New Year's Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My goal seems to be in jeopardy. I have 2 1/2 weeks left but 11.5 lbs to go. I am following the plan but really thought I would be losing the 5-7 lbs a week I was told the average person loses with a sleeve. Don't get me wrong I'm happy and proud of the loss, it's the first holiday season in my life that I didn't gain weight during the holidays. It just I don't know if I'm not losing enough? Is there something I am not doing?

SW: 279.5
    CW: 266.5
    GW: 255

Gerri

I am shocked that you were told you would lose 5-7 pounds a week. Heck, I've been lucky to lose that much per month--even at the beginning! And I had gastric bypass. I find that slower, steady weight loss is so much healthier. I have never lost any hair, my blood levels are excellent and my health is 150% (in my book) improved over the last year. I've hit many stalls, but kept following my plan and everything worked out in the end. I reached normal BMI at 8 months post surgery and started maintenance about a month ago and am still slowly losing on about 1300-1500 net calories per day.
    Just keep following the plan you have been given and everything will work out.
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    2.5 weeks till the challenge is over. Cant wait to hear everyones results!

I'm still pushing and working out 6 days/week :)
  • Bubirn
    Bubirn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's what I was told would be the average in the first few months and then decrease from there. So I don't think I will make my NEw Year's goal but that's ok, I'm still moving in the right direction. Just will know better for next time that I shouldn't aim so high. I've been following the program and doing well but I really was under the impression that I was way behind in the weight loss so I guess I'm happy to know I was ill informed instead of being way behind, lol.
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    I had RNY and in the beginning I was always told I should average about 2 pounds/week :)
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Although I'm very late to jump on this train- I'm in. I'm about 3 months pre surgery and I need to get things moving in the right direction. My next dr visit isn't til 1/13, so I'll be updating my loss a little late too.

CW: 318
    GW: 310
  • Bubirn
    Options
    I guess all the holiday rushing and running around is helping me. Working towards my goal. Been a little lacked on gym, it's been cold and something to do every night but shopping n shoveling must count for something, lol.

Welcome Alex, never too late to join in. 3 months to go to surgery!! Nice belated present to yourself.

SW: 279.5
    CW: 263.5
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    I'm counting down the days! I can't wait to see everyone's results!

Just remember: Even if you may not reach your goal, you still accepted this challenge and went for it anyway! That's a lot more than most people can say! Be proud of yourself no matter what the numbers say!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    Just a few more days! I'm pretty excited to see how everyone does!
  • Alex729
    Options
    Although I'm very late to jump on this train- I'm in. I'm about 3 months pre surgery and I need to get things moving in the right direction. My next dr visit isn't til 1/13, so I'll be updating my loss a little late too.

CW: 318
    GW: 310

Just in case things get busy over the next few days; I had a check up today with dr. and decided to post early- I met my goal PLUS 2 lbs! :smile:
    I made a new goal of losing 8 more by my next Dr.'s appt on 1/13! But I'll repost that goal on the new challenge thread- when it's posted!

Good luck peeps!
  • Alex729
    Options
    Made my goal this morning. Took me forever, but it feels so good--especially after trying to get there for several months! Goal was 135 and I made it to 134.8. The best part is that the inches in the waist are going down!

Congrats!
  • drewgirl56
    drewgirl56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I realize this is a little late in the game, but since I had a goal anyway...The last time I went to the doctor (12/19) I was 348 lbs. I will be going back on the 2nd. Sooo:

cw: 348
    gw: 338
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    Glad to see people joining! Weigh-in day is tomorrow! Happy new years to us all! I hope you all have a wonderful and safe night tonight!
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to all of you amazing ones!

sw: 203
    cw: 193

Didn't get to my goal, but got through the holidays well. Have started at a fitness center and getting activity increased.

May 2014 bring the best to all of us as we bring our best to 2014!
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    SW: 282.2, GW: 250
    Today's Weight (drum roll) 250.4!

Feeling especially victorious because I did the last two weeks without my scale or my own cooking!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    You guys are doing awesome!

SW: 198
    GW: 185

Current weight..........175!

I feel so amazing for pushing it past! Especially considering the 2 holidays during this challenge.

Can't wait to see everyone's results!
  • Alex729
    Options
    Congrats to all!

I just wanted to add that I was able to say no to all holiday goodies- I stuck with fresh fruits, veggies, and high/lean proteins! I'm feeling very proud of myself today- great way to start the new year!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    Congrats to all!

I just wanted to add that I was able to say no to all holiday goodies- I stuck with fresh fruits, veggies, and high/lean proteins! I'm feeling very proud of myself today- great way to start the new year!

Wow, that is impressive! Good for you! I totally failed at the holiday sweets lol
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    How did everyone else do? Still waiting to hear from most of you! :)
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Well, I indulged a bit in some holiday goodies and my weight is up a tad--could be from the higher insulin doses, though, because I never went over my calories once. At any rate, my weight yesterday was 136.6 and my goal was 135. I had reached my goal a few weeks ago, so I figure once I get the insulin usage back down the weight will follow. My main goal right now is to get my A1C back where it should be. (I'm a type I diabetic on an insulin pump.) Hope everyone else did well on the challenge (and had FUN!) and hope everyone has a great new year!
  • Bubirn
    Options
    Hi all,

Glad to see so many of you met your goal. I didn't quite make mine but got close. I think I was a bit over zealous on how much I could lose in a short period of time. Nonetheless I am very happy with the downward progression of the scale and will be joining the March challenge with a more realistic goal, live and learn :wink:

SW: 279
    CW: 260

On to the next challenge we go and recommit to exercise, the holidays and snow had me off track.
    Congrats to all for a job well done. You are an inspiration and as always a wealth of information to us newbies!!

gerri