Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• fuqele
    fuqele Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Annie. I'm a 24 years old full-time student. I've been struggling to lose weight since middle school but have never succeeded. I go on and off with diet, exercise for a few days and give up. I want to stop that and stay committed! I want a healthy life-style and have a strong, toned body, and I am sure that I can do it. Over the next two months, I will be doing the Insanity program. I've heard it's very difficult and I don't have much of a sports background, but I will give it my best.

My goal for December is to lose 5 pounds so I can go crazy on post-christmas shopping!
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Gus.

This is my fifth challenge. I won in August, September and October and lost 42 pounds. I messed up in November and have not been able to lose much since then. I am so happy to be back. Thank you, Caradae.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cody and I am a mother of a 6, 3, and 1 yr old. I am a preschool teacher. Since June I have been doing well at watching what I eat and exercising. I have seen this challenge over the months. The first time was for the July challenge but I knew I was going to be out of internet service for a few days while I went camping so I didn't give it a try. I am trying it now because I am getting over a cold and my endurance has been down some plus I want to make sure I am still making healthy choices throughout the month. I have a friends BBQ get together on Friday, my birthday on Sat, plus all the other holiday eating that comes in this month and I think now more than other months I need a little more accountability. Happy to be apart of the group. I would love to be able to lose 6-9 lbs this month.
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Sarah - I'm 19 and a full time student working two jobs. I've always been overweight, reaching 249 sometime last year before I decided to make some major changes - now I'm down to 170 (20 lbs lighter than my driver's license!?) and still going at it.
    I've never taken part in an MFP accountability challenge before, but I love the idea and I'm in it to win it! This month I only had 18/30 days with workouts I was proud of...I've got to get recommitted and make that 30/30 (or 31/31 this month, I suppose. even better!).
    Best of luck to everyone this month -- we can do it!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Hi all, this is my first time in the challenge.

December might not be the best time to join (so many distractions, parties and temptations coming up!) but after a couple of years on MFP I feel like I'm coasting at the moment and need something to kick start my mojo!

Daily exercise and tracking is not my problem, staying within my calorie allowance is the thing I struggle to do. I want to make sure I end the year lighter than I started it , so accountability is just what I need.

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hellooooo. You guys know this challenge is for December right? The month with homemade Christmas treats foisted upon you at every turn, endless hours shopping, decorating, cleaning and drinking, a Christmas stocking filled with sweets and a Christmas dinner that compels you to wear your stretchy pants.

But much love Carradae, not only for starting and moderating this group but for sharing your past performance. I love the idea that even if we don't "win" per se, we can use the challenge as motivation to push a little harder.

So it's crazy but I'm in. In fact for me, it may have inched away from crazy towards impossible because an hour ago I hurt my Achilles in my tennis aerobics class (had to leave half way through).

Anyway good luck fellow competitors. Maybe we can do the impossible.

Thank you. That was lovely.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. :(
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Welcome, everyone! I hope you're all having a good holiday season and are enjoying your last day of freedom, mwhahaha.
  • xxsarahjwxx
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm Sarah, I'm 24 and from the UK. I have been on MFP for about 5 weeks and have been logging consistently for 19 days. I have lost 11lbs so far and I need all the help I can get for December!! I have been doing 6 gym classes a week (2 x spinning, 2 x fitball, 2 x zumba) and over Christmas I will be going home to see my family for 2 weeks which means no classes to keep me straight and none of my own food! Also, my office is always full of treats and so I know the run up to Xmas is going to be hard. Hoping to stay as strong as I have been in November! Good luck to everyone!
  • mimisfat
    mimisfat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Fran AKA Mimisfat on MFP. I have been using MFP for quite a while now but have slacked off in the past several weeks and have already noticed a weight gain.Hopefully, being accountable to others will get me back on track.
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a mother of two young men who are now in high school. I was going to say boys because that's what they will always be to me but they are taller than me so young men it is. I've been laid off for a year now & only in the last months have I started to use the time to work out. I did a Diet Bet that Jillian Michaels hosted & won! I wanted to keep the momentum going & found the November challenge which I am proud to say I'm also about to complete. I'm excited to start December. I love the accountability since it is helping me continue with my weight loss & also helping me set new goals for 2014. My boyfriend has joined me on my fitness journey & I love it! Today, I joined him on his first 5K. I like the saying that says the couple that works out together, stays together :love:

