Yogaga1's bulking journal

Options

Replies

• littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oh whoops, I'm not sure how I mixed those up. :blushing: Still, 90 bp is great too!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Take it one day at a time and definitely trust the process!! You're moving right along girl!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am right where you are with being sick of the belly. I was looking at your measurements and something struck me. I, too, just took measurements and most of them are exactly the same as yours, including how much they have increased. BUT I weigh 110 lbs and you weigh 130 lbs.! Same 'size', but with 20 additional pounds! If I'm interpreting that right, it means good things for you (not so good for me :0). Just though it was interesting…

Hang in there! You are doing great!

I've got really similar measurements as both of you and am 126-128 lbs. How tall are you guys?
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You mean my real height or what I lie and say it is on my drivers license? ;)

I'm 5'4'' and considered small framed. I think part of the problem for me is that I am still a newb at weight training and just now building my base. I still look like I haven't lifted anything heavier than a grocery bag in my life. I'm sure it also doesn't help that I had a c-section a decade ago that left me with the "c-section shelf" which seems to be where I gain the weight in my stomach, making me look pregnant all the time. I expected a little belly during this bulk, but when my greatest gains are in my gut overall...it effs with my mind.

Or, maybe I'm just letting that voice get a little too loud in my head.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    You mean my real height or what I lie and say it is on my drivers license? ;)

I'm 5'4'' and considered small framed. I think part of the problem for me is that I am still a newb at weight training and just now building my base. I still look like I haven't lifted anything heavier than a grocery bag in my life. I'm sure it also doesn't help that I had a c-section a decade ago that left me with the "c-section shelf" which seems to be where I gain the weight in my stomach, making me look pregnant all the time. I expected a little belly during this bulk, but when my greatest gains are in my gut overall...it effs with my mind.

Or, maybe I'm just letting that voice get a little too loud in my head.

I'm 5'6"...ugh, I need to get BIGGER!
  • maruby95
    maruby95 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'3.5". And yes, I insist on the .5 :). And I think I look weak and puny, too (except for the love handles. grrr..). Isn't it interesting- I mean our similar measurements but different weights. How is that really possible? What accounts for that?I do have a very small frame (my wrist is 5 in) and basically no boobs. But I am far from looking 'cut'. I basically look like a teenage boy. Primal, by measurements, I even have a similar BF %. I started out about 18% and I think I'm about 21% now. So with similar measurments and BF% how can we be 10-20 lbs different in weight?!?

Facinating…

The scale is stupid.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the bp! :drinker: I totally hear you on the "fat" thing. I know I've been on here a few times freaking out about it. These gals always talk me down though, lol :laugh: It's hard, but you can do it! The body size/weight comparison thing is really interesting, isn't it? I've seen women who are my height but 30 lbs heavier than me (at my lowest cutting weight) who look super-lean. It's crazy how much variation there can be in people who are essentially the same "size".
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I'm only 5'3.5". And yes, I insist on the .5 :). And I think I look weak and puny, too (except for the love handles. grrr..). Isn't it interesting- I mean our similar measurements but different weights. How is that really possible? What accounts for that?I do have a very small frame (my wrist is 5 in) and basically no boobs. But I am far from looking 'cut'. I basically look like a teenage boy. Primal, by measurements, I even have a similar BF %. I started out about 18% and I think I'm about 21% now. So with similar measurments and BF% how can we be 10-20 lbs different in weight?!?

Facinating…

The scale is stupid.

It's gotta be the height thing. I have almost 2.5" on you.
  • yogaga1
    Options
    I think the bulking gods heard my cry and sent some love my way.

Excuse my language, but...

I look ****ing FABULOUS today.:smokin:

I wish I could bold that!

Nothing changed, scale weight still holding steady. I just happen to catch a glimpse of myself in my sons full length mirror this morning and had to do a double take. :noway: My thighs are SLAMMIN'. How did I hate this body just a few days ago?

*** Documenting to brag & re-read on fat days. Trust the process. TRUST THE PROCESS. TRUST THE PROCESS!!!!***:drinker:
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:

Awesome BP too :drinker:
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Hahahaha...I love this!!! :heart:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Excuse my language, but...

I look ****ing FABULOUS today.:smokin:

FIFY :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Yay! This is awesome! This just goes to show how much of this bulking business is a mind game. I find that doing bro-flexes in the mirror puts me in a better mood :tongue:
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options

Helped you out there hon!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    I find that doing bro-flexes in the mirror puts me in a better mood :tongue:

DIED LOLing! :laugh:

Thanks chicks!!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    As of this morning i'm at 131.4. Hard to gauge how much of that is water from yesterday- as I was at 130.2 all week. Either way, I'll take it! Up & down we go.

Had a super intense extra workout yesterday because I had a nice wave of energy going and wanted to hit the glutes hard! I am paying for that one. Hobbling along like a dummy this morning!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Hahaha love it!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    WhooHooo!!!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    woop woop, nice one!
  • yogaga1
    Options
    Scale moved back down to 130.2 all week but as of this morning with TOM starting, at 132.4. I'm going to let the bloat pass for a few days and then up my cals and extra 100 to get things moving again. YAY, MORE FOOD!!

I've officially decided I will stick out the bulk until March 1st as I had originally planned and then move into reverse dieting, then on to my cut. I took some progress pictures yesterday and I am finally seeing some actual progress (in places other than my tummy, ha!)! My biggest improvement overall is my butt & arms. EXACTLY what I was hoping for! Yahooooo!

I failed on my final rep last night during my bench press, but I was feeling pretty weak since TOM was on it's way, so I'll just blame it on that! Otherwise, lifts were solid this week.