Is anyone interested in starting a daily thread?

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Strength work w/trainer yesterday: Core, chest, arms,etc, followed by 5 1/4's done on treadmill.

Treadmill day today: warm up 1/2m, then 4 x1000m repeats. Pace: 7:30, 7:24, 7:19, 7:24 w/ 2 min recovery
    cool down.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    . Today: 40 minutes recovery pace on treadmill. 4.5miles @ 9:03 pace.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Today: treadmill: 9 x 1/4mile repeats @ 7min pace

Plan is to make tomorrow my first swim workout.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    First swim attempt at my local pool today was a major reality check! Struggled through about 10 laps,(with several breaks) trying to keep the goggles on and the water out of my lungs, LOL. LOTS of work to be done, or I'll sink like a rock during the event in June.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 50:00 on the trainer.

15:00 Warm up
    20:00 Sufferfest - Extra Shot
    15:00 Cooldown

I was pretty spent, rode that 20 minutes as hard as I could, because I now have two whole rest days. Might get an hour of climbing in tomorrow.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm a would be triathlete but this thread sounds great.

Today I did 3 miles running in Z4-5 (managed to go at a whopping 6 mph which is good for me :-))
    1 hr swimming drills, mainly reach and glides but some legwork as well

. Most probably a day off tomorrow depnding on comittments - I've had a good week and need some recovery ready for the next few days
  • davert123
    Options
    First swim attempt at my local pool today was a major reality check! Struggled through about 10 laps,(with several breaks) trying to keep the goggles on and the water out of my lungs, LOL. LOTS of work to be done, or I'll sink like a rock during the event in June.

Can you get a coach ? I couldn't swim a length of crawl until the beginning of Nov but going to a class as allowed me to really progress. Still got a long way to go but I would be struggling a lot more than I am without help
  • davert123
    Options
    Been feeling rubbish, a recovery week, and an unmotivated one. Got in one of each sbr
    Now done what I wanted to do - 2 sports in one day. About 18 min run and the same swim.
    I'm just starting multisport and I'm due on, but a few weeks ago i did 750m freestyle in a row almost... With few rests... A couple of weeks ago I ran 7 miles in 11mm
    I ran HM's in 2010.
    I don't feel worth it if I don't do 2 sports and / or my maximum. I've heard it said you should stick w one sport till you can do no more good . Is this right?

I think I need to go back to therapy.

Clouddog. I've only got book experience to go by but every one I've read suggests progressing all 3 together. Fitness isn't 100% transferable between them and therefore it is beneficial to practice all 3 - perhaps 2 a day. A great book I've got is "the triathletes training bible". Well worth the money
  • Djproulx
    Options
    davert,

Yes I can and that is my plan. I work with a personal trainer, but he's not a swim coach. He suggested that I find a swim coach. I've found my local Y has a tri club, with swim clinics on Monday nights. I'm planning to sign up so I can get help with my form.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Temps were warm and snow is gone from the roads, so I ran outside.

54 minutes of effort .
  • Djproulx
    Options
    outdoor bike ride. 1hr, 25 min. moderate effort.

strength day w/trainer tomorrow.
  • davert123
    Options
    Come down with a cold so cut my run down today

1/2 hr upper body resistance (dropped a little weight because of cold)
    10 min stationary bike - steady 200W 90-100RPM
    1.5 miles Z2-3 on tread mill
    3.2+6.2 miles mountain bike on road. Aching at the end of it. Cold taking it out of me and this is the longest I've been on a bike so far. Planning on upping this to 10.5 miles without a break so I am ready for a UK sprint in April
  • dbmata
    Options
    Long ride today keeping an hr of 115-130

Total time in: 2:05:00

Warm up 00:10:00
    Work 01:45:00
    Cooldown 00:10:00

HRM broke, probably needs a battery for the transponder unit.

My saddle is really taking it hard to my bottom bits, too.
  • Djproulx
    Options

Ouch. sounds like its time for a new saddle or bike shorts.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Strength session w/trainer. 45 min: core, chest, legs, etc, with a 1/4mile lap on treadmill between each set.

First swim clinic is tonight. I"m about as nervous as a kindergartner on the first day of school. :)
  • dbmata
    Options

Ouch. sounds like its time for a new saddle or bike shorts.

Well, picked up two new pairs of shorts this week, but I'm leaning towards a new saddle. Been looking at the Adamo line.
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have two Adamo Race II. Love them.
  • dbmata
    Options
    so far, everyone I've talked to about them loves them.

So I think I need to find one to sit on. How do it go with your aero position?
  • dbmata
    Options
    2 hours at the rock gym top rope climbing today

Prior to that, about 10 pull ups throughout the day. (this is big, first time in my adult life I've been able to do a pullup.)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Congrats on doing pullups. I'm not quite there yet.