New to DC. Is there anybody here?

Options
GenFo
GenFo Posts: 124 Member
Hi there. I've just placed my first order and then found this group. It doesn't look like there has been a post for a long time. Is there anybody out there? :smile:

Replies

• Ishtar72
    Options
    Hi GenFo

I'm out here :happy: I have found that this forum and the one of DC are really, really quiet!!! I think it is shame as I think there are a lot of us DC'ers out there.

I have just received my 2nd delivery so am happy to let you know how I have got on if you have any questions???

Good luck :bigsmile: and let me know how you go??
  • GenFo
    Options
    Oh good. Hello!

If you're on the second delivery you must be doing well. I'm almost a week in and I really like it - especially the sweet potato coconut soup. It's really easy and I haven't felt crazy hungry so far.

Any tips for the new girl?
  • Ishtar72
    Options
    I know what you mean about the hunger pangs, although I do know when it's dinner time lol.

I would advise anybody starting out to use MyFitnessPal but it looks like you've already found that out :tongue: this is a great tool for logging your daily calorie intake, especially with the barcode scanner.

My best "find" is individually portioned microwave rice with vegetables. It's lower calories than half a pouch of ordinary rice & I'm getting my veggies.

As this is your first month, did you order a wide selection of food to try everything out? I did this & then used the delivery slip to make comments about the food so I would know what to order next time (I can forget a lot in one month!). I highlighted dishes I loved, crossed through those I didn't like (not many here!) or said that things were ok & would order again. I then used this as a reference when changing my next order as some meals I will eat once a week but some only once a month etc

Hope this help & let me know how you get on & if you pick up any tips along the way :happy:
  • GenFo
    Options
    I haven't seen the rice and veg combos yet. I'll have to look out for that. Thanks for the tip.

I pretty much ordered one of each and have been scoring them on the delivery slip. I haven't had a cross out yet, but I like some of them a lot and will order more of them for next month. The variety is great. I look forward to every meal...and not just because I'm hungry.
  • GenFo
    Options
    I can't seem to find the rice and vegetables you suggested. I tried Sainsburys and Morrisons in the rice sections. Can you tell me where you them?

Thanks!
  • Ishtar72
    Options
    Hiya, Im glad to hear that you havent crossed anything off yet. I got the rice in the frozen section of tesco - they are in a purplish bag & are 4 packs in a bag. They are tesco own brand.

How much weight have you lost so far on DC??
  • GenFo
    Options
    We don't have a Tesco nearby, but I found something similar in the frozen section as Sainsburys. I never would have thought to look there so thank you!

I lost five pounds the first week and nothing since, but I'm sure I just need to be patient. It could be all sorts of funny reasons.
  • Ishtar72
    Options
    I'm glad you found them :happy:

I seem to be losing 2lbs per week but had one week with nothing then 3lb the next week! We are all different and have ups and downs. Keep with it but if you still have no loss maybe contact DC on their live help & ask for some advice? Maybe you' re eating too much or even not enough!?

Good luck :bigsmile:
  • jellyit
    Options
    Hi! great tip about the rice/veg bags, didn't know about them (link below for any other readers)

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=261732984

I've added to my tesco basket online, a godsend thanks!!
  • Ishtar72
    Options
    Hi jellyit :happy:

Glad to help & I really like them. Let us know if you have any handy hints & tips :bigsmile:
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    I joined DC nearly a year ago and have lost over 4 stone since. :)
    36187518.png
  • Ishtar72
    Options
    Congratulations & well done!!! I too had approx 4 stone to lose. I am nearly 2 mths in & already just over a stone lighter. I can't believe how easy it is :happy:

At least you are inspiring us that it is achievable.... Are you still using DC as maintenance and, if so, how does that work? How many calories can you have a day?

Again, well done you, you must be really proud :bigsmile:
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    Congratulations & well done!!! I too had approx 4 stone to lose. I am nearly 2 mths in & already just over a stone lighter. I can't believe how easy it is :happy:

At least you are inspiring us that it is achievable.... Are you still using DC as maintenance and, if so, how does that work? How many calories can you have a day?

Again, well done you, you must be really proud :bigsmile:

Not on diet chef now no, I stopped using it once I hit bmi of 25. I aim for between 1200 and 1600 cals a day and am sort of trying to exercise a bit more!
  • LT128
    LT128 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:
    I'm about 11 days into my Diet Chef journey & I'm currently 7.4 pounds down.
    I'd really love to have some Diet Chef friends, so please free to add me!

x
  • CAPS7777
    CAPS7777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Im just starting my second week and have lost 4lb last week. Long long way to go, but the meals are quick and tasty.
    58398269.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    Well done! keep up the good work!
    Hi Everyone
    Im just starting my second week and have lost 4lb last week. Long long way to go, but the meals are quick and tasty.
    58398269.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    *Creeps in and waves* I'm here too :P
  • Roz1212
    Roz1212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm thinking of starting Diet Chef - what do people think of it? I did Jenny Craig (no longer available in the UK) which was excellent but I took my eye off the ball and have put the weight back on over the last 2 years :-(
  • jesssmith292
    Options
    Hi Everyone. My first food box arrived today so I am looking forward to starting this tonight. Its great to hear some of the success stories in this thread to motivate me!

I have never tried to lose weight 'socially' so I hope by having other people to be accountable to and talk to, this will make mine a success story too!
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Seems very quiet in here (much like DC's own forum :() - Anyway, I'm in with just over 92lbs lost so far after 9 months with DC. Anyone is welcome to add me B)