Varda's Half

Options
2»

Replies

• Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing your first half marathon! You are amazing!!
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is pure awesome! Thank you so much for sharing, Varda. I love that you felt bad about letting down your shoes! :laugh: Your fantastic run helps me tame my nerves for my half on Saturday -- which I WILL finish and I WILL get that sticker for my car! (It will be my only bumper sticker, but it will be there because I will have earned it.) One of my extra challenges will the the Table of Temptation at mile 11, which includes brownies, candy, Jack Daniels, etc. So proud of you and your accomplishments running this year!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    This is pure awesome! Thank you so much for sharing, Varda. I love that you felt bad about letting down your shoes! :laugh: Your fantastic run helps me tame my nerves for my half on Saturday -- which I WILL finish and I WILL get that sticker for my car! (It will be my only bumper sticker, but it will be there because I will have earned it.) One of my extra challenges will the the Table of Temptation at mile 11, which includes brownies, candy, Jack Daniels, etc. So proud of you and your accomplishments running this year!

Mile 11 was where I stopped for Gatorade. I'm not sure I would have started again if there had been Jack Daniels :drinker:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club Sweetie!

In the HM packets I got, they gave us a 13.1 sticker in the shape of a buffalo (they have a herd here at the park and is the mascot), so I have a unique 13.1 sticker that get to flaunt on my car.

I am so glad you trusted your training. I think that is the biggest tip I will pass on to new up and coming HM. Just think, next year you won't be the beginner anymore, you will be a veteran. Scary thought, isn't it! Ha ha!

You are so awesome! Enjoy your recovery....if you can. It drove me crazy lol.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Welcome to the club Sweetie!

In the HM packets I got, they gave us a 13.1 sticker in the shape of a buffalo (they have a herd here at the park and is the mascot), so I have a unique 13.1 sticker that get to flaunt on my car.

I am so glad you trusted your training. I think that is the biggest tip I will pass on to new up and coming HM. Just think, next year you won't be the beginner anymore, you will be a veteran. Scary thought, isn't it! Ha ha!

You are so awesome! Enjoy your recovery....if you can. It drove me crazy lol.

Actually...I trusted YOUR training. LOL.

I knew mine would get me halfway there but it was so very fortunate that I got helped by somebody doing walk/run intervals right when I needed them. I might not have been smart enough to tag along if it hadn't have been for your experience.

I just ordered my sticker from Amazon. Love that yours is shaped like a buffalo!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

That is sweet!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OOOh...love the thought of a buffalo 13.1 sticker! Listening to you guys talk about your HMs makes me want to run so bad my legs are tingling just thinking about it!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was looking through some of the older threads and found this one. Congratulations varda, sounds like you had a great race.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    :)