General chat

Options

Replies

• Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm hungrier than a mo'fo' lately!! Who would have thunk that 2350 cals a day would never feel like "enough"....lol.
    As for deloads, unless my program has them built in (my current one does not), I'm really really bad about taking them. I always say or think that I will and then I hit the weight room and just put on my normal work weight....lol.

I know it's crazy. I had an easier time staying under 1500 calories than I do now staying under 2000. It's fn insane! Lol
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Anyone else taking their body fat measurements with calipers? That's the method my trainer prefers to keeps tabs on me and ouch, it hurts. I had forgotten since the last time I did it was on July 15. :grumble:
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Apparently one of my friends on here missed the memo that I was bulking...he commented on my diary last night "Almost perfect." I said, "What do you mean, almost?" And he replied, "You went over by 4 calories." :huh:
    Yeah... I disabled the "weight lost" announcements to my news feed. It feels kinda weird to be congratulated when losing weight is not the current goal.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Anyone else taking their body fat measurements with calipers? That's the method my trainer prefers to keeps tabs on me and ouch, it hurts. I had forgotten since the last time I did it was on July 15. :grumble:
    I have calipers but nobody around who can use them. I don't trust myself to measure correctly and my husband is afraid to hurt me with them. That's the opposite of your problem I guess :tongue:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    And while I'm spamming this thread: it's really bloatarama around here...
    I'm taking myself and my foodbaby to bed.

Good night!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    And while I'm spamming this thread: it's really bloatarama around here...
    I'm taking myself and my foodbaby to bed.

Good night!

Dude. Join the club. I'm having twins today. Sure of it!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Great news! That 3.8 lbs I've gained in two weeks...well, I don't know about that...BUT, I'm back in my size 0 pants, so I think things are good. I was nervous that the scale shifted so suddenly, but TOM is over, so it was definitely just bloat last week!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Great news! That 3.8 lbs I've gained in two weeks...well, I don't know about that...BUT, I'm back in my size 0 pants, so I think things are good. I was nervous that the scale shifted so suddenly, but TOM is over, so it was definitely just bloat last week!
    Cool.

At the moment my main issue seems to be not bloating perse, but the sheer amount of food in my gut. I'm apperently not getting rid of it in the same tempo I'm shoveling it in, causing a lot of belly. I'm even considering dried prunes in this stage :noway:
    And I'm still hungry, of course :laugh:
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Cool.

At the moment my main issue seems to be not bloating perse, but the sheer amount of food in my gut. I'm apperently not getting rid of it in the same tempo I'm shoveling it in, causing a lot of belly. I'm even considering dried prunes in this stage :noway:
    And I'm still hungry, of course :laugh:

Oh, my output definitely mirrors my input LMAO!

I'm hungry all the time too, but that's nothing new for me.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Try Kirkland Signature (Costco) Pysllium Husk Fiber. Its great. I do a serving daily before work and a serving around dinner time and am able to rid myself of my food babies every morning at 7am. Its like clockwork, lol. Half of my coworkers are on it, too. We have lots of conversations about its benefits, lol.

I have been losing weight - not sure what's happening. *shrug* Guess I will just have to eat more. Although eating feels like a full time job and I am just not very hungry at times. I think my foods are too low calorie - like carrots. No one can eat 200 calories of carrots. Its hard to get used to larger carb servings, but I am working on more rice, bread, pasta, etc.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Try Kirkland Signature (Costco) Pysllium Husk Fiber. Its great. I do a serving daily before work and a serving around dinner time and am able to rid myself of my food babies every morning at 7am. Its like clockwork, lol. Half of my coworkers are on it, too. We have lots of conversations about its benefits, lol.

I have been losing weight - not sure what's happening. *shrug* Guess I will just have to eat more. Although eating feels like a full time job and I am just not very hungry at times. I think my foods are too low calorie - like carrots. No one can eat 200 calories of carrots. Its hard to get used to larger carb servings, but I am working on more rice, bread, pasta, etc.
    Thanks for the tip on solving input/output discrepancies, will look if I can find something like that locally.

How long have you been losing weight? Only if the trend is down or constant over a period of say 2 to 3 weeks, I would up the intake. Also, why are you trying to bulk on carrots? This is THE time to get out the chocolate, peanutbutter, full fat milk, avocado's and the like! Nuts are also a nice calorie dense option to fill any gaps...
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The weight loss has been over two and a half weeks.

Ha ha, not trying to bulk on carrots, but I do enjoy carrots and always pack them for snacks at work. I am just trying to eat like I normally eat, but more volume, so as not to get spoiled on good, fatty foods. I struggle with keeping my fat down around 70g/day so I am trying to watch that.

Also, hate milk. It tastes gross, lol. And avocados.

I do eat the nuts and chocolate, but again, got to watch the fats.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    The weight loss has been over two and a half weeks.

Ha ha, not trying to bulk on carrots, but I do enjoy carrots and always pack them for snacks at work. I am just trying to eat like I normally eat, but more volume, so as not to get spoiled on good, fatty foods. I struggle with keeping my fat down around 70g/day so I am trying to watch that.

Also, hate milk. It tastes gross, lol. And avocados.

I do eat the nuts and chocolate, but again, got to watch the fats.
    :laugh:

I would certainly up a bit... Regarding the fats, I guess your eating pattern is a lot different from mine, as I have to take care to get enough fats in most days. What about the more carby stuff to get some extra cals in? I'm thinking nice fresh baked bread, cake or even cookies... :tongue:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.... I'm not big on groups- but I'm starting November my bulk- figured I'd pop in here- might keep a log- not sure. pretty excited- mostly because I'm hoping to see some real strength gains!!! I'm going to do a full write up of stats tomorrow and just hammar it for a few months and see what happens. :D Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Bumpity bump.... I'm not big on groups- but I'm starting November my bulk- figured I'd pop in here- might keep a log- not sure. pretty excited- mostly because I'm hoping to see some real strength gains!!! I'm going to do a full write up of stats tomorrow and just hammar it for a few months and see what happens. :D Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Welcome! Honestly, I feel like most groups that I'm part of are kinda standoffish, but this one is awesome and totally different. I promise!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I just never look for them- I find that if it's not easily available to me- I won't go hunt for it- but these seems to be something in my alley.

:)

I feel like I MAY have started my bulk a day early- I'm about 6 mini butter fingers deep already. :D LMAO
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

I'm kinda the same way but my feelings are geared towards the forums as a whole. Can't stand them and only a part of a few groups. One group I left bc, well, the moderators seemed very elitetist and god forbid you try to add something of knowledge. This group isn't like that at all and everyone is very supportive. Even though we all have different goals, background and knowledge we all are working towards the same thing in the end. I think you'll like it and good luck on your bulk!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Welcome to the group, looking forward to seeing you around!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!

today's the first day!!! okay- well technically yesterday was- I think I ate something obscene like 3500 calories- and yes- about 1500 of it was in the form of butterfinger!!!! I feel a little sad I didn't eat all that food in a candy form I REALLY love- but butterfingers are delicious- so whatever- I'll take it.

Has anyone else been SUPER anal retentive about logging/tracking/numbers? I am really wanting to create some interesting charts track my progress- I started this morning with basic weight and measurements. I would like to do 2 weights a day- but I don't think it's feasible- I mean technically it is- but I feel like "end of the day" weight compared to "first thing in the morning weight" is not really a good comparison. But I don't know if it would be helpful or not? Maybe thoughts?
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Personally I find that even weighing once a week is too much to really see a trend. Water fluctuations skew so much...