Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Repeat after Me:

"I am NOT a hoarder"
    "I am NOT a hoarder"
    "I am NOT a hoarder"

3 bikes went to the Women's Domestic Violence Shelter all in perfect tip-top condition. (1 with luggage racks, too.)
    1 recumbent trike sold to a young man needing serious transportation.

1 hybrid gets rode constantly.
    Test riding roadies at the moment.

(eta: donated 3 bikes to Kidsville orphanage this past Christmas. Got em from a GF whose kids are all in college. Took em beatup & worn out to the bike shop for shine-repair before donating. One was a really classy Trick bike.)
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm glad you could do that. I'm sure there will be some people that really appreciate the donations. :wink: :drinker:
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Just added a Kona Wo to the stables.

1zbargo.jpg

Very nice. My guy just got a 9zero7 and he's just like a happy little kid!
    I want a fat bike but my wife says I have to get rid of my SS if I want a fat bike. NOOOOOoooooooooo!!!
  • slocyclist
    Options
    Added another to the stable for my wife. This one is for my wife, and will be awaiting its arrival from Seattle over the next week. It is a 1973 Raleigh Grand Prix rebuilt four years ago. Decked out as an around town bike. (Seller's photos)

i-H4m8CCf-M.jpg

i-TgmSBMt-M.jpg

i-W7ZpsSb-M.jpg

More/larger photos at http://smorris.smugmug.com/Leaning-Against-the-Wall/Raleigh

That makes 9.5 for us.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Are those cork hand grips?
  • slocyclist
    Options
    Are those cork hand grips?
    Yep, shellacked cork grips. I've got the same without shellack on my Xtracycle.

DSC_0021-M.jpg
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm glad you could do that. I'm sure there will be some people that really appreciate the donations. :wink: :drinker:

Thanks :smile: Updated from the Women's Domestic Violence Shelter, I found out the luggage-rack bike was used daily by women to go get their groceries (I gave them the lock, too.) Before they had to walk and this way they were faster (and happier:laugh: ). The Kidsville bikes get ridden by kids there taking turns. The Trick bike gets ridden the most, lol. :laugh:
  • ihadabadidea
    ihadabadidea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ATM, all I have is an '85 Schwinn Le Tour, but I plan on buying a crank forward bike once the weather clears up, and I'm eyeing old 10 speeds to build a replacement for the single speed converison I traded a friend for to get my wife's cruiser.

Tried a Nirve and HATED it. I think I could get used to a crank forward it if I rode one for a while, but it just felt weird. Ended up with a Gran Royale Aristocrat from Nashbar, which was selling for about half what comparable bikes were going for. It reminds me a lot of my old Columbia 3 speed, except it's half the weight and rattles a lot less. I like it so much that I'm thinking of selling my touring bike.

On the hunt for a single speed conversion, I picked up an old 10 speed Huffy like this one that will end up in the hands of my wife or two other women I know who want a "cute" bike. Hopefully that will lead them down the path of better bikes. :)

kaya-pulsar-10-speed-01.jpg

At some point, said bike got an SR stem and a nasty mountain bike bar; it's now sporting some classic Northroads bars.
  • AreUjoking2
    AreUjoking2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I have 3. A cruiser for just riding the kids around the neighborhood, and mountain bike for camping or when I want to burn more calories, and a road bike
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Redline Flight 29'r MTB for when I am extremely overweight
    Forte fixed gear road for training
    Cervelo Soloist ...fat bike/rain bike
    Cervelo S2...race bike < 190 lbs
  • Technolero
    Options
    Just bought a 2014 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL4 Red. Awesome.

I also have a 2008 Gary Fisher Montare (29er).
  • fivespotter
    fivespotter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Four:
    1. 2001 Giant ATX hardtail
    2. 2007 Specialized FSR
    3. 2011 Specialized Stupjumper FSR
    4. 2013 Specialized Roubaix

I love each and every one of them!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I just picked up number 5 on Saturday morning.

Trek 7.5 FX hybrid- Used for urban riding, night rides, and now my daughter uses it too
    Trek 2.1- My speedy, sexy road bike
    Cannondale Tango- My first mtn bike. Meh
    Novara Buzz single speed- I got her just for looks. She needs more miles

and last but definitely not least

Salsa Warbird 3- The latest and greatest in the stable. Gravel bike that rides like a sports car. Sexy as hell.

ETA: Yellow bikes are faster than red.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    is that road-rash on your shoulder from where you dropped the new toy ??
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    is that road-rash on your shoulder from where you dropped the new toy ??

Why yes it is. Wrecked her pretty hard on the first trip out. The onlookers kept asking if I was okay, but all I cared about was my new beauty.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    ah, sorry you hit the floor yourself...

TBH, sometimes its almost as well to get the first spill over with early on a bike that's destined to spend time off-tarmac. I find it stops me being too "precious" about them... but then again, I'm a complete Bike-OCD sufferer :laugh:
  • sillygoosie
    Options
    It's a tiny scratch (on the bike. I'm in a bit rougher shape, but okay) and I take it as a sign that she is destined to be a great bike. I could not be more in love.
  • CyclngChick
    CyclngChick Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Five:
    - Specialized Epic 26er
    - Cannondale F600 (Sobe Edition) that I converted to a singlespeed
    - Orbea road bike (old team bike, not exactly sure of the model)
    - Cannondale Saeco CAAD 4 converted to a TT Bike
    - Trek X01 Cyclocross bike
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    4 for me.

Cervelo R3 - main road bike (used 90% of the time)
    Trek 2.1 - Back-up bike/turbo trainer bike
    Trek Gary Fisher X-Cal 29er - MTB
    Trek 720 Multitrack - 15 year old beater/tourer, perfect for trips to the beach
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Do I own? Not sure... can't keep track off the top of my head.

Do I ride regularly? 4:

- Waltworks custom -- steel HT 29er trailbike
    - Yeti ASR-5 -- aluminum full suspension 26" trailbike
    - Specialized Roubaix -- carbon roadie
    - Cervelo P2 -- carbon tri bike