General chat

Options

Replies

• Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone, and welcome to a new month, with new opportunities to become even stronger. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Please remember to love yourselves and your bodies. Don't stress the small stuff, and let's make this bulking process fun. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else been SUPER anal retentive about logging/tracking/numbers? I am really wanting to create some interesting charts track my progress- I started this morning with basic weight and measurements. I would like to do 2 weights a day- but I don't think it's feasible- I mean technically it is- but I feel like "end of the day" weight compared to "first thing in the morning weight" is not really a good comparison. But I don't know if it would be helpful or not? Maybe thoughts?

I'm pretty anal (I log my daily intake and TDEE so I know if I have a defecit or surplus every day) but I only weigh in once a week. There are so many things that can cause fluctuations that I'd go crazy if I weighed in every day, let alone twice!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!

today's the first day!!! okay- well technically yesterday was- I think I ate something obscene like 3500 calories- and yes- about 1500 of it was in the form of butterfinger!!!! I feel a little sad I didn't eat all that food in a candy form I REALLY love- but butterfingers are delicious- so whatever- I'll take it.

Has anyone else been SUPER anal retentive about logging/tracking/numbers? I am really wanting to create some interesting charts track my progress- I started this morning with basic weight and measurements. I would like to do 2 weights a day- but I don't think it's feasible- I mean technically it is- but I feel like "end of the day" weight compared to "first thing in the morning weight" is not really a good comparison. But I don't know if it would be helpful or not? Maybe thoughts?

Not so much anymore. I give myself one day where I log but don't give a crap about meeting macros, quality etc. I do weigh daily or at least every other day for actual bulking purposes, not recomp, bc I do think its important to notice trends and see how your body is responding. Weighing once wouldn't be ideal for me bc if it's after a high carb day or a strenuous wo I wouldn't know for sure if it's a true gain. But that's me and I like knowing what my body is doing.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know daily wont' show a lot of the good kind of variance- but i'm interested to see what the numbers look like.

I might track both just for grins and chuckles for a week.

I started my official bulk with the most delicious bagel I've had in a very long time. I only did half of it with some cream cheese- I was short on food today anyway- so I definitely didn't feel that badly about it- just need to get some protein in for lunch LOL.

I'm switching macros form P/F/C of 40/40/20 to 40/30/30- I figure I could use the extra carbs-although I'm pretty sure delicious bagel isn't technically on the agenda for 30% carbs. Still nommy. LOL
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I am going to log it once a week now to keep closer track. I can fluctuate three pounds a day. I seem to be learning what's normal for me.
    Have an awesome weekend ladies!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    mine's been surprisingly steady at 162- goes to show you bad days equal out the good days- I have a pretty good mix of high and low- which for me I would be happier if I was more consistent- but I'm okay with a balance/average.

I might officially log 1 a week- but I think for at LEAST november my goal will be a minimum of 1 a day - if not two a day weights.

I'm going to be frustrated- I have Sunday/Monday/Tuesday off- which means I'll be at the BF's house. So eating is harder- working out is harder- everything is more difficult. sigh. oh well. Going to fight to make it happen- need to see if he has a weight scale and a food scale- if not I'll pack both of mine up and bring them with me. I feel like that might be a little OCD- but numbers are for nerds- and I"m a nerd. So HAVE at thee!!!! LOL
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I keep a new food scale in a box in case current one breaks. Not COD ,it's dedication :-)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I keep a new food scale in a box in case current one breaks. Not COD ,it's dedication :-)

Whoa...that's intense! Love it.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I have spare batteries. Mine died- and I bought a 2 pack- I won't say I panicked- but my life was annoyingly tippy toe/egg shell trying to watch what I eat. I much prefer knowing what I'm putting in my mouth.

I might have to break down and get a new weight scale- the one I have is so chitty.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I got a new scale recently, it made me 1 kg heavier overnight! :grumble:
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I got a new scale recently, it made me 1 kg heavier overnight! :grumble:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way :laugh:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I saw you were talking about fats a bit ago. How are you all on fats?
    I'm really struggling to eat all the calories I'm supposed to right now, I mean of course I do it, but usually only through the help of Ben and Jerry. Which in turn means I really have to watch my fats in general to not go over a lot...
    Is thus a problem or am I just making one up?
  • TriLifter
    Options
    My macros are ::currently:: (it's always changing) 30% protein, 20% carbs, and 50% fat...but I eat a paleo-style diet, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    I saw you were talking about fats a bit ago. How are you all on fats?
    I'm really struggling to eat all the calories I'm supposed to right now, I mean of course I do it, but usually only through the help of Ben and Jerry. Which in turn means I really have to watch my fats in general to not go over a lot...
    Is thus a problem or am I just making one up?
    I'm considering my fat and protein goals as minimums and don't sweat it if I go over occasionally. I'm more of a cheese & chocolate kind of girl then ice cream :tongue:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Wooooo yeah I love chocolate!! I mostly have chocolate ice cream (I always think of the protein in ice cream :D) I will be a but more relaxed with my day then :)
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I feel fat. Why do I feel so squishy when the scale is only up 1.5lb from the beginning of the bulk?

You know the part of your butt the attaches to your hamstrings? Like the "low butt'? How do I target that that develop it some? The top part of my glutes are nice and solid, but I feel like I am srs lacking in that low butt department.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I could use a lift in that butt area too! It's better than it was a year ago but genetics are not on my side in this case. I fear what a bulk will do! I've been doing glute bridges/hip thrusts and I think that has helped *some* but I think it's a tough area.

As for fat, I have a hard time staying low there. My current macros are 50/25/25 (C/P/F) but I think I generally end up closer to 40-45/25/30-35. I love butter, avocado, peanut butter, nuts, half & half (coffee) and ice cream. I try and do better but at times, it just adds up.
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I agree...low butt is my problem area too. Just keep on squatting and deadlifting.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    I reorganised my closet this morning. You know the drill: swapping summer stuff for winter stuff, filtering out the too big and too small things. I got rid of some jeans leggings that were tight even before bulking, but found that some other stuff I've grown into again. I'm very glad about that, because among those items are also some of my favourite stretch jeans! Tighter in the legs then before, but hey that's what I'm doing it for :laugh:
  • ironandpoptarts
    Options
    So awesome to see some ladies bulking! I know a few of you here so I decided to join the group. I've actually been bulking for a little over 10 weeks now. I'm going to start a bulking log to help track my progress. Honestly, this experience has really helped my relationship with food. When I was losing weight, trying to get my body fat down, I was pretty strict with what I ate and anal about logging. Since switching to IIFYM, my attitude towards food has relaxed quite a bit.