As caradae says, let's end 2013 right!
  • homestawwunner
    homestawwunner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm homestawwunner, and while I'm not new to logging meals and workouts on MFP, I am new to MFP groups and challenges. This sounds like a fun way to start!

I'm 25 and have lost most of the weight I put on in college, but not all of it. (I graduated at 160, am now at 130, and would like to be 120.) I've recently taken up swimming again, after a 10 year hiatus. I hope to make it my new activity, after a knee injury made running out of the question.

I've also been really terrible about what I eat. I have the best intentions and bring my lunch to work, but when stress strikes, the pizza in the cafeteria calls to me. So, these last 10 pounds just haven't come off, mainly because of a lack of dedication. This challenge looks like a great way to stay accountable to someone!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Peggy and I am a 56 year old single but in a relationship woman. I am working as a nursing assistant in an assisted living home. I lost over 100 pounds 2 years ago but started to work overnight and gained ALOT of it back. I have lost 36 of those pounds and would like to lose 10 more before the end of the year.
  • graciiekim
    graciiekim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Grace and I'm 16 years old. My weight has been fluctuating a lot recently and I would love to go down a few pounds before the end of 2013. Also, I really need an actual goal, especially because the holidays are coming up and I don't want to let myself slip up. Good luck to everyone else!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Beverley. I started this challenge last month & was not able to complete it. I'm ready to give it yet another try. Gotta end the year right.
  • shawndeana
    shawndeana Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined MFP and I am looking forward to this challenge. I know it will be hard, but I am hoping that it is what I need to get started on getting the excess weight off.
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm Liz. I'm 25 years old and my job as an RN is what i've been using as an excuse not to lose weight. I've been using MFP on and off since college. I'd like to lose 10lbs before my inlaws come to visit in mid January. I'm 5'1'' and 148lbs
    I'm so excited about this group because I always do better with accountability! Lets do this!!
  • hwalker9103
    hwalker9103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP and although I do not really have much weight to lose I think this challenge will be fun and useful during the holidays:-) I am wanting to lose 7 lbs. (going from 112 to 105). I am a hot yoga teacher and I love eating healthy, organic, vegan food and exercising! I am looking forward to this!
  • sterlingwolf
    sterlingwolf Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nancy. I'm back for a second month of holding myself accountable! For November I lost about 5 lbs. Not sure about the inches down, I'll be dragging the measuring tape out tomorrow. There were several days I didn't think I was going to make it but I did! I learned to make some better choices and I've learned which exercises my body can tolerate and which ones it can't. I have fibromyalgia and diabetic peripheral neuropathy in both legs and feet. My daily experience can be very painful but I still managed to push through to get my exercise in, even if the exercise was nothing more then cleaning the house. Looking forward to another month of successes! Best of luck to everyone that's doing the challenge this month!
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rachael. I'm currently at my highest ever weight and I need a challenge to kick start the lifestyle changes I need to make to get my weight back under control. I'm really hoping this challenge will keep me on task.
  • Jillybeanfit
    Jillybeanfit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Jill :)
    I'll be 24 this month, and I've lost 30lbs with weight watchers, I started off at 180, and I'm 5 feet tall. In the summer I'm very active, I have a boat, I'm barely home and in the winter I travel. Going to Mexico for 3 weeks next month so I'm looking to get in the best shape of my life. T25 is helping tone my body. I participated in November's challenge and it really helped me kick my plateau in the Butt! I used to always go over my calories by a couple or few hundred, not anymore!