Introduce yourself!

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Hi, I'm caradae. I'm a married, full-time working mother of two small children, and I'm about to finish the year 25 pounds lighter.

I've been hosting this monthly challenge since June. It's a hard challenge to win--I've won only twice myself. But I've lost 22 pounds in my attempts, I'm feeling great, and I'm looking better. I'm hoping to make it through December without ganing any weight and to hit January with tracking habits firmly in place.

Let's end 2013 right!

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jenna :) I have been on MFP for a while, but staying within a 5 lb range for a long time. I'm 5'6" and my starting weight was 180, now I've been hovering around 155-160. My lowest weight since starting is 152. I am hoping to break into the 140's soon, but I'm worried that I've gained weight since moving. I haven't had my scale with me so on 12/1 I'm going to step on it and see how much damage is done. My goal weight is 125. I definitely need this accountability challenge to keep me on track till the 1st of the year. 30 consistant days will be so good for me. I"m also starting Insanity on the 1st or 2nd, woohoo!
  • PINKSPARKLE1965INPARADISE
    Options
    hello I'm Simone Renee looking to lose weight ..continuing my all over toning..and keeping disiplined in my eating
  • caradae
    Options
    Hi, Jenna! It sounds like you've done great so far. Glad to have you on board! :)

Hi, Simone. Good to see you back. :)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lulu (or Linda if you insist) and so far (knock on wood) I've survived the November challenge and Thanksgiving. November was my first month of doing this challenge and I managed to lose 7 lbs since Nov. 1. The challenge has helped me stay on track and I'm hoping to lose another 7 in December. I'm 63 years old and yesterday was the first day, ever, that I've gone swimming on Thanksgiving morning. The only way I could fit a piece of my apple pie in was to go big and so I swam for an hour............yikes!

I'm looking forward to December's challenge.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Umer and I have been on MFP for 1.5 year. I have been doing little exercise for past few months and as a result I have gained nearly 20 lbs. My actual weight loss back in April was 56lbs. I need some kicking and strict challenge that holds me accountable for each day. I would like to complete the challenge in December in order to discipline myself.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Louise. I attempted this challenge for November and I failed miserably! For some reason I just couldn't stop eating! I am fairly close to my goal and Im hoping to get there by the end of January but to do that I seriously need to cop on to myself a bit and get back on track with exercising - right now I am sitting on the couch trying to build up the energy to go for a run, I think signing up here is giving me the motivation I need!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Rainey and this will be my 3rd time doing this challenge. I made it through Octobers and almost messed up at the end, but kept on a plugging and made it. Novembers has seemed pretty easy for me. I even managed to make it through Thanksgiving without going over my calorie goal :) I hit Onederland last week and so I am so grateful for these challenges. It makes me even more accountable. I have a couple more days to get through the November challenge, but I can do it :D.

Looking forward to doing the December challenge. This will be a harder month with Christmas and all the goodies that go along with it. Always yummy stuff on the breakroom table every single night I work too, but I have fantastic will power (or I did last year avoiding all those goodies)
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Kristine. This is my third Accountability Challenge. With the help of this challenge I have been able to lose +20lbs. I find it very helpful when I know at the end of the day I will log on here and be honest with the group but more honestly with myself. I will be putting the challenge to the test this month, between a girls 5 day weekend away and the holidays it is going to be a struggle.
    Enjoy the group and will see you at the end!
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm Cip and think I've found a happy medium with MyFitnessPal... key is to be honest with yourself.

