JOURNAL: Dear bulking diary...

Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and they say that happens only when women are living in close proximity of each other :laugh:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 10: week of 2 December 2013

Average intake of 2203 kcal per day.
    Weight per 7 December = 57.7 kg: - 0.6 kg when compared with last week.
    + 3.7 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.37 kg per week.

I've been overshooting my average daily calorie goal of 2300 kcal much too often, resulting in a too steep gain rate. With the holidays I expect that going over will happen some more in the upcoming weeks. So, to keep my gain at a more slow and steady pace, I'm lowering my average daily calorie goal to 2200. Will see how this will work!

Measurements:

Waist: 69 cm -> 72 cm = + 3 cm
    Belly button: 77 cm -> 81 cm = + 4 cm
    Hips: 82.5 cm -> 87 cm = + 4.5 cm
    Thigh: 52 cm -> 55 cm = + 3 cm
    Bicep (not flexed): 25 cm -> 26.2 cm (left) = + 1.2 cm (No change for right)

I must say that I enjoy getting a bit more curvier again. Also, pants that I wore before at this weight fit entirely different: tighter in the legs and roomier in the stomach and bum area. Promising! It feels very weird though to feel strong, slim and fat at the same time.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Great progress and I'm with you on the weird feelings!
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    excellent progress!!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan! I've noticed how differntly things fit as well.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 11: week of 9 December 2013

Average intake of 2179 kcal per day.
    Weight per 14 December = 56.9: - 0.8 kg when compared with last week.
    + 2.9 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.26 kg per week.

I think I lost a bit of water weight, but am not too concerned about it, because it brings my gain rate to a more optimal pace for a clean bulk. Will see next week if I can turn around this downward trend.

Both the phases of feeling ravenous and having carb/sweet cravings have come and gone. I've now arrived at the "I need to eat more but don't really want to" phase. Last night I crammed in another 350 kcal's worth of nuts, just to get near my average daily goal of 2200. It seems I'll need to treat this as a minimum instead of a maximum from now on and will be aiming to end somewhere between 2200 and 2300 as daily average when measured over a week.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Also, I switched to a new workout routine. Previously I've been doing full body workouts three times per week. I've switched to an upper/lower split, twice per week. This morning was my first upper day and I must say that I really feel the higher volume. Good thing that I will have a massage tomorrow at work...
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Between losing weight, needed to eat more but can't seem to, and changing routines...sounds like we're pretty much in the same place right now! We've got this.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 14: week of 30 December 2013

Average intake: unknown, but probably a lot.
    Weight per 4 January : 58.8 kg, + 1.9 kg when compared with 3 weeks ago.
    + 4.8 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.34 kg per week.

Still going strong. Gain rate is still a bit on the steep side with the holidays and all, but to be honest I'm not feeling too bad about it. I mean, I am getting bigger and have a belly roll again but I'm not feeling extra fat most of the time. It helps that I see in the mirror that I'm getting more muscular :bigsmile:
    Will see if I can get my husband to shoot some halfway there pictures :wink:

Must admit that I had a minor scare this morning when the scale said 60 kg, because that was my initial end of bulk goal weight. I'm still feeling good about it though, so I'm going to continue. Even if it takes me beyond 60 kg.
    14 weeks of bulking down, another 12 to go!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Your attitude about it is admirable/ send some of that magic this way. ;)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Must admit that I had a minor scare this morning when the scale said 60 kg, because that was my initial end of bulk goal weight. I'm still feeling good about it though, so I'm going to continue. Even if it takes me beyond 60 kg.
    14 weeks of bulking down, another 12 to go!

My initial end goal was 130 lbs and I'm fast approaching that (current between 126 and 128) with 12-13 weeks left....and I am okay with that too! :drinker:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Yay us! :drinker:
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress, can't wait to see your mid-point photos. :-)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Way to kick *kitten*, pandora :) Love your attitude! Looking forward to the progress pics!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Pictures will come this weekend probably... :smile:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Doing great girl!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Week 15: week of 6 January 2014

Average intake: 2200 kcal per day.
    Weight per 11 January : 58.5 kg, - 0.3 kg when compared with last week.
    + 4.5 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.3 kg per week.

I've hit another fase of not being hungry and have terrible trouble to get even my maintenance amount in. last night I made part of it up in beer. If my weight has gone down / stays even at my next weigh-in I'm going to have to up my intake.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I had to do that with gelato last night. Frustrating!