Goals and Victories

Options

Replies

• monkepinay
    monkepinay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kathi,

It sounds crazy doesn't it? The idea of eating more in order to loose, but there is so much research out there that supports that theory. In the main section of info for this group, #4 is to give yourself a day off, and I think that's a great idea. Don't go completely crazy or anything, but definitely give in just a little. Another thing to consider is muscle memory playing a role. If you keep doing the same work outs, your muscles will get stronger, but after a while they will also be able to do them with less effort and less work, meaning you are burning less calories than you normally would. Might I suggest using the different settings available to you? Like mountain climber or something for about 10 minutes or so, just to change it up.
    Cardio is my thing, I believe I may be addicted to it. Right now the ARC trainer at the gym is what I am hooked on. My goal is to incorporate some form of weight or strenghth training, I have zero upper body strength or definition. I also have a goal to revisit my eating/calories. I keep around 1200, but I have not been losing. So, possibly increasing calories even though everything in my brain tells me that this can't possibly work.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am training to do an unassisted chin up. Just one. That's all I want.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My goal is to reach 140-145 by Christmas. I'll be happy anywhere in that range. :) We have to work hard and stick to it!
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My ultimate goal would be to achieve my goal weight for Christmas - to break the 160 barrier! However, that's still about 25 pounds away, and I know the last ones are the hardest, so I'll be happy with a 15 lb loss.

My goals are the same as I set myself in January when I started my journey.

Exercise daily, even if it's just a 20 minute walk.
    Take a day off when my body tells me I need to
    *Try* to stay in my calories daily, and if that fails, then stay within on the overall week.
    Log daily (I'm coming up on 200 consecutive days, and would have been coming up on 260 had I not gone on vacation out of the country)
    Complete the C25K program (I dropped out at W7D3 mid-July as I got too busy)
    Run a 5K

And most importantly: Don't Panic if I make a mistake. Just get right back on track, and refocus as soon as I can.

I'm so happy to join this group for the extra support & accountability! Feel free to add me if I sound like your kind of friend!
  • jennycita
    jennycita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My ultimate fitness goal is not a number on a scale but to be able to do at least ONE real, full pull up!
  • Anita4life
    Options
    Wow this is a good idea...

1. Lose 20 lbs by Christmas
    2. Log everyday no matter if its a good day or a bad day
    3. Walk 30 minutes daily!!!
    4. go to the gym 3-4 times a week... 3 for sure but 4 if I can swing it
    5. Try to stay within my calorie range daily, if not daily then at least weekly!
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My goal weight for Christmas is 145! I will workout 5-6 times per week including cardio and strength training. I will also eat cleaner and get a better night's sleep. While I know most of us are focused on losing pounds here, I also plan to take my measurements. I have done this in the past and it has greatly helped my motivation on the week's where I don't lose. Taking my measurements reassures me that I AM making progress even though the scale might tell me otherwise!

I sooo agree with measurements. For a long time I didn't lose a pound but I lost inches all over. I think I may do measurements as well as weight just for my own motivation/sanity!
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

1) Reach 160 pounds
    2) log my food daily, and really and truly have only one cheat meal a week
    3) exercise 5x a week
    4) add strenght training 3x a week to build some muscles
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My goals are:
    1) To weigh 175 lbs. by Christmas.
    2) To move every day.
    3) To exercise at least 3 times a week, including flexibility, strength, and endurance activities.
    4) To stick to my calorie allowance.
    5) To do a vertical handstand again.
    6) To do a backbend push up again, maybe even a backbend.
  • Crweb29
    Crweb29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goals over the next 14 weeks:
    1) Put 55 hours on my elliptical.
    2) Lose 20+lbs by 12/25.

(Hopefully Halloween, Thanksgiving & football watching won't sabotage me too much.)

-Craig
  • meowmezzo
    meowmezzo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go Craig!!! :-D
  • meowmezzo
    Options
    Wow this is a good idea...

1. Lose 20 lbs by Christmas
    2. Log everyday no matter if its a good day or a bad day
    3. Walk 30 minutes daily!!!
    4. go to the gym 3-4 times a week... 3 for sure but 4 if I can swing it
    5. Try to stay within my calorie range daily, if not daily then at least weekly!

Anita I am so proud of you, what a fantastic start!!! I would either go for Number 3 or Number 4 on your list, as doing both may not be realistic for the entire time....but if you manage one and get either 30mins of walking done every day or 3 hours of gym time a week consistently, you will be well on your way! Just don't overdo it or you'll set yourself up to fail!!! Huge support!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • meowmezzo
    Options
    My goals are:
    1) To weigh 175 lbs. by Christmas.
    2) To move every day.
    3) To exercise at least 3 times a week, including flexibility, strength, and endurance activities.
    4) To stick to my calorie allowance.
    5) To do a vertical handstand again.
    6) To do a backbend push up again, maybe even a backbend.

That sounds like a huge challenge!!! Good for you!!!! Don't be too hard on yourself though and commend every single little step you take along the way!
  • meowmezzo
    Options
    We all know the ultimate goal is to lose 20 lb by Christmas.

How about a place to write about goals we can set to achieve along the way and the victories we achieve.

Hey!!!

Welcome to the 20lbs by CHRISTMAS 2013 GROUP CHALLENGE, I am so proud and happy you have decided to join us to LOSE 20lbs by CHRISTMAS 2013!!!! Please ALL keep up-to-date on the challenge by reading my blog, where we can all communicate about our progress on our journey together on our 20lbs by Christmas CHALLENGE!!!!

Sending you huge love and support,

Mel :-) xxxxxx

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/meowmezzo
  • meowmezzo
    Options
    CALLING ALL CHALLENGERS!!!

Welcome to the 20lbs by CHRISTMAS 2013 GROUP CHALLENGE, I am so proud and happy you have decided to join us to LOSE 20lbs by CHRISTMAS 2013!!!! Please ALL keep up-to-date on the challenge by reading my blog, where we can ALL communicate about our progress on our journey together on our 20lbs by Christmas CHALLENGE!!!!

Sending you huge love and support,

Mel :-) xxxxxx

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/meowmezzo
  • Crweb29
    Crweb29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go Craig!!! :-D

Thanks!
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My goal is to reduce my body fat. Right now I weigh 145 with a 31.5% body fat. I want to get that to a healthier under 25% range. I plan to measure every 4 weeks to track results.
  • jkb1129
    jkb1129 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Looking forward to the challenge and supporting each other! My goals are to:

1 - Get down to 140 pounds -- this is the lowest I've ever been and it's within reach!
    2 - Fit better in my clothes
    3 - Maintain my exercise routine of working out at least four days/week
    4 - Track my food on MFP every day except my "cheat" day!
    5 - Feel better, have more energy, and be stronger!
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

1. Log everything I eat everyday, good and bad.
    2. Exercise 4X per week.
    3. Lose 20 pounds by Christmas.
  • HappyLuckyAlix
    HappyLuckyAlix Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10 real push ups. Respect! :-)