Joined this group, but unsure as to what the end goal of the challenge is. And people talk about winning? How does one win?
  • kikimuffy
    kikimuffy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello to all embarking on the December Challenge. My name is Charlotte and I am from the Netherlands. I am married with 2 young beautiful children. The past few years my weight has increased and I am now at the point where I think 'enough is enough'. I saw a program on TV here called 'The Biggest Loser' and I watched every week how the contestants lost weight and I didn't. It is the final week on the TV show and to see how the contestants have lost weight in a 14 week period has made me think.. I CAN DO IT TOO!. So here I am, joining this challenge, cause losing weight in groups is much more motivational than losing weight alone.
    So my goal, in the period of 12 weeks, is to lose at least 10 kilos...this I call my Phase One. There are 4 Phases in my goal. I have bought the DVD workout Insanity for my home training and a work out outfit, a camera to photograph changes, a Croozer Buggy which is a buggy so I can go for a jog taking my little one with me, my bike is checked and ready for outdoor use for small trips i.e taking the kiddies to school...going to the supermarket etc...the aim is to use the car less...and I have downloaded the My Fitness Pal App on my phone and Runtastic App for exercise progress.
    So here I am....preparing for the Challenge that begins this Monday...
    My aim is to lose a total of 20 kilos....anything less is failure...Month December I want 4 kilos off the scale...
    Weakness: emotional eater...but working through it...
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're primed and ready to go. Best of luck!
  • ThabiFabulous
    Options
    Hi I'm Thabang and I'm a 20 year old, full time university student. I have been on MFP for exactly 30 days today and have actually gained weight. Granted I haven't been consistent and have been over-eating. I have been on yo-yo diets for as long as I can remember, so this time I wanna do it right. I'm going home in a week for summer vacation and I ALWAYS gain weight when I'm home(there's just sth about my mom's cooking), so this time I wanna lose weight when I'm home for a change. This is officially my 1st challenge and the Rules are intense and so strict, which is what I feel is exactly what I need. Hopefully I will make it till the end :)
  • teacup98
    Options
    Hi I'm Tonya and on December 1st I will be 40 years old. I am a stay at home mom. I started my weight loss journey awhile ago, so far I have lost 100 lbs. I feel great about my weight loss so far, but unfortunately my motivation is decreasing. I DO NOT want to go back where I started so I think this challenge is great to get me back to the motivation I need. Good luck everyone!
  • caradae
    Options
    I'm Cip and think I've found a happy medium with MyFitnessPal... key is to be honest with yourself.

Joined this group, but unsure as to what the end goal of the challenge is. And people talk about winning? How does one win?

"Winning" means you answered "yes" to all of my questions every day in December: you stayed within your calorie budget for the day, you exercised for 20+ minutes, and kept track of everything you ate and drank.

You stayed in the group all month.

"...unsure as to what the end goal of the challenge is."

Thank you for asking that. No one ever has, but I can see how it might not be clear, now that you point it out.

The end goal of the challenge is to have stayed mindful of your diet/exercise plan for a month. The goal isn't to starve yourself for 31 days and to gym out every day--you can give yourself days off by setting your calorie budget high and by doing light housework for exercise. By having to come here every day and say, in front of the group, "Yes, I was active today, and, yes, I'm aware of what I ate today," you're ensured two things: 1. that you will have to be mindful of what you're putting into your body and the exercise you're feeding it all month long, and 2. that you will have an audience, which is something many people (myself included) need in order to stay on track.
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello Mary here! I did the challenge in November and FAILED when catching fire came out and movie popcorn called my name!
    However I am back and super excited to do this! I know where my weaknesses are with this challenge so I am hopping to breeze through this challenge and WIN!.

Oh and I am 23 Been yoyo dieting for most of my life and I've lost 6.8 lbs during the UAC November hoping to do the same in December
  • caradae
    Options
    Welcome, everyone! Teacup, wow, congrats on the 100-pound weight loss! :)
  • caradae
    Options
    Hello Mary here! I did the challenge in November and FAILED when catching fire came out and movie popcorn called my name!

Haha. I can see that happening. That was a very distracting movie.
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hiya, so I am back to attemp to do this challenge again in December.
    I am pretty good with exercising, a bit worse to keep logging what I eat, as have 2 small kids and not much time for myself.
    But really want to loose my last 25 pounds,so have to try hardest.
  • DasGoff
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Robin, I didn't last long in the Accountability Challenge for November as I struggled balencing it all with my work load for uni. I am back for Decembers challenge with all new determination, I've been exercising alongside uni over the past few weeks so hope that my body is prepared for what's to come :)
  • jordanhuber
    jordanhuber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jordan. Im 22 years old and have been big all my life ive only really started taking control about a month ago and am down 8lbs. This will be my first challenge and im glad it is so strict. This challenge will help me push throu my one month lull and find a good momentum. Im excited to see how strong my will power is! Good luck to all!!