Is anyone interested in starting a daily thread?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    30 minutes of weights, 45 minutes on the trainer.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Just found this thread as I don't frequent the forums. But I need something to help keep me on track. The workouts are not a problem. It's the nutrition I have a hard time with. Seems impossible to lose the last 15 lbs. I just get so hungry after my workouts that I eat like crazy and tend to make some less than optimal choices.

Today's workout was 2200 yd swim 44 minutes with no drills and no rest. Just want to set a baseline at the distance for comparison. Followed by a 6 miles run at 8 min/ miles with 2 at 7min/mile. The run felt great as I've been having some glute pain that didn't bother me today.

Planning a couple sprints, one Oly and my A race in July is a 70.3 with a goal time of 5:02:00. Probably out of my range but if I can drop the last of the weight and stay on the training plan I might be able to pull it off.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Today's run: 10 min w/u, 3 x (20 min all out, 3 min recovery), run to completion.

Looked and saw 2 mile repeats on the schedule for next week. Blech.
  • scott091501
    45 minutes on the trainer (easy effort), lower body strength circuits, hip mobility work.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    weights today... deads, pull-ups, rows
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    1500 yd swim and 65 minutes on the bike trainer
  • scott091501
    10 min w/u, 2 x (2 miles all out, 3 min recovery), run to completion (1:20 total)

Woke up late so this was done on the treadmill. An hour twenty on the dreadmill is torture, but at least Hoosiers was on TV.
  • scott091501
    On the trainer

Stacker Down (1:30)
    Warm Up:
    10 minute easy
    5 minutes build effort - not too hard
    5 x :15 build effort/:45 easy
    Main Set:
    10 minutes in strong effort, 75-80 rpms in a big gear/1 minute easy.
    9 minutes in strong effort, 75-80 rpms in a big gear/2 minutes easy.
    8 minutes in strong effort 75-80 rpms in a big gear/3 minutes easy.
    7 minutes in strong effort, 75-80 rpms in a big gear/4 minutes easy.
    6 minutes in strong effort, 75-80 rpms in a big gear/5 minutes easy.
    Cool Down:
    15 minutes easy

Upper body circuits.
  • slerich
    slerich Posts: 14 Member
    I'm hoping by getting on here and seeing what everyone is doing will help me start my training up. Been out of training this year but have big plans for 2014. Makes me want to get my bike out seeing this.

Keep it up!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    60:00 on the trainer last night,

20 minute warmup

20 minute sufferfest video, Extra Shot (all race with small "hills")

20 minute cooldown while watching nitro circus.

Felt good, legs tired this morning.
  • kwilson18
    kwilson18 Posts: 42 Member
    Yesterday: strength training (I'm doing New Rules of Lifting Supercharged), then 30 minutes easy on the spin bike at the gym.
    Plan today is for running intervals on the basement dreadmill (30 minutes).
    I finally got a replacement HRM for my Garmin- now I'm trying to figure out my heart rate zones, but there's so much conflicting info...
  • scott091501
    Yesterday: strength training (I'm doing New Rules of Lifting Supercharged), then 30 minutes easy on the spin bike at the gym.
    Plan today is for running intervals on the basement dreadmill (30 minutes).
    I finally got a replacement HRM for my Garmin- now I'm trying to figure out my heart rate zones, but there's so much conflicting info...

The easiest field test is the way Joel Friel suggests setting your zones.

http://www.trainingbible.com/joesblog/2009/11/quick-guide-to-setting-zones.html

I prefer to have more data from my clients when I set their zones. So I'll have them do run tests with multiple intervals (distance/time dependent on fitness level). Generally I use a 15-20 minute w/u run and then go 4 x 1 mile repeats with 3 minute rest in between or 3 x 15 minute repeats with the same amount of rest. At that point you take the average HR of each interval and average those together to get a more accurate estimation of you lactate threshold heart rate. You should retest every 6-8 weeks. HR zones change with your fitness level.
  • dbmata
    60 minutes on the trainer.

15 minutes warmup
    35 minutes core ride
    10 minutes cooldown

Kept it nice and easy, 125-145 hr.

I'm liking this, not really being hungry is good.
  • scott091501
    1:10 Tempo interval run

20 min w/u, 2 x (10 min tempo, 5 min easy), aerobic effort to completion.
  • dbmata
    rest day from the bike stuff, so did a quick hour fifteen of bouldering at the local rock gym.
  • scott091501
    Knee is acting up and I had recovery work scheduled for today so I took today off.
  • Been feeling rubbish, a recovery week, and an unmotivated one. Got in one of each sbr
    Now done what I wanted to do - 2 sports in one day. About 18 min run and the same swim.
    I'm just starting multisport and I'm due on, but a few weeks ago i did 750m freestyle in a row almost... With few rests... A couple of weeks ago I ran 7 miles in 11mm
    I ran HM's in 2010.
    I don't feel worth it if I don't do 2 sports and / or my maximum. I've heard it said you should stick w one sport till you can do no more good . Is this right?

I think I need to go back to therapy.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Bike Test today: 10 min WU, 40 min test, 5 min CD
    Test: 40:00 min, Avg 27.1 mph, Avg. HR 141. Forgot to glance at my power numbers.

25 min Z1-Z2 run this afternoon.
  • dbmata
    Sunday did a two hour bike session, that beat my *kitten* literally.
    15 min WU
    1:34 work period, kept hr ranged between 130 and 140
    15 CD

Last night was a bike rest day, so I did an hour at the rock gym, bouldering.
  • kwilson18
    kwilson18 Posts: 42 Member
    Rested yesterday.
    Intervals on the treadmill today-
    Warm up 10 min
    1min fast/1min easy x 6
    8 min cool down
    fast speeds were 6.0 x 2, 7.0 x 2, 8.0x2.

I got the intake questionnaire for my triathlon team coach to plan out the workouts for the year- here we go!