JOURNAL: Dear bulking diary...

Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, it sure is something else to wrap your mind around!
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're doing great! adjusting to gaining weight is mentally challenging for me as well...it's so terrifying, just hoping that any portion of that gain is MUSCLE :) Just keep up the good work lifting and it will be worth it!!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 5: week of 28 October 2013

Average intake of 2376 kcal per day, again a bit over my daily goal of 2300 kcal.
    Weight per 2 November = 55.6 kg: - 0.9 kg when compared with last week
    + 1.6 from start of bulk, average of + 0.32 per week.

Started a fiber supplement because on average I turned out a bit low on that. This has solved my earlier input/output discrepancy, hence the drop in weight. Overall I think I'm well on target.

Regarding lifting: my current workout routine has me do 2 full body workouts per week. I'm afraid the volume is a bit low to get the most out of this bulk. Therefor I'm adding an extra "light" workout day per week, until recovery becomes an issue. Also, I'm hitting PR after PR! This morning I got 45 kg on squats, 30 kg on bench, 35 kg on BOR, 20 kg on OHP and my absolute pride & joy: 55 kg (= current BW-ish!) at SLDL :bigsmile:
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your PR's!!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I think you've for a great plan there and awesome work on those PRs!!! Your weight is good too!!!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 6: week of 4 November 2013

Average intake of 2350 kcal per day, again a bit over my daily goal of 2300 kcal.
    Weight per 10 November = 56.8 kg: + 1.2 kg when compared with last week, but also TOM so probably partially water weight.
    + 2.8 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.47 kg per week.

I'm feeling that I'm filling my clothes a bit better, but I'm not feeling "fatty" which is good. Have to admit that I noticed the start of a belly roll, but that can also be partially contributed to some TOM bloat.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Great progress!

eta: I asked about gym results but then noticed the PR's so NVM. Great work!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Yeah, TOM f***ed me up pretty badly, but it all went away LOL. Just keep it up!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 7: week of 11 November 2013

Average intake of 2340 kcal per day, again a bit over my daily goal of 2300 kcal.
    Weight per 16 November = 56.3 kg: - 0.5 kg when compared with last week.
    + 2.3 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.33 kg per week.

I'm going up in weight a bit steeper then I'm aiming for, but I'm also enjoying the November eating a bit more then anticipated. It's not too bad though, since I rather overshoot a bit then gain too little to make most of this bulk. This morning I dug up some pants out of my closet that I shrunk out of earlier this year: they now fit right again. My mom commented on the pants when she came over and said that I was looking really good. Compliments like that really help look past the bloated feeling!
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    That's great! Compliments definitely go a long way.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 8: week of 18 November 2013

Average intake of 2305 kcal per day, hit my daily goal of 2300 kcal for a change.
    Weight per 23 November = 56.7 kg: + 0.4 kg when compared with last week.
    + 2.7 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.34 kg per week.

Starting to feel a bit chubby, but am still good on the whole.
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    That's great progress! Wonderful job on the steady gain!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Thank you!

This weekend will mark 9 weeks / 2 months into this bulk and I intend to take some measurements then. Will see how that goes :wink:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 9: week of 25 November 2013

Average intake of 2651 kcal per day: way over my daily goal of 2300 kcal.
    Weight per 2 december = 58.3 kg: + 1.6 kg when compared with last week.
    + 4.3 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.48 kg per week.

This past week sure was a week of stress and gluttony. I intended to take my measurements yesterday, but TOM announcing itself put a wrench in that. Perhaps next week when the bloat has gone down a bit. Must say that I'm tempted to go maintenance for the week, just to even out for this past week. On the other hand, it's Sinterklaas on Wednesday with all the associated foods that i also really don't want to skimp on. Decisions, decisions...

I feel fat right now. :sad:
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Definitely wait for the bloat to fade before taking measurements!
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    Agreed on waiting to measure. It would probably mess with you if you're feeling bloated. It seems like you're doing well though!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    You girls and the TOM syncing! I would wait for the measurements as well.