Yogaga1's bulking journal

Options

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I've been sick for the past two weeks (sinus infection I can't shake) and haven't felt as energized to go and do my workouts. It's tough, but you'll get through it.
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Seems I need to take it easy! Just as my arm has finally healed, I am reporting with the new injury of the week- this time it's my back! :sad:

While attempting a PR on my deadlift yesterday, I did something nasty to my lower back. I felt it almost immediately and dropped the weights. Didn't hear a pop or crack, just intense pressure in my lower back all of a sudden. I happened to be filming my form at the time and from what I can tell- I was doing it exactly as I should have! Not sure what went wrong. My husband offered a massage last night to help, but as of this morning I am in even worse pain. Some of which I think is just soreness from my husband massaging WAY too hard (Ohhh, men!). I can't walk without being hunched over and any twist or bend I attempt ends in a whimper! The contour of my lower back FEELS different, too. Like it doesn't curve the same way...

WTF! I pray I didn't seriously injure myself, especially since we are in the middle of switching to new insurance so I am currently without!

So, with that said, I am taking the next few days off to rest and heal. Since I am not hitting weights, I have also lowered my caloric intake to maintenance for the rest of the week. Fingers crossed this is just a small bump in the road.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Yikes! Heal up!!! :ohwell:
  • yogaga1
    Options
    My weight has been all over the place but as of this morning, my stats are:

Weight: 126.4 / Up 1.4lbs
    BF%: 21% / Up 1% BF
    Bust: 33" / Stayed the same
    Chest: 30 " / Stayed the same
    Waist: 27.5" / Up 1.5"... Yikes
    Belly Button: 31" / Up 2"... Also yikes!
    Right Arm: 10"/ Stayed the same
    Right Thigh: 20.5"/ Stayed the same
    Shoulders: 39" / Stayed the same
    Neck: 12"/ Down .5"
    Hips: 33.5"/ Down .5"

As you can see, the only increase in inches I've had is in the tummy area! The mind games are def starting. I wake up every other day feeling like I look great and the others like I look like a total fatty. Silly, I know. But it's where I'm at! This is the heaviest I have been in about 10 months, so I'm starting to get a little antsy, but trying to keep my eye on the prize!

Good news-

My back is 100% better. Took 2 extra days off last week to heal and it's back to normal this morning. Thank goodness! I was terrified I ruptured a disc or something! I am going to deload on my DL and take it a little slower this week to work on form.

I was able to progress big time on my bench this week, adding 10lbs to the bar! I also progressed on my squat and am finally able to get reaaaaally low. Hurray!

Lastly, in the last month, drumroll please...my butt has LIFTED an inch!!! My yoga pants never looked so good, ha!

Overall, it was a good month and I look forward to month two! (You know, as long as my belly stops growing!)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I'm with you on feeling like a fatty some days! I'm glad your back is better, and I agree deloading and working up slowly is smart. Great job!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Had a great week last week.

Balanced my macros perfectly, progressed my lifts at every workout, gained .4lbs and felt great all week. Wish I could have a week like this every week!

All the water weight from TOM is gone so my measurements for my waist and belly area went back down a few inches. Phew! Not feeling like such a fatty anymore. Silly side note. Boobs are killing me. They have come back with a vengeance. No complaints, but ouch!! They hurt!

That's all I've got!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic that you had such a great week! That certainly will help with the motivation to keep at it!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That's great progress!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Yay for that bloat going away! I think it left you and came to me hahahaha!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Weight bounced all over the place this week from 122 up to 128. We had an early Thanksgiving celebration with one part of the family that lead to an overabundance of sodium so I am bloated like a mofo. So, hard to say what my true weight is as the moment! My calories were consistent so hopefully just the .4lbs i'm attempting to gain weekly.

Lifting was REALLY hard this week. I suppose it's payback for having a great week last week. I struggled every workout and even had to deload on Squats on Saturday just to make it through.

Oh well. I'm sure this week will be better. Looking forward to my first Thanksgiving in years where it will be considered totally appropriate for me to get "seconds"...whoohooooo!!!
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the not so great lifting week but we all have them. I'm sure you will be back to killing it in no time!
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Brush it off and enjoy this week! Hopefully with the holiday and extra fuel your lifts will get back to where they were this week. Chin up, you're doing great!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Down to 127 but I am also pretty sick at the moment so that may be playing in to it.

I was under calories just a smidge each day but I ate like a champ on Thanksgiving so it all balanced out in the end. I'm a bloated mess from TOM, being sick & all the sodium I have taken in from Thanksgiving feasts & leftovers.

Started Madcow this week after 2 rounds of Stronglifts. It's "easy week" but so far I enjoy the switch up.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Sorry you're not feeling well. Once that passes you're gonna kick some @$$ again! I'm starting a new stage in my lifting program and am really excited too!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • caseythirteen
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon and enjoy the new program!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Get well soon :(
  • HMVOL7409
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon and GL with the new program!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Last week was a total loss. I spent the majority of it in bed due to a nasty cold. I decided it was best to take the week off of lifting and just eat at maintenance until I recovered. This was the first time in almost 2 years that I have taken off a week of exercising. It was weird but my body def needed a break.

I am still at 127 as to be expected but haven't taken measurements. I don't feel back to 100% yet but I am well enough to lift today and get back into the swing of things. Looking forward to getting back to my normal routine!