Sarahstrezo's bulking Log

Options

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Ugh, losing weight i"m sure is frustrating but as women, we tend to go up and down anyway so hopefully it's not a real loss. You're still doing great though and I'm loving following you in this!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Week 18: Average cals around 2900
    Weight 134.8 - finally an increase!
    Keeping my cals right around here. All my lifts are going well and I'm having a little bit of an easier time getting the food in. I'm still sick of eating, but I'm not finding it as much a challenge as I was a few weeks ago.
    Ideally, I'd like to hit a solid 136 on the scale as that would give me a total 10 lb gain. So…I'm willing to keep at this surplus unit I get there. I'm close, so maybe it will only we an additional week or 2. We shall see…

lifts are still progressing well.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was at a point where I was sick of eating as well, but got over it. Still liking forward to cutting, but I'm staying with the bulk until March 14. You've got this!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week 19….
    average cals…in between 2900 & 3000
    Big jump on the scale today at 137. I'm sure some of it is water weight as I wasn't drinking nearly enough water this weekend and too many cosmos ;)

This morning I weighed exactly what I did when I started MFP almost 2 years ago. At that point, I had already lost about 3-4 lbs on my own and was about 27-28% body fat. Today, I would guess that I am around 20-21% .Score 1 for LBM gains!

Eating enough isn't really a struggle anymore mentally, but I am looking forward to cutting. I'm feeling fatter than I like and my clothes are definitely getting tight (especially the jeans). And…I'm definitely noticing the loss of definition in my body.
    I'm looking forward to feeling lean again and to see some of this new muscle pop out with a cut!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much at the same point as you--same weight as when I joined MFP over two years ago and my pants are TIGHT. First time I've had a muffin top in a long, long time. I'm just feeling doughy. I'm trying to stick it out for 4 more weeks.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    I'm pretty much at the same point as you--same weight as when I joined MFP over two years ago and my pants are TIGHT. First time I've had a muffin top in a long, long time. I'm just feeling doughy. I'm trying to stick it out for 4 more weeks.

I think I'm done Feb 28th. Then I'll do maintenance for 2 weeks before I start an actual cut. I'm happy with my gain so far and am anxious to cut some of this fluff. 21 weeks is a long time.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    As always great job lady! Can't believe that it's almost over! Feels like we just started....
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    It does, doesn't it, holly?!?
    I noticed something else the other day in regards to time flying by. When I first started lifting, I always had short term goals in mind. Like "I'm going to do this 16 week program" and then I'd finish and think "I can't believe I just finished 16 more weeks of lifting". And….now my midst is totally on the long term. Maybe it's because I'm doing a program with no end date, or maybe lifting is just becoming such a part of who I am. Either way…I thought about how I've been at a bulk for almost 5 months now and never once counted the weeks/months that I was lifting….it's just part of my routine.
    I don't know if that even makes sense to anyone else … lol
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    It makes sense to me! I feel like lifting has just become a part of who I am too. It's not a means to an end - it just is. It's part of my life and not something I'm trying to try and lose weight like it was at first. I can't wait to get back to it every time over the last 18 months that I've had to back off from it and I can't imagine this ever not being a major portion of my fitness life.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    It makes sense to me! I feel like lifting has just become a part of who I am too. It's not a means to an end - it just is. It's part of my life and not something I'm trying to try and lose weight like it was at first. I can't wait to get back to it every time over the last 18 months that I've had to back off from it and I can't imagine this ever not being a major portion of my fitness life.

Yes, I think that's exactly it. I no longer look at it as a means to an end.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Week: 20
    Average cals: 2900-3000 again…wasn't super accurate on logging.
    Weight: 136.6….still bumping around this same .5 lbs for the past week. But…whatevs…I've got one more week. What will be, will be I guess.
    I decided to do measurements and pics today rather than next week just because I was in the mood.

Pretty much all of my measurements have gone up.
    Waist - 26
    Belly Button - 28.5
    Hips - 35.5
    Bust - 31.5
    Chest - 32.25
    Thigh - 22 (yikes on these puppies!)
    Calf - 13.75
    Bicep un flexed - 11
    Bicep flexed - 11.75

According to my calculations that should put my fat mass at around 27 lbs and my lean mass at around 109 lbs.

And…for the post bulk pics:
    6ejk3q.jpg
    dcc7t4.jpg
    vfi5ty.jpg
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    And…my profile pic is a comparison of a year. Top is January 2013 at about 127 lbs and bottom is today at 136.6 lbs
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    and….side by side comparisons. In these I can definitely see where my extra fluff went, but that's ok. I'm looking forward to my slow cut to trim some of this off and get some definition back.
    (left is pre right is post bulk)

30c5edf.jpg
    qq255l.jpg

Back pic is non-flexed:
    2ahsl5l.jpg

and…looking at these, even though my *kitten* got bigger….it definitely got perkier, I think. So that's good ;)
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    I was going to say the same thing about your rear ... It looks fantastic! Job extremely well done girl. ????????????????????????
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Definitely a great bum-lift post bulk - envious!
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    amazing progress!

ETA: I was thinking about skipping my back/bi's workout tonight - but your progress pics have motivated me to do it anyways!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    amazing progress!

ETA: I was thinking about skipping my back/bi's workout tonight - but your progress pics have motivated me to do it anyways!

Haha! Thanks! I love working back...it's my fav day!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! I'm awful at the forums and reading threads, I never remember to do it! You look great though! Biggest change I see is in your butt! So perky and round :) WTG!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Damn chick! GREAT PROGRESS!!!
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    Ok….6 weeks into my cut.

I have lost 2 lbs total and am now at 134.5

Waist - down 1/2 inch
    Belly button - down 1/2 inch
    Hips - down 1/4 inch
    thigh - down 3/4 inch

All in all the cut has been going well. I'm averaging 2200 calories (per macros) maybe a tad less on rest days. I have 45% carbs set as that seems to work for me this time without the lack of cals affecting my wo too much.

I don't really find myself all that hungry and I definitely haven't noticed any loss of strength, so that's all good. I'll continue on where I am until the loss stalls again. Ideally, I really only want to get down to 130 so it's only another 4.5 lbs to go.
    I'm hoping to be on maintenance for the entire summer and then start another bulk come September.