Options
    Day 8

Oct8_zps0cf3f994.jpg

cardio: none
    strength: none
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 2590 calories
    today's deficit: 650 calories
    cumulative deficit: 7726 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (italian sausage, banana peppers, pineapple)

Day 9

Oct9_zps8174cd5e.jpg

cardio: 8.5 mile walk (1188 calories)
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 3778 calories
    today's deficit: 78 calories
    cumulative deficit: 7804 calories

today's pizza... 2 x Papa John's large slice (pepperoni, spicy italian sausage, canadian bacon, green peppers, olives, onions, mushrooms)
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    as you can see, i don't starve myself. my normal eating pattern includes a mix of high calorie days, low calorie days, and middle calorie days. if i'm hungry, i eat. if i'm not, i don't. rarely do i find myself hungry, but avoiding eating to keep my calories low... when i eat lots of calories, i make time to burn lots of calories with cardio. it's just part of the equation when you are trying to lose weight. for that reason, i can eat 3700 calories in a day and still finish the day with a small deficit.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I like that, and I find myself doing very much the same thing. I've been intrigued by 5;2, but I've decided to do the same high/low day thing intuitively or as appetite/occassion/opportunity allows. The more flexibility the better, IMO. :drinker:
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    I like that, and I find myself doing very much the same thing. I've been intrigued by 5;2, but I've decided to do the same high/low day thing intuitively or as appetite/occassion/opportunity allows. The more flexibility the better, IMO. :drinker:

i don't have an opinion on 5:2. i don't think there's anything wrong with fast days or occasional low calorie days. however, i don't really mix up my calorie levels on purpose, so i'm definitely not doing some sort of intermittent fasting... it's just that my normal eating patterns seem to end up being like this. i have to make a conscious effort to try and keep my calories at the same level day in and day out and i figure if i can make up for extra calories with extra cardio, why not? the good news is that after a couple of days of high calorie intake, i generally have low calorie intake for a couple of days because i'm just not that hungry. so the days all average each other out. for me, it really is all about the averages. i think that's a healthy way to think about all of this. if i focused on eating exactly 1590 calories every single day, i'd go nuts. *shrugs*
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    also, somebody commented to me privately about me not eating vegetables. i am not a big vegetable fan. i like broccoli and lima beans and peas and a few others, but i don't really sit down to prepared meals, so fixing a side course of vegetables every night is just not something i do (the pitfalls of being a single guy). i do try to eat fruits. strawberries, bananas, apples, grapes, oranges, watermelon, etc. but it depends a lot on whether i can find good produce in the grocery store. i'll always buy oranges if there are good large navel oranges available. sadly, that's rare these days. bins of watermelons have just been replaced by bins of pumpkins at the stores, so those seem to be gone until next summer. maybe i'll make a conscious effort to get some grapes or blueberries on my next trip to the supermarket. i do take a multivitamin every morning with food, so i don't think i'm lacking in vitamins. i have been taking centrum probably since i was a teenager. it seems to be working so far. ;)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 10

Oct10_zps257f2059.jpg

cardio: 7.3 mile walk (1021 calories)
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 3611 calories
    today's deficit: 1941 calories
    cumulative deficit: 9745 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (pepperoni, spicy italian sausage, canadian bacon, green peppers, olives, onions, mushrooms)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Great data - Good running commentary on everything too!
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 11

Oct11_zpsda3862f1.jpg

cardio: 7.3 mile walk (1021 calories)
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 3611 calories
    today's deficit: 1341 calories
    cumulative deficit: 11,086 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (pepperoni, spicy italian sausage, canadian bacon, green peppers, olives, onions, mushrooms) + Papa John's large slice (Hawaiian BBQ Chicken - hold the onions, double order of pineapple)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 12

Oct12_zps539ddf1b.jpg

today's deficit: 328 calories
    cumulative deficit: 11,414 calories

today's pizza... 4 x Papa John's large slice (pepperoni, spicy italian sausage, canadian bacon, green peppers, olives, onions, mushrooms) + Papa John's large slice (Hawaiian BBQ Chicken - hold the onions, double order of pineapple)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 13

Oct13_zps61b07ade.jpg

today's deficit: -270 calories
    cumulative deficit: 11,144 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (Hawaiian BBQ Chicken - hold the onions, double order of pineapple)

Day 14

Oct14_zps9cecca2a.jpg

today's deficit: 718 calories
    cumulative deficit: 11,862 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (Hawaiian BBQ Chicken - hold the onions, double order of pineapple)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 15

Oct15_zps06fa846b.jpg

today's deficit: -5 calories
    cumulative deficit: 11,139 calories

Day 16

Oct16_zpsac537878.jpg

today's deficit: -1065 calories
    cumulative deficit: 10,074 calories

Day 17

Oct17_zps5f05d305.jpg

today's deficit: -1370 calories
    cumulative deficit: 8704 calories

Day 18

Oct18_zps5aa979ec.jpg

today's deficit: -480 calories
    cumulative deficit: 8224 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (Hawaiian BBQ Chicken - hold the onions, double order of pineapple) + Papa John's large slice (canadian bacon, double order of banana peppers, double order of pineapple)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    slid backwards this week... high calories, cold weather, 48-hour flu, raiding the Halloween candy, and an inability to get outside for some cardio has wiped out a bit of my cumulative cardio deficit (about 3000 calories worth), so now i'll need to get myself back on track this weekend and start building that deficit back up to where it should be by the end of the month. it's useful to have a week like this though... it shows that there's no shame in having a few days like this. you can always recover from them and there is certainly no need to feel any guilt or shame about them - disappointment is ok, but it's never ok to feel guilty about eating food (especially Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 19

Oct19_zps98267f87.jpg

cardio: 6.1 mile walk (853 calories)
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 3443 calories
    today's deficit: 863 calories
    cumulative deficit: 9087 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (canadian bacon, double order of banana peppers, double order of pineapple)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 20

Oct20_zps5b30fb50.jpg

cardio: 12.0 mile walk (1678 calories)
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 4268 calories
    today's deficit: 1448 calories
    cumulative deficit: 10,535 calories

today's pizza... 2 x Papa John's large slice (canadian bacon, double order of banana peppers, double order of pineapple)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Brainy - this is great!
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Brainy - this is great!

i should have waited until a day or two before Halloween to buy the Halloween candy though... :cry:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    i should have waited until a day or two before Halloween to buy the Halloween candy though... :cry:

Ha Ha Ha!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Ha Ha Ha!
    Me too. I'm going to have to rebuy it for the Trick or Treaters, THEN hardly any kids will show up anyway. THEN it'll be in stores for 75% off for weeks.... :grumble: Can next month's challenge be Eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Lose Weight. Easy! ???
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    Day 21

Oct21_zps0492027c.jpg

cardio: 6.1 mile walk (853 calories)
    TDEE using MFP #'s: 3443 calories
    today's deficit: 398 calories
    cumulative deficit: 10,933 calories

today's pizza... Papa John's large slice (canadian bacon, double order of banana peppers, double order of pineapple)