underestimate the power of a good nights sleep.
    Stop munching/eating by 7 pm.

Victories:
    Healthier eating habits: IE fruits, veggies and grilled meats and more protein versus fried foods. - 90 percent integrated into my daily eating plan.

Developed a work out routine I can live with and actually enjoy! 15 minutes of warm up cardio, circuit weight training (one day for upper body, next day lower body, repeat) then 30 plus minutes of more cardio.

I do not drink soda or diet soda any more!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My Goals...

To exercise every other day without fail.....walk, walk, walk!!!
    Start the day by eating more protein.
    Lose at least a pound a week.
    No eating after 8 o'clock...I always do well when I follow that rule.
    Keep a water bottle with me at all times!
  • BeaFit
    BeaFit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bravo. Thanks for sharing. I need to remember how important the sleep aspect is to healthy living. That is the part that is tough for me since I have a tendency to stay up late because the house is quiet after everyone goes to sleep. Congratulations on your success so far!
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My SIL and i made a pact to lose 12 (26 pounds) kilos by christmas. So far I have lost 1.7 kilos (3.7 pound) so about 22 pounds to go.

My non scale goal is I am doing a 30 day weights challenge, going through on beginner now so 1 set of 12 reps. By christmas I want to have done the beginner, and the intermediate (2 sets) and at least be looking at being able to do it on expert level (3 sets)
  • pont2014
    Options
    My goal is to loose 10kg. I plan to exercise daily on my stationery bike as well as some weights.
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My target is to be 153 by Christmas.

My goals are:-
    Complete the c25k programme (started yesterday, quite enjoyed it... Think I get too competitive with myself though and keep ramping up the treadmill speed! Got to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race!)
    Do the 30DS, I've done it before and it was a really good step up to hardcore exercise- it's crazy repetitive though!
    Batch cook my meals so I have healthy food on standby.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    My Goals:
    Would love to be 160 (finally) by Christmass
    To increase running speed/improve 5k time
    To do 10 pushups
    Incorporate yoga in routine
    Workout 4-6x a week (starting with 4x)
    Start lifting heavy by end of October
    Drink plenty and eat clean :-)
  • adk7
    adk7 Posts: 15
    Options
    -Work out at least 5x a week
    -Less carbs
    -More veggies!
    -No more diet sodas!

Sounds easy enough? haha
  • jesssonj05
    jesssonj05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My target weight by Christmas is 175.
    My goals are
    Not to drink soda
    Every time I work out give it my all.
    To Carry water with me.
    Most importantly not to stress about losing weight. (My husband said I stress to much)
  • thehappyfitmusician
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Kindall and here is a little bit about me!

I started my weight loss journey on January 30th, 2013 (my 26th birthday). I followed a nutrition only plan and lost nearly 40lbs. In late August I joined an amazing gym that utilizes Functional Interval Training/Barre//Spin and now follow very religious diet and exercise plans. However, I am having to learn that with exercise I actually have to eat more, so I am about to start carb cycling next week.

I ultimate goal is to lose 50 more lbs and be around 145-150lbs. My goal is to be 175lbs by Christmas! LETS DO THIS!

If you need any help with nutrition, exercise, etc. PLEASE feel free to contact me. I am not a master, but have been doing this successfully for a while now and have seen HUGE changes in my body, mind, spirit. I have already accomplished so many goals but here are some I want to achieve by Christmas:

-175lbs
    -Be able to run a 5k (no walking)
    -Be able to do 10 real pushups
    -Be able to hold 40 second side/regular plank (with correct form!)
    -Lift heaver weights (10-15-20lbs)
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I have been losing and gaining the same 15 lbs for years. My goal this time is to lose that and then a few more to get me to my goal weight of 125. I have always been a fitness nut and at one time was actually capable of running a half marathon and doing Insanity. Since an injury last year and surgery (unrelated to the injury) earlier this year I have let myself get pretty weak.
    My workout plan is to do the "You are your own gym" app 10 week beginner series for strength and some cardio and the couch to 5k to get back to running. I can run 2 miles without walking but I am doing the C25K with my daughter who is new to running, plus I am hoping starting back slow will help me avoid injuries. I am also taking a rock climbing class with my hubby.
    My nutrition is basically to avoid processed carbs, eat more protein and vegetables and quality carbs like squash, sweet potatoes and beans. Kind of the Body for Life method of eating...while staying under the calorie goals in this site.
    Good Luck all!
  • Sarah_LM
    Options
    My goals:

1.Get to 225 by Christmas
    2. Since I have injured my ankle and can't exercise right now, I've decided its about time I started focusing on my diet. I want to eat healthy, nutritious food, including getting my five a day and plenty of protein. And less junk and less pizza :cry:
    3. Once my ankle is healed I want to start the C25K plan as I started it before I got injured and really enjoyed it.
    4. To work my way back to my 5x weekly workouts once my ankle is better.
    5. Not to give up!
  • MelonGG
    MelonGG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My Goals:

Get to 155 by christmas
    Drink WATER, for heavens sake it sounds so simple.. but geesh I'm bad for that
    Walk everyday, even if it's only for a few minutes.. and in the blistering cold Canadian winters do it anyway!
    Intense Cardio 3 times a week for 45 minutes, weights/strength training three times a week minimum

BE more accountable to myself and stop making excuses!!!

Live it:

I may not be the fastest or the strongest but i'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
  • halloweenie09
    halloweenie09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My target weight for this challenge will be 215 by Christmas.

My goals:
    Exercise at least 5 times a week
    Incorporate one exercise class (Spinning, Zumba, or Hip Hop)
    Decrease my 5K time
    Meet with my personal trainer at least once a week and push myself to fatigue each and every time

Non-weight and fitness goals:
    Have fun!
    Learn to be social and active without having it revolve around food and/or drinking
  • StAcY_LyNn22
    StAcY_LyNn22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My goal weight for Christmas is 145! I will workout 5-6 times per week including cardio and strength training. I will also eat cleaner and get a better night's sleep. While I know most of us are focused on losing pounds here, I also plan to take my measurements. I have done this in the past and it has greatly helped my motivation on the week's where I don't lose. Taking my measurements reassures me that I AM making progress even though the scale might tell me otherwise!

It is awesome to see everyone's goals and I look forward to seeing progress in the coming weeks.

Good Luck!
  • Lizzy0657
    Options
    HI,

I have that goal to lose that 20 pounds by Christmas. And to me that will be a Huge Achievement!!!! I have been sick for a very long time. And I am tired of it all!!!! I am on disability....and I need to take better care of myself. Just so everyone knows....I am starting my weigh in on Tuesday Sept 17th. The reason is I see my dr every Tuesday....and They weigh me on their scale. Good luck to everyone